PDA

View Full Version : Dieting/Low Carbs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Donna
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM
To stop us dieters overtaking your "dinner" thread I have created this thread for anyone who is dieting and wants some advice or indeed some support :-D

Here we can chat about general weight loss, exercise, recipes for low carbs or indeed letting each other know our weigh in result each week :roll:

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Good idea Donna ;)

Donna
10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Glad you found the thread Emma!!! Will stop annoying all the girls on the dinner thread now, and it can be a useful link for anyone dieting at the moment to get ideas and support.

Had cooked brekkie this morning, so another low carb good day for me.

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Well it certainly sounds as if you are taking to low carbing well, don't you think it is quite strange the type of food you are eating and losing weight??

Well I had my coconut custard this morning :) I think they are a bit addictive ;) then I am having salmon lunchtime with some salad, and for dinner tonight I might have fish and chips - minus the chips for me and I won't eat the batter :)

Donna
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
The food I can eat is strange to say the least - all fatty but losing weight!

Had fried bacon and tomato with egg/cream/cheese tipped over and heated to make a very nice omlette for dinner. Very filling.

Been getting a few pangs of wanting bad food today, but think thats cos I didnt have any real lunch.

Enjoy your fish and chips minus the chips and batter!!!

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Well I am going to have a fry up tomorrow morning, a bit of bacon, sausages and egg!!!! hmmmmm looking forward to it!!!

That omlette sounds delicious!!!

Well over the last four days my weight has more or less stayed the same, been on the bike today (only for 1/2 hour) but I am hoping that in the next couple of days it will start going down a bit!!!

Fran
10-02-2006, 08:16 PM
The food I can eat is strange to say the least - all fatty but losing weight!

Had fried bacon and tomato with egg/cream/cheese tipped over and heated to make a very nice omlette for dinner. Very filling

Must say this diet doesn't sound very good for the heart and arteries :?

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 08:32 PM
A low carb way of eating, if followed correctly will actually improve HDL and reduce LDL. If you take what Donna was eating before she started low carbing, as she says a lot of convenience food, which no doubt was full of hydrogenated fats.

I bet now she is eating more veg/salad.

There have been a lot of studies into the effect of low carb eating including saturated fats one study which was done by Framingham Massachusetts, over a number of decades have found that the people with the highest intake of saturated fats had the fewest ischemic stokes (the most common kinds)

Strange also that there has been a big report out now that says a low fat diet does nothing to prevent heart disease and cancer.

I would hope that once Donna, and myself included reach the weight we are happy with we can both introduce more fruit and fiber into our way of eating making it even healthier.

Donna
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
I accept your concerns Fran, but as Emma said, I never "cooked" a meal before. It was all rubbish. Now I eat fresh meat and veg, and salads and fish every day. Today was the first fried food I have had since I started this diet as I use my George Foreman to cook all meats on.

I have not had one take away since the diet, which is a major breakthrough, and I have a lot more energy since cutting the carbs. Used to be asleep on the sofa at 4pm every day after the kids came in from school. Also cut alcohol and feel better.

janey83
10-02-2006, 08:37 PM
K for the past 6 months or a bit more, i have been going to weight watchers, but stopped going last week coz at the moment I'm just not eating what i should. I'm all right in summer just to eat salads coz that's all you ever feel like. but now its winter i wanna eat loads of yummy stuff.
plus I'm really fussy about food.

So now I'm of to the pub to have something to eat lol. I know i shouldn't but I'm going with my mate i ain't seen for ages.

Donna
10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
HDL and reduce LDL.

whats that????????

Donna
10-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Summer is easy with the salads - and when you are ready then the diet will work for you.

Fran
10-02-2006, 08:40 PM
There have been a lot of studies into the effect of low carb eating including saturated fats one study which was done by Framingham Massachusetts, over a number of decades have found that the people with the highest intake of saturated fats had the fewest ischemic stokes (the most common kinds)

:? :? :? I would be interested to see this study and would have to question the viability of the results.... This goes against everything I was taught in nursing and I am not sure I could be converted to think otherwise. Saturated fats in my book are a no no :?

