PDA

View Full Version : What are you having for your dinner tonight?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:32 PM
How are you getting on CJK??

Donna do you like stew??? If you made some for an evening meal you could always reheat it??? just cook it with meat, stock and loads and loads of veg. Sometimes when I cook a stew I make sure there is extra so I can have it one lunchtime.

Donna
03-02-2006, 09:35 PM
How are you getting on CJK??

Donna do you like stew??? If you made some for an evening meal you could always reheat it??? just cook it with meat, stock and loads and loads of veg. Sometimes when I cook a stew I make sure there is extra so I can have it one lunchtime.

Yes Stew is good. But what about the gravy? Thought that bad?

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:39 PM
Donna the juice of the meat and veg will make it's own gravy without any flour if you cook it long enough, just add tonnes of veg, I normally use a bit of carrott, leeks are excellent and melt as they cook to help thicken it up a bit, swede and onions are good as well, perhaps just add a very finely diced onion.

CJK
03-02-2006, 09:39 PM
i barely seemed to even have had time to eat today, missed brekkie, missed lunc! woops i know but am soo busy i didnt even realise i hadnt eaten. Blood sugars are grand though, 5.9. gonna treat myself to a tea WITH skimmed milk in a minute, seeing as i not eaten, sod the diet, iw ant milk!

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Just don't add any flour/browning to thicken it.

CJK
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
i use a slow cooker to make my stew etc, shove in plenty of water, cookslowly, no gravy needed, as EmmeG says

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Sorry to hear that your life CJ is so hectic :(

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I wish I had a slow cooker CJ!!! My sister in law borrowed my last one and we never got it back!!!

I usually cook my stews for a good couple of hours in the oven.

CJK
03-02-2006, 09:46 PM
my hubby got me slow cooker for xmas, i wouldnt be without it now!
life with 5 adult bunnies, three cats two kids and two bunnykins, is pretty hectic! plus non stop phone calls to see if the babies are ok ( no apolgies for waking me up when i nodded off lOL) and rushing to the bank and back in time for feeding, then docs and back.... fun fun fun!!!!

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Why it is when life gets a big hectic it gets mega hectic????

You should make sure you look after yourself though CJ!

CJK
03-02-2006, 09:52 PM
well hubby here for weekend, so I am going to ask him to either do a feed orlet me take a nap between feeds. And I know he'll run me a bath and make me a cuppa, he always does. If I am extra lucky he might take the kids out to the aprk for an hour. And if i REALLY play on it he may do some of the housework too! lol

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 09:56 PM
milk it for what it's worth CJ!!!!! lol

CJK
03-02-2006, 09:59 PM
ooh i will, it the first weekend he been here since we decided to try again, so i really gonna get my moneys worth so to speak.

dandysmom
03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Tonight will be homemade vegetable noodle soup, green salad and a roll again...I'm not watcging carbs or anything, but do avoid trans fats:lol:

Fran
03-02-2006, 10:21 PM
All the fats here tonight :shock: :-D Fish, chips and mushy peas from the chippy :cool:

Kazz
03-02-2006, 10:50 PM
All the fats here tonight :shock: :-D Fish, chips and mushy peas from the chippy :cool:

Shhh Fran I mentioned fresh roe and chips earlier and there was a gasp from the dieters we are not helping, :roll: us takeaway consumers

EmmaG
03-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Shhh Fran I mentioned fresh roe and chips earlier and there was a gasp from the dieters we are not helping, :roll: us takeaway consumers

:-D :-D :-D I actually love fresh roe :) I haven't had it for years though.

Even if I low carb I would still eat fish from the fish and chip shop - just minus the batter :roll:

I have to suffer the rest of my work colleagues today eating chips followed by loads of donuts!!!! lol

dinahsmum
04-02-2006, 11:29 AM
One question for the venison eaters on here, where do you get your venison from?? a local butcher?? I can find smoked venison in Sainsburys but I am having trouble finding joints of it???

DM it makes for an interesting thread ;)

Yes Emma - my venison comes either from the local butcher (very good) or the monthly farmers market. probably the same source either way.

