Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
10-02-2006, 10:15 AM   #1

Dieting/Low Carbs

To stop us dieters overtaking your "dinner" thread I have created this thread for anyone who is dieting and wants some advice or indeed some support

Here we can chat about general weight loss, exercise, recipes for low carbs or indeed letting each other know our weigh in result each week

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: Dieting/Low Carbs

Good idea Donna

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #3

Glad you found the thread Emma!!! Will stop annoying all the girls on the dinner thread now, and it can be a useful link for anyone dieting at the moment to get ideas and support.

Had cooked brekkie this morning, so another low carb good day for me.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 10:29 AM   #4

Well it certainly sounds as if you are taking to low carbing well, don't you think it is quite strange the type of food you are eating and losing weight??

Well I had my coconut custard this morning I think they are a bit addictive then I am having salmon lunchtime with some salad, and for dinner tonight I might have fish and chips - minus the chips for me and I won't eat the batter

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #5

The food I can eat is strange to say the least - all fatty but losing weight!

Had fried bacon and tomato with egg/cream/cheese tipped over and heated to make a very nice omlette for dinner. Very filling.

Been getting a few pangs of wanting bad food today, but think thats cos I didnt have any real lunch.

Enjoy your fish and chips minus the chips and batter!!!

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #6

Well I am going to have a fry up tomorrow morning, a bit of bacon, sausages and egg!!!! hmmmmm looking forward to it!!!

That omlette sounds delicious!!!

Well over the last four days my weight has more or less stayed the same, been on the bike today (only for 1/2 hour) but I am hoping that in the next couple of days it will start going down a bit!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
10-02-2006, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
The food I can eat is strange to say the least - all fatty but losing weight!

Had fried bacon and tomato with egg/cream/cheese tipped over and heated to make a very nice omlette for dinner. Very filling

Must say this diet doesn't sound very good for the heart and arteries

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 08:32 PM   #8

A low carb way of eating, if followed correctly will actually improve HDL and reduce LDL. If you take what Donna was eating before she started low carbing, as she says a lot of convenience food, which no doubt was full of hydrogenated fats.

I bet now she is eating more veg/salad.

There have been a lot of studies into the effect of low carb eating including saturated fats one study which was done by Framingham Massachusetts, over a number of decades have found that the people with the highest intake of saturated fats had the fewest ischemic stokes (the most common kinds)

Strange also that there has been a big report out now that says a low fat diet does nothing to prevent heart disease and cancer.

I would hope that once Donna, and myself included reach the weight we are happy with we can both introduce more fruit and fiber into our way of eating making it even healthier.

Catsey Veteran

10-02-2006, 08:36 PM   #9

I accept your concerns Fran, but as Emma said, I never "cooked" a meal before. It was all rubbish. Now I eat fresh meat and veg, and salads and fish every day. Today was the first fried food I have had since I started this diet as I use my George Foreman to cook all meats on.

I have not had one take away since the diet, which is a major breakthrough, and I have a lot more energy since cutting the carbs. Used to be asleep on the sofa at 4pm every day after the kids came in from school. Also cut alcohol and feel better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
10-02-2006, 08:37 PM   #10

K for the past 6 months or a bit more, i have been going to weight watchers, but stopped going last week coz at the moment I'm just not eating what i should. I'm all right in summer just to eat salads coz that's all you ever feel like. but now its winter i wanna eat loads of yummy stuff.
plus I'm really fussy about food.

So now I'm of to the pub to have something to eat lol. I know i shouldn't but I'm going with my mate i ain't seen for ages.