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Fran, I will see if I can find an online link to the survey.

Donna HDL is cholesterol (the good kind) LDL is cholesterol (the bad kind)

You will find MASSES of results on the lowcarb friends forum where people have had these taken before they started low carbing and taken after, a lot of people have been a big increase in their HDL

See one example that I can find

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=247252&highlight=HDL

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Fran also I think either one of us could find quite convincing reports to say that saturated fats are good/bad. It just depends upon who/what you believe.

I do however believe that a total natural product such a saturated fat does no harm to the body if eaten in moderation. I think some foreign countries prove that, when they eat animal fats and have a lower heart disease rate than other countries who eat processed food.

Fran
10-02-2006, 09:19 PM
:? :? :? I am not disputing that processed foods are not good for us. But I am struggling to convince myself that saturated fats are beneficial :?

I constantly drill into my children that they must eat complex carbohydrates for energy and sustinance. They are slow release energy unlike fat which is a 'quick fix' as it were..

Live and let live, however, I do respect your decision to choose a low carb diet..

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Fran,

You might find this interesting reading

http://www.mercola.com/2002/aug/17/saturated_fat1.htm#

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 09:43 PM
I find this very interesting..................

A final example, let us consider the French. Anyone who has eaten his way across France has observed that the French diet is just loaded with saturated fats in the form of butter, eggs, cheese, cream, liver, meats and rich patés. Yet the French have a lower rate of coronary heart disease than many other western countries.

In the United States, 315 of every 100,000 middle-aged men die of heart attacks each year; in France the rate is 145 per 100,000. In the Gascony region, where goose and duck liver form a staple of the diet, this rate is a remarkably low 80 per 100,000 This phenomenon has recently gained international attention as the French Paradox.

Hmmm interesting...

Fran
10-02-2006, 09:59 PM
'tis all very interesting Emma...I have to agree. But I am still not convinced.

Trouble with these type of studies - there are so many other predisposing factors to heart disease that it makes it virtually impossible to compare one person with another for purposes of a study. For example. How many of each group had a parent, grandparent or sibling die of heart disease at an age younger than 60? How many were smokers and what about salt intake or blood pressure issues? There are too many variables in my opinion for this to be a black/white study :?

EmmaG
10-02-2006, 10:07 PM
'tis all very interesting Emma...I have to agree. But I am still not convinced.

Trouble with these type of studies - there are so many other predisposing factors to heart disease that it makes it virtually impossible to compare one person with another for purposes of a study. For example. How many of each group had a parent, grandparent or sibling die of heart disease at an age younger than 60? How many were smokers and what about salt content or blood pressure issues? There are too many variables in my opinion for this to be a black/white study :?

Yes I totally agree, I think we all have to follow what feels right for us. I must add although I don't believe saturated fat is as bad as the press leads us to believe, I do try and be as healthy when low carbing as possible, perhaps once a week a fry up, egg is usually cooked in olive oil, and sausages I just love in the oven ;) A block of lard will last me over 4 months and I buy a block of butter about every two months. The only saturated fat I do tend to consume is cream.

Also when I fry I nearly always use olive oil. I now have fish once a day and protein (normally chicken) with veg in the evening.

dandysmom
11-02-2006, 03:38 AM
Glad you found the thread Emma!!! Will stop annoying all the girls on the dinner thread now, and it can be a useful link for anyone dieting at the moment to get ideas and support.