You will like it - it's incredibly lean for all you weight watchers too!

CJK
04-02-2006, 12:13 PM
I never had venison, think DM must be rather posh! lol

dinahsmum
04-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I never had venison, think DM must be rather posh! lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's game - peasant food!

CJK
04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
oh am i getting mixed up with veal?

we got braised steak casserole tongiht.it in the slow cooker, i can smell it starting to cook and it making me hungry!!!

JemBob
04-02-2006, 06:02 PM
where having KFC YAY!

Donna
04-02-2006, 08:13 PM
I been good (I think) again today. Emma can let me know if it is not good!

Had a cooked brekkie this morn egg/bacon etc.
Had cheese salad lunch

and still full up from that and it is now 7.15pm!!!

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Doing excellent Donna,

What are you going to have for your dinner? I would try and have a little bit of food even if you don't really want to :)

Have you had any headaches yet? Have you noticed any difference on the scales/clothing?? I think it will be soon you start to notice some difference.

Does this seem very strange from the way you were with WW??

Donna
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Doing excellent Donna,

What are you going to have for your dinner? I would try and have a little bit of food even if you don't really want to :)

Have you had any headaches yet? Have you noticed any difference on the scales/clothing?? I think it will be soon you start to notice some difference.

Does this seem very strange from the way you were with WW??

Hi Ems,

Not sure about dinner - might have some chicken tikka and salad. But not hungry at the mo. Been keeping off the scales on purpose as I used to weigh myself on a monday with WW so will look monday :oops: Feel more energetic and not so out of breath when running up the stairs. No real headaches.

Think I have got over the fat frighteners now - enjoying this diet as i LOVE cheese and I can eat it!!!! Love the brekkies. And dont feel at all hungry. Still cant see how I will lose weight as I am eating great food and dont feel hungry!!!:-D

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh that is good about having more energy ;) I will be dying to know come Monday if the scales have moved, one thing you might notice even if you don't have any a great result on the scales (although I am sure you will) is that your clothes might start feeling looser.

Donna
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh that is good about having more energy ;) I will be dying to know come Monday if the scales have moved, one thing you might notice even if you don't have any a great result on the scales (although I am sure you will) is that your clothes might start feeling looser.

I am not gonna be too optimistic this week, as I have been using up some of my low fat stuff and that is not what I should be eating. The low fat mayo has been finished today (hooray!!). MIght take the low fat cheese and cheese spread into work for the guys to eat. And going shopping tomorrow so will get some more good full fat goods!!

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Well it really sounds as if you are doing very well Donna, I will be very interested to hear how you have found the low carbing after say a couple of weeks. I did find that breakfast was the hardest thing as I am a not a great egg lover first thing in the morning ;) but it is great that you like the breakfasts ;)

Donna
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
I did find that breakfast was the hardest thing as I am a not a great egg lover first thing in the morning ;) but it is great that you like the breakfasts ;)

Breakfast my absolute favourite - but am having to get up earlier to cook it all, and there are so many pots to clean!! But my new george foreman grill gets that bacon sausage and tomato cooked in no time. oooh lovely!!

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 09:03 PM
hmmmm I might do myself a fry up for breakfast tomorrow ;)

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Donna Sainsburys ultimate pork sausage are very low with their carbs, they work out to be 1.2 carb per sausage and they taste fantastic!!!!

EmmaG
04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Yes Emma - my venison comes either from the local butcher (very good) or the monthly farmers market. probably the same source either way.

You will like it - it's incredibly lean for all you weight watchers too!

Thanks for that info DM, I should try my local food deli www.thefoodcompany.co.uk (http://www.thefoodcompany.co.uk) do excellent meat, I will have to pop in and have a word with them, although their meat is quite expensive the quality and flavour is really worth it!!!

dandysmom
04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Tonight dinner will be Chinese pork potstickers, cauliflower and kim-chi. YUM!:-D

janey83
04-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Tonight i have had a feast. Sandwiches, crisp, pasta(mmm), pizza everythin you could think of. Coz its my grandads 86th bday, just come home now and i am stuffed.