Had cooked brekkie this morning, so another low carb good day for me.
Hey, if I offended anyone on my post last night about splitting the thread I certainly didn't mean to!! It just seemed logical since the thread already was really on two different subjects...no way was I annoyed: as you can see, I'm on this one also although I don't do low carbs...interested how you all are doing with your weight loss...think you're doing great!! Again, apologies if I was misunderstood:cry:

Donna
11-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Hey, if I offended anyone on my post last night about splitting the thread I certainly didn't mean to!! It just seemed logical since the thread already was really on two different subjects...no way was I annoyed: as you can see, I'm on this one also although I don't do low carbs...interested how you all are doing with your weight loss...think you're doing great!! Again, apologies if I was misunderstood:cry:

No worries DM!!!! Was thinking all along I should not of taken over the dinner thread... seems logical to have a dieting thread!!! And I got to start a new thread all of my own :lol: he he

Donna
11-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Just for the record Fran, if I eat eggs they are usually scrambled with no butter. Bacon, sausages, tomatos are grilled. I dont normally fry anything. Think this diet is healthier than my old eating habits and am careful how much oils and fats I eat.

EmmaG
11-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Well this morning I am down to 9 stone 8lbs which is really good, just need to get rid of this extra 8lbs!!! But I have had a big dinner tonight so I hope tomorrow I haven't put on too much :) So this week I am down by 2 lbs :)

Next Friday me and the OH are off for a meal out so I hope I can keep on track, also on Saturday we are going around my sister in laws for a dinner, might have to decline the dessert :)

Donna
11-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Well done Emma on your weight loss. How many pounds in total is it now?

Had a good day again. Just had cod and veg/cheese sauce for dinner. Feel very full now and not eaten too much!!

Just a quick thought, you said it was ok to eat peanuts, had a packet around lunch today and the carbs seemed kinda high??

EmmaG
11-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Donna I think it is about 9lbs since January 15th, however I think as I am quite close to my goal weight it is just taking so long to come off (or it feels like it!!!) I seem to stay the same weight for 3-4 days and then I drop a 1lb. Perhaps I shouldn't get on the scales twice a day!!!! lol but I really wanted to monitor how the exercise was effecting my weight loss.

Donna I am sure plain peanuts are quite low in carbs. How many did the bag say per 100g and how big was the bag?? I am sure from eating what I think was a 25g bag they had about 5g carbs in them.

Donna
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
It was a 50g bag of salted peanuts (thats all I could get at work) and it says:

6.8 per bag i think (such tiny writing I can hardly see it!)

EmmaG
11-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Donna they sound quite low :) I just checked fitday and it says that 1oz (which is 25g) should be about 5.37g, so your bag of peanuts are fine. I would however go a bit easy on these due to the salt content, unsalted nuts would be better.

I think what you will slowly work out is that if any foods make you "stall" i.e. stop losing weight, we all have certain foods that can do this, you just have to find out which ones they are. Some people find that cheese does this, however I have no problems eating cheese.

EmmaG
11-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I hope on Monday you will see another good week in terms of weight loss :) are the clothes getting any looser ??

Donna
11-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Oh I hope cheese is ok with me - my favourite food!!! Wont have these often. Just caught short at work. Had no lunch and only get doorstep sandwiches around there, so went to local corner shop. All crisps and biscuits there, and the only thing I could find was some salted peanuts. Wont have them often, but was just an emergency buy!!!

EmmaG
11-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Donna they will be fine a couple of times a week, I just wouldn't eat them everyday. If you can find unsalted peanuts they would be fine everyday.

Donna as you lost some weight last week (and hopefully some more this week) I wouldn't worry too much about your consumption of cheese as most people is has no effect on.

Donna
12-02-2006, 07:24 PM
The Low carb 15 minute recipe book arrived that I ordered so will be looking through that and doing lots more home cooking!!!

EmmaG
12-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Donna that was quick!!!!!

I am off line for the majority of tomorrow until the evening, but I would love to know if you have lost some more weight.....keep up posted.

Also any good recipes in that book, let us know ;)

Donna
12-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Donna that was quick!!!!!

I am off line for the majority of tomorrow until the evening, but I would love to know if you have lost some more weight.....keep up posted.

Also any good recipes in that book, let us know ;)

Yes it was quick!! Arrived Saturday morning. Good service there!! :-D

Had a quick look through, but as I have never been a cook, I need to go through the book and write a list of the main "cupboard ingredients" that I need that are used in lots of day to day recipes. Until then I cannot really cook anything!!! There are lots of spices and things like worcester sauce that I have never bought before that I need to get. Bit short this week so will probably get a big supply at the end of the month on payday:-D

EmmaG
12-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a good plan Donna :)

Donna
13-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Started making a list of all those herbs and spices and things that most people have in their cupboards but I do not!!! Will get them at the end of the month. There are loads!!! Anyway, still doing well on the diet. Not feeling hungry and still loads of energy.

Anyway didnt lose any more weight this week so still stuck on 6lb loss to date. Bit disappointed but know it stops and starts!!

Mags
13-02-2006, 07:13 PM
6 lbs is very good Donna, that's almost half a stone!:shock: It's better to lose it slowly.....have patience!!:-D

Donna
13-02-2006, 07:42 PM
6 lbs is very good Donna, that's almost half a stone!:shock: It's better to lose it slowly.....have patience!!:-D

Managing really easily with the low carb diet, but think I should cut the portions down a little bit now that I am used to this way of eating. Feel I need to have as much food on my plate as before, but what I am eating is very filling so could probably half it. Not finishing my dinners so will start to cook a bit less.

Had quarter pounder and cheese tonight - DONT WORRY GIRLS - without the burger buns!! Got some "real" minced meat burgers freshly made from the butchers (saw the lady make them)!! and had a slice of cheese on top and then topped it with pan fried onions. Delicious!!! And didnt miss the bun:-D

Is processed cheese slices ok???:?

EmmaG
13-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Hi Donna,

Yes processed cheese is ok. Good to hear that you didn't gain any weight ;) I did after having that pain au raisin yesterday!!!! arrrggghhhh won't do that again in a hurry!!! lol don't cut your portion sizes down too much, as you shouldn't be left hungry on a low carb diet, although you haven't lost any weight do your clothes fit better than a week ago?? sometimes it doesn't always reflect itself in the scales but it does in your clothing.

Well I was very good on my course we had a buffet lunch so I had salad, quiche but didn't eat the rather tough thick pasty :? fresh salmon and some coleslaw :-D no dessert for me either, and a glass of water :-D

I am cooking a nice chicken korma tonight and I am having a 1/3rd of a keema naan :D

Donna
13-02-2006, 08:08 PM
You did well to eat good when you were out Emma. An no more pain au raisin for you!!!

EmmaG
13-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Yes back to being good for me this week, although on Friday me and the OH are out for a nice meal in the evening but I will try and eat as well as I can and I can hopefully have cheese for dessert which I love!!! lol

Donna
13-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Meal sounds great Emma. I do miss going out for a nice meal (but dont miss the ex).

I am gonna try extra hard with week to make a bigger difference to the weight loss!

dandysmom
14-02-2006, 03:36 AM
Yes back to being good for me this week, although on Friday me and the OH are out for a nice meal in the evening but I will try and eat as well as I can and I can hopefully have cheese for dessert which I love!!! lol
I can live without chocolate, but would hate to live without cheese...:-D

Donna
14-02-2006, 05:50 PM
What is it with cheese?????????

My kids have been eating doughnuts today and they had a box of chocs off me for valentines day. I have not been in the least tempted.... but cheese... well thats another story!!!!!

When I was a child my parents went to the supermarket. When we got home we all piled out the car and started to take the shopping in... except me, who was sitting in the back seat of the car - locked the doors - and started to eat the block of cheese, biting through the plastic wrap!!!!

Things havent changed much over the years!!!