Fran
05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Tonight i have had a feast. Sandwiches, crisp, pasta(mmm), pizza everythin you could think of. Coz its my grandads 86th bday, just come home now and i am stuffed.

Wow!! 86 what a great age Jane. Hope your grandad enjoyed his birthday party :)

janey83
05-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Wow!! 86 what a great age Jane. Hope your grandad enjoyed his birthday party :)

I know he has had abit of a ruff time lately with exorsion(spelt wrong). But he's doing ok, not as good as he was mind. His wife (my nan) is 84 i think.

Kazz
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Roast pork today with all the trimmings - includin my fav cauli and cheese sauce,:-D

Mags
05-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Today it's Roast leg of lamb with rosemary, mint sauce, roast potatoes (for hubby only), sprouts, carrots, broccoli and gravy....

dinahsmum
05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Roast pork today with all the trimmings - includin my fav cauli and cheese sauce,:-D
cauli-cheese here as well Kazz, but with roast sirloin. mmmm. Cooked it and had beef & yorkshire yesterday and will do roast spuds and parsnips fresh today.
Had our 'Sunday Lunch' on Saturday because OH is away M/T/W and you need a piece big enough to last at least 2 days to keep it moist and yummy.

Kazz
05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
my roast pork will be with roast spuds, mash (I adore mash) gravy, cauli cheese sauce, fresh carrots - hmmm and fruit trifle for pudding.:-D

Also cooked a smallish piece of beef for sarnies/tea later.:D

yola
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Roast here tonight as well - albeit it a bit earlier than usual coz of going to the gig. Will have cauliflower w/cheese sauce, spinach, + parsnips, red onion n potatoes (roasted). Chicken will be the meat. Waitrose chicken gravy with it coz it tastes completely home-made - can't STAND those gravy granules . . . they're a quick way to ruin a meal.

Fresh raspberries to follow . . .

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Well lamb shanks are in the oven and it smells great :) I have also popped in with the lamb some smoked garlic, rosemary, carrots and leeks fresh from the garden :) and a bit of vegetable stock.

dinahsmum
05-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Forgot to mention the bottle of Campo Viejo Gran Reserva to go with ours. Cooking nicely now, Scotland are leading in the rugby :shock: , all's well with the world!

Donna
05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Well lamb shanks are in the oven and it smells great :) I have also popped in with the lamb some smoked garlic, rosemary, carrots and leeks fresh from the garden :) and a bit of vegetable stock.

Another low carb meal I take it Emma!! I am going to have chicken and cauliflower/brocolli with cheesy sauce.

How much have you lost now????

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi Donna,

I have lost 8lbs since 15th January :) Since 15th Jan I have been keeping a daily record of my weight and I have been going three days at a time without losing anything and then the next day I seem to loose a few 1lbs in one go lol at the moment I am on three days without losing much, but I have done a lot of exercise this weekend, as I went shopping to lakeside with my mum and we were walking around the shops from 9.30 until 4pm with an hour for lunch, then today I spend 3 hours doing some gardening. So hopefully on Monday or Tuesday I will see another few 1lbs gone, I hope so!!

Yes the lamb shanks will be low carb, the other half is having roast potatoes which I wont have, but I am having half a roasted parsnip and although a little higher in carbs it is my treat for being good this weekend ;)

Sounds as if you are doing great Donna :) How are you feeling today??

dinahsmum
05-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Talking of caulie...........do you all know that if you put a bit of bread (an old crust or something) in the water whilst you cook it, you won't get that awful 'school dinner cabbage' smell?
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_111.gif

Donna
05-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Sounds as if you are doing great Donna :) How are you feeling today??

Am ok again today Emma. Had cooked brekkie and not eaten since (except I just had a small amount of cheese and a bit of cucumber whilst sorting out what I am going to have for dinner. Got a headache, but I get headaches anyway so not putting it down to my carb detox!!

Kazz
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Just had a lovely dinner, and will be having the trifle shortly.:-D

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Well the lamb was totally and utterly delicious :) I cooked it for three hours and it was sooo tender and it just melted off the bone :)

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Think of us low carbers Kazz when you are munching on your trifle ;)

Actually I could do a low carb trifle ;)

dinahsmum
05-02-2006, 06:44 PM
That's us all plumtious and happy then!

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Well as Kazz is having trifle I thought I would russle up something ;)

Just made myself some fresh custard (egg yolks, cream, vanilla extract, splash of milk and a bit of splenda) it is now cooling off in the fridge ;) I will have it later with some squirty cream on top!!! lol

Donna
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Well as Kazz is having trifle I thought I would russle up something ;)

Just made myself some fresh custard (egg yolks, cream, vanilla extract, splash of milk and a bit of splenda) it is now cooling off in the fridge ;) I will have it later with some squirty cream on top!!! lol

Well done Emma - those non dieting people cant have all the yummy puddings!!

Great recipe too (will remember that for later)!!

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:10 PM
There are loads of low carb recipes for puddings ;) The custard one is really easiy ;) and I love custard!!!

I was browsing through my good food magazine yesterday and I saw a recipe for Irish Apple tart and per serving it had 148g of carbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is a lot!!!!!!!!!

Mags
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Emma and Donna...I hope you two are taking before and after photos!:-D

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM

Oh yes Mags, me and Donna have got those, haven't we Donna *Donna has already seen my before photos :oops:

Booktigger
05-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Hmm, don't think I could manage a low carb diet - I am a vegi!! I am going to try and make more home made meals rather than buy things to bung in the oven though - made vegatable lasagne (with veg rather than Quorn) last night, and I wanted garlic bread with it, but my friend wanted salad. However, we did have rhubarb crumble and cream for dessert. Tonight is steamed smoked haddock, new pots and veg. I do tend to eat a lot of pasta though, it is so quick, easy and versatile. Is couscous a good alternative?

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I think couscous is excellent (perhaps not suitable for the start of a low carb plan) I have used couscous instead of rice and added loads of nice things to it, pine nuts, sultanas, chopped dried apricots (one of my fav), fresh herbs especially coriander, fresh lemon :)

I found that when I have couscous I certainly didn't put on any weight.

I think if people in Britain spent more time preparing a good healthy meal we would see a fall in the obesity rates, I certainly blame the "TV dinner" type food on a lot of people's weight problems, as well as a bad combination of fat, carbs, sugar and salt, they are full of horrible additives. Also take away food seems to be getting cheaper and cheaper

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Or should I say you seem to get more for your money with take away food! buy one get one half price, free deserts etc

Booktigger
05-02-2006, 07:38 PM
hmm, will try eating more of that then. My main prob is that with fostering, I try and time tea for watching the soaps, so I am not 'wasting' time - does mean I rarely start cooking before 7pm though, and if I am making something time consuming, it can be 8 before I sit down to eat. So i don't always have the time or inclination to start cooking from scratch, but it is one of the (many) things I would like to change this year

EmmaG
05-02-2006, 07:41 PM
The wonderful thing about couscous is that you can cook it well in advance and keep it in the fridge.

I know what you mean about eating late, when my other half first worked in London he wouldn't get home until 8pm and we would normally eat at 9pm (I don't think that is very good for you!!)

I do try and eat my food fairly early and he now gets home about 7pm so I try and have our dinner ready for then.

Donna
05-02-2006, 08:37 PM

Yes Mags, me and Emma have "before" photos!!! :oops:

Donna
05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I get in no later than four and the kids are normally hungry from school, so I start dinner straight away. We have dinner about 5pm, which is good for me cos once its done I can sit down and relax for the eve!!!