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 07:00 PM
lol I must admit to adoring cheese, I far prefer it over chocolate :)

Well tomorrow I am hoping for good results on the scales as I feel thinner today, my trousers are looser on my and my ring keeps spinning around my finger!!! If those scales don't budge tomorrow I will be convinced there is something wrong with them!!! lol

Today I had, coconut custard for breakfast, lunch was haddock with leeks and broccoli, and dinner will be a small piece of sirloin steak with veggies, I might even roast some butternut squash :)

Donna
14-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Wishing you luck for tomorrow Emma. I not gonna weigh myself for a whole week. Not gonna go near the scales till next Monday. Trying very hard today.

Just had some plain mixed nuts for breakfast, soft boiled eggs for lunch and for dinner just had some cheese cubes with tomato. Not really hungry today.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 07:18 PM
eat woman eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Donna
14-02-2006, 07:22 PM
If I were hungry dont worry I would - thats why I am overweight!!!! Just dont feel hungry today. Will probably make up for it tomorrow!!

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Fair enough ;) I think you need to be careful on a low carb way of eating to keep your metabolism going at a good speed, but saying that some times, especially when I first low carbed I didn't eat a great deal as I didn't feel hungry, you will soon get into a routine.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Donna and CJ (also anybody else lowcarbing or trying to be good) I am not sure if Asda still sells these but I have got in front of me a bag of Asda's own Sugar Free blackcurrent drops, they are made from Splenda and each sweet only has 0.1g carb. Whilst I wouldn't have these very often (they have been sitting in my kitchen cupboard for nearly a year!!! date is ok still on them ;) ) they would be perfect if you wanted a few sweets for say the cinema, or even to eat at work.

These will be going to work with me tomorrow :)

Donna
14-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Oooh can we eat sweets? Any sweet that is sugar free????

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 09:40 PM
lol @ Donna,

In moderation sweets made with splenda would be ok, as it is no different carb wise than having a couple of splenda tablets in your coffee, (although the sweets obviously have a lot of preservatives, colouring etc etc etc)

Be careful with sweets made with Sugar alcohols and these can have a laxative effect if you consume too many and might also give you stomach ache, these would be sugar free polo mints, sugar free chewing gum.

I will have a look at Asda's website and see if they have still got them (although I did buy them in the shop many moons ago).

Thorntons do diabetic sweets and chocolates and you could have these in moderation (they contain sugar alcohols)

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Donna it seems that Asda still do these

http://graphics.asda.com/PRODUCT/93/07/P-1510793-f.gif

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 09:46 PM
as well as a lot of other sugar free stuff

http://graphics.asda.com/PRODUCT/87/29/P-1392987-f.gif

http://graphics.asda.com/PRODUCT/21/53/P-975321-f.gif
If you fancy a change from a cooked breakfast you could always have sugar free jelly :)

http://graphics.asda.com/PRODUCT/61/05/P-20561-f.gif

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 09:47 PM
There is even more stuff if you pop to Asda online and try searching "sugar free"

Donna
14-02-2006, 09:52 PM
more things to add to my "can have" list!!!

Hooray!!!

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Donna I would stress that these should be eaten in moderation ;) especially the ones not made from Splenda.

Donna
14-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Donna I would stress that these should be eaten in moderation ;) especially the ones not made from Splenda.

Oh ......... ok:roll:

To be honest I am not really a sweet eater Emma, but its just nice to know I CAN have one if i want!!:-D

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:07 PM
I know what you mean ;) I usually have a packet of sweets in the cupboard, although these ones I haven't eaten, as I find myself wanting them less and less.

If you want an online shop this one is one of the best I think in the UK (I have ordered from there quite a bit, although not recently)

http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com

They state if the product contains splenda, also ratings as well.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Their jams are very nice :)

Some of it taste horrible though, not too keen on the hot breakfast cereals

Donna
14-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Thanks Emma. Added it to favs to have a good look at when i not so tired. What is this Guar something or other that keeps appearing in the menus in my new recipe book??