This low carb diet does seem to be making it easy to choose good foods. Meat, salads, veg's - and the benefits are that I can still have the "indulgence" foods that no other diet allows - like cream and cheese. Also I havent felt hungry at all. In fact I feel better all round!!

dandysmom
05-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Tonight i'm making shrimp creole, rice, and the everpresent ciabatta roll (love those things:-D )

Mags
05-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Mmmm that sounds tasty.......:-P

dandysmom
06-02-2006, 03:26 AM
It is indeed tasty, Mags:D Fairly quick to prepare once you've diced the vegetables..I use coarsely chopped tomatoes in addition to the celery, green pepper& onion..my recipe also calls for a strip of bacon done crisply and drained...use a little bit of that bacon grease in addition to peanut oil for sauteeing(spelling?) :roll: then, of course the cooked shrimp, & add the crumbled bacon...found this recipe years ago & fix it often. Incidentally, I always use long grain brown rice; much prefer it to white rice; not only think it is yummier, but also healthier...do any of you on this thread like brown rice also?

Booktigger
06-02-2006, 09:49 AM
I never knew that about cous cous, that makes things easier for me!!
I like brown rice too, although I don't have any in at the moment!! I am on stuffed pasta, veg and some sauce (not too sure which yet) tonight.

EmmaG
06-02-2006, 02:06 PM
BT yes couscous is sooo easy...best if you are not going to eat it straight away to add a little bit of either butter or olive oil, otherwise it can stick together quite well when it cools.

Well I have had fish for lunch and I have no idea what I am having for dinner tonight as me and the people here from work are going out for dinner then on for a spot of bowling :) I will have a healthy meal now though ;)

dinahsmum
06-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Have you tried Bulgar wheat? Not quite sure how it works ( :roll: ) but I think it's part-cooked wheat grains, chopped a bit and dried. Comes in dry packs just like rice and cous cous. To serve you just pour on boiling water and leave for maybe 10 minutes. That's it, so it's similar to cous cous in that respect. Has a bit more taste and texture than cous cous.

You can let it cool and use as the basis for tabboulleh (?sp) - a middle eastern salad with lots of chopped cucumber and mint, some tomato, lemon juice etc.

Donna
06-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Just had a chicken and onion omlette!! Low carbing!!!! Very filling, if not unusual!!!:)

Mags
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
You're doing well Donna, do you know if you have lost any weight yet?

Kazz
06-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Chicken and savory rice,:D

Donna
06-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Well, I have only been doing this for just under a week. And not properly as I have been using up my low fat mayo and low fat cheese etc. Also had a few drinks (bad I know), but did weigh myself this morning.....

and found I have lost 2lbs. Not much. But a bigger jump in less than a week than a whole week on WW.

Since January starting on WW and then switching to Low carb I have lost a total of 5lbs.

Fran
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Well done Donna!! Keep up the good work. Makes it all seem worth while when you see results doesn't it?

dinahsmum
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Well done Donna - steady progress is much better than drastic loss.

Unsuprisingly, being on my own tonight, I had left over (but still v nice) beef and leftover caulie cheese with a new jacket potato!

Donna
06-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Well done Donna!! Keep up the good work. Makes it all seem worth while when you see results doesn't it?

The scales are improving, but I cant see any difference myself yet Fran, but suppose it will take a while.

Mags
06-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Well done Donna!! Your size will be changing slowly but you can see the weight coming off.....give it a few weeks and you will start to see the difference around waist and hips!:-P

dandysmom
06-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Monday is my night to eat naughty:-D Fattening, salty greasy stuff: am having a bacon & sliced mozzarella sandwich on a sesame seed roll, potato chips, broiled portobello cap drizzled with herb-flavored olive oil and (the healthy thing!) baby limas. :-D I've tried bulgur & it is quite tasty; never tried couscous ...you make it sound appetising, may get some.

EmmaG
06-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Wooohooooo Donna!!!! that is an excellent result!!! I am soooo glad it has started to work :)

I had lemon & cracked pepper grilled chicken with veggies and one new potato lol (I only had one as I am low carbing and they were terrible (overcooked and then cooked some more, oh and then cooked a little bit longer ;)) no dessert from me at the restaurant and I only had diet coke, 2 hours of bowling so I have done a little bit of exercise, so a good result I hope. Just off to make myself a creamy coffee!!! lol

Donna
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM
You did well if you were eating out Emma. Thats the bit I dread, but dont go out too often so should be ok!! Am finding dinners a bit boring to be honest, but small price to pay for being so fussy!!!! Did you win your bowling game???

EmmaG
06-02-2006, 11:51 PM
I came second in both games ;) (out of six of us ladies playing)

I must admit Donna dinners can be a bit plain, but you can get more creative the closer to get to your goal weight. Don't be frightened to experiement with your dinners.

Donna
06-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Breakfast is my best meal cos I love cooked breakfast. Lunch is ok cos I have tuna or cheese salad. But dinner...... its chicken chicken chicken and veg with nothing on. Oh well, keep going keep going!!

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 12:12 AM
How about another meat Donna for your dinner??? you could have some nice fish?? (wild salmon, trout, cod etc)

Cauliflower cheese is always nice :)

I am doing myself a curry tomorrow night (minus the rice) if you want a substitute rice you can grate raw cauliflower and fry it with some garlic :)

Also if you fancy a "mash" you can cook swede, cauliflower, a little bit of carrot until very soft, and mash with garlic and cream, or cream and cheese, you could have this with a good sausauge and the juices from the sausage pan ;)

Donna
07-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Not into fish really Emma. Like tuna and like cod but thats about it. Scared to try anything else!!! Do like other meats like beef and lamb so will get some more of that in I think!

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 02:46 PM
How about prawns?? I have an excellent receipe for Prawns coated in coconut :)

Donna
07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
How about prawns?? I have an excellent receipe for Prawns coated in coconut :)

Dont laugh - but I am SCARED of prawns!!:shock: :shock:

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Scared????????????? they don't bite Donna ;)

Donna
07-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Scared????????????? they don't bite Donna ;)

Dont ask me why Emma!!!

Know they dont bite - but just cant look at them, or touch them, let alone eat one :shock: All pink and shiney and maggot looking. OH I feel sick just thinking about them!!:oops: :oops:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:RnataGB7qIog7M:www.seafoodsa.com/prawnfmc/pics/prawn.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seafoodsa.com/prawnfmc/pics/prawn.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.seafoodsa.com/prawnfmc/index.asp&h=203&w=300&sz=7&tbnid=RnataGB7qIog7M:&tbnh=75&tbnw=111&hl=en&start=12&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dprawn%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D% 26sa%3DG)

see what I mean - how could you eat that????

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 04:04 PM
lol I do rather like prawns :) I would imagine maggots to be very gooey whereas prawns are a bit firmer :-D

Seriously though, I think you really need to eat a bit more variety other than a lot of chicken if you want to low carb for a few months, otherwise I fear it will become very tedious for you.

Donna
07-02-2006, 06:11 PM
I know Emma. Will look through the recipe book and chose something to cook. Something different.

Elaine
07-02-2006, 06:55 PM
What a disaster!!!
Thought I'd be good g/f and cook us a nice dinner. Made a lovely creamy, mushroom and peppercorn sauce. Took steaks out of the fridge and they were off!!!! Had cheese on toast instead:roll:

Mags
07-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Oooops!:oops: I bet the cheese on toast was nice though!;) :-P

Elaine
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah was ok but not the same when you have your heart set on a juicy steak. I dont eat red meat often but really fancied it. Oh well, its not like I am going to starve or anything:roll:

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Oh that is a shame Elaine :(

Well I have just cooked a coconut custard for my breakfast tomorrow :)

We are having chicken curry tonight (me no rice but a small piece of Keema Naan)

Donna
07-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I have just had a tuna salad. Emma my daughter prepared it all for me and bought it in for me to eat whilst watching Sean (who is unwell). She can be good sometimes!

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Well done Donna :) Good to hear Emma helping out ;)

Donna
07-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Well done Donna :) Good to hear Emma helping out ;)

She can be really helpful at times, but then others :roll:

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Well Emma's can be difficult at times ;)

Donna
07-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Surely not!!! You have been nothing more than helpful!!

Talking of which, I am looking at the Atkins website - it says you can have corned beef?????

EmmaG
07-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes I believe that corned beef is ok.

Well I can be difficult at times, luckily not most of the time ;)