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:10 PM
The cola diet rite drink is perfect if you want to do that cola chicken recipe, as normal diet coke contains Aspartame which isn't heat stable, and although it has no effect on the taste can SOMETIMES go a bit white.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks Emma. Added it to favs to have a good look at when i not so tired. What is this Guar something or other that keeps appearing in the menus in my new recipe book??

Oh yes Guar Gum, it is a thickener I believe. Here is what I have found on a website about it

Guar gum is widely used as a thickening agent, stabilizer and texturant in many food products.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I think you can get Guar Gum in most supermarkets, Holland & Barrett might also stock it.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:14 PM
And even Ebay it seems ;)

Donna
14-02-2006, 10:15 PM
I think you can get Guar Gum in most supermarkets, Holland & Barrett might also stock it.

Do you ever use it?? What do you use to thicken stuff?

I thick enough so probably wont need it!!!:shock:

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Nope never used it, I couldn't get on with the other thickener either Xanthium gum (something like that)

If I have to thicken things, I either use very finely sliced onions fried until they are almost black (excellent for currys and stews) or cream, vegetables or if I have to I will use a tiny amount of cornflour.

Donna
14-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Yes cream is very versatile isnt it!!!

Never liked cream before but cant manage without it now!!!

Although keep trying to make coffee with cream and the cream just separates and goes bad.

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Donna I find that only happens when the cream is a few days old, perhaps not having your coffee so hot might help?? Try a tiny bit of milk in it first. I always use double cream, is that what you are using?

Donna
14-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Donna I find that only happens when the cream is a few days old, perhaps not having your coffee so hot might help?? Try a tiny bit of milk in it first. I always use double cream, is that what you are using?

Yes its double cream. Will try it when I open my next tub of cream so it is very fresh and try it with a spot of milk to cool the water too. Thanks Emma.:-D

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Anytime Donna :)

I think I have got a couple of email low carb magazines I will email them to you.

Donna
14-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Anytime Donna :)

I think I have got a couple of email low carb magazines I will email them to you.

Thanks Emma!!!:lol:

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 11:14 PM
:) you have mail :)

Donna
14-02-2006, 11:17 PM
:) you have mail :)

that was super fast!!!

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 11:20 PM
:) they were easy to find and email to you, I hope you find them interesting, there is a link at the bottom of each one which should take you to the full magazine.

If anybody else would like them please let me know and I will also email them to you.

Donna
14-02-2006, 11:21 PM
Just had a quick look at a couple - lots to read and recipes too!!! Thanks Emma. This will be interesting reading!

EmmaG
14-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Yes they are very good magazine, shame the UK version is so hard to find!!!

Donna
15-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Why am I not hungry??:?

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 07:14 PM
I think this is low carbing at it's best Donna, you body is just adjusting to not having processed food, over time you will find that you naturally don't feel so hungry. HOWEVER to keep your metabolism ticking along, I would eat something even if it is only a small meal.

I was the same when I first started low carbing, a few days I hardly ate a thing but your appetite will slowly come back, but you still need to eat.

Have you finished all of your low fat stuff?? if you have I wonder if you are having even less carbs than in the last couple of weeks?

Are your clothes fitting better?

Donna
15-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Dont feel any slimmer yet Emma. Know I am as the scales said I am but that was Monday. Not weighing again till next Monday.

I have finished the low fat stuff in the fridge (not touched all the low fat ready meals in the freezer tho).

Today I have had scrambled eggs and bacon (but wasnt really hungry), lunch was tuna mayo and spring onions, and I have hand a handful of plain nuts this afternoon, but no way can I face eating anything again today so what happens to dinner?????

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Well if you really can't face a full meal, then listen to your body.

But I would make sure tomorrow you have enough food.

There is a theory with low carbing that once your body goes into fat burninig mode that you will feel less hungry as your body is using up fat reserves to fuel itself. Perhaps this is what is happening to you? Do you feel ok?

Donna
15-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Feel perfectly fine Emma. Still lots of energy. House has never looked so clean!! Even hoovered the car the other day. Must be using calories running up and down stairs, carrying the hoover up and down, tidying my messy daughters room etc etc.

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh yes you are definately in the fat burning mode!!! I was exactly the same, I think I even got up a 6am on a Sunday, did loads of gardening, cleaning etc!! lol

As long as you feel ok, just go with the flow :)

Donna
15-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Even do a walk up the High Street at work at lunchtime to take the post to the post office!! Unheard of before - usually sloped off home without doing it, so someone else has to do it!!!

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Sounds like the start of a new Donna to me ;)

Donna
15-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Watch this space!!!!

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 11:01 PM
Woohooo weighed myself tonight and I am now 9 stone 8 lbs (what I was this morning) obviously the exercise helped a bit. Now I had better be below 9 stone 8lbs tomorrow or I am going to throw some toys out of my pram :roll: :roll: :-D

If I am that will be the lowest I have weighed in about 8 years!!!!!!

EVERYBODY please keep their fingers crossed!!!! until the morning :-D

Mags
15-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Well done Emma...keep it up girl!
You will definately be a 'new you' what with the diet, exercise and new make up!!:-D

Fran
15-02-2006, 11:22 PM
Well done Emma!!!!!!!!! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Fingers crossed here for even more weight loss :D

EmmaG
15-02-2006, 11:51 PM
awww thanks a lot ;)

EmmaG
16-02-2006, 09:06 AM
woohooo 9 stone 7.5 lbs :-D

Mags
16-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Brilliant Emma.....bet you feel good today!:-P

EmmaG
16-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes Mags I feel fantastic, it will be interesting now to see how slowly the rest of the weight comes off!!! lol

Donna
16-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Well done Emma!!! You are doing really well, and on top of that you have helped me!!!

Weighed myself this morning (naughty I know cos I was doing it on Mondays) and I am now 10'3. Was 10'5 on Monday!!

My work trousers keep falling down!!!!

EmmaG
16-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Christ Donna it won't be long until you are in the 9's :) Well done. It is nice to have somebody to do this with ;) and I am so glad it is working for you.

It is interesting now I am plotting my weightloss as some days I do not lose anything for a couple of days and then the next one I lose a little bit.

Good to hear about your trousers :) You will have to buy yourself a new wardrobe of clothing soon :)

Donna
16-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Good to hear about your trousers :) You will have to buy yourself a new wardrobe of clothing soon :)

sounds like a plan Emma ;)

Donna
16-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Well I have gone "healthy eating" crazy!!

Been to Asda and horror of all horrors have bought.....

salmon steaks and cod fillets from the "fresh" section!!!! Never in my life had I looked in those cabinets, and today I did.

Wont be having it tonight, as I have chicken that needs to be cooked, but who knows, one day soon... will let you know how I get on!!

Today I have eaten a bit more : sausage and tomato for brekkie, cheese salad for lunch, dinner will be chicken with something.

EmmaG
16-02-2006, 06:58 PM
lol looks like I am converting you Donna :)

Both salmon steaks and cod fillets are easy to cook, you can pan fry, grill or one of my favorite ways of cooking fish is to pop them on a biggish piece of tin foil, add your seasoning, butter, lemon, herbs, etc and then made a parcel out of the tin foil, 30 mins and an oven around 190 and you will have perfect fish.

Are you going to try a recipe out of your new book Donna ;)

Donna
16-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Are you going to try a recipe out of your new book Donna ;)

I will try the recipe book Emma, when i have spent a fortune buying all those ingredients I do not own at the moment!! All those herbs and spices and odd things I have never bought!!

Just cooked -

chicken breast fillet, bacon, onion and grated cheese on top - nicked your idea from yesterday Emma!! :p

EmmaG
16-02-2006, 07:03 PM
That chicken with bacon and cheese is just Divine, I could eat it every day ;) Let me know what you think ;)