PDA

View Full Version : Dieting/Low Carbs

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 06:53 PM
Well I do feel better today, I think it must be a bug as I was very very sick on Saturday and my tummy is very tender today although I am getting my appetite back. I had the day off work yesterday and I spent most of it asleep.

It could have been something I ate, but I don't think it was, Oh well one of those things I will never be sure about.

Donna I don't think anybody should ever beat themselves up on a diet if they have the odd mishap, just put it down to being human and continue.

Even when I low carb I sometimes have the odd thing that is perhaps not so low carb, it cannot be avoided sometimes. Don't feel bad about it ;)

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Do you make this all yourself? Would love to know the recipe and what/how do you do roasted veg? (Yes I know I sound like a complete dunce!!!:roll: )

Donna meatballs are Sainburys own brand. I am sure I can find a recipe for you though ;)

When I roast my veg I use the following

Carrot peeled and cut into large chunks
Butternut squash peeled and cut into large chunks
Parsnip peeled and cut into large chunks

You can also use onions, aubergines, courgettes etc (parsnips and carrots are quite high in carbs, but I still manage to eat them ok, and I have them in moderation)

Place all veg on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and pop into an oven 200c for about 30 mins until they have just started going black around the edges, this makes them very sweet.

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:01 PM
So do you buy meatballs in a tin or from the fresh meat or what? Happier to buy ready made, but what sauce do you use?

God I am useless at cooking food!!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Meatballs in tomato sauce

Ingredients
For the meatballs
2 tbsp olive oil
150g/5oz onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
900g/2lb freshly minced beef
2 tbsp freshly chopped herbs, such as marjoram, or 1 tbsp rosemary
1 free-range egg, beaten
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
For the tomato sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
110g/4oz onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g/5Ľoz fresh mozzarella, grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 x 400g/14oz cans tomatoes

Method
1. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy stainless steel saucepan over a gentle heat and add the onion and garlic. Cover and sweat for four minutes, until soft and a little golden. Allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix the minced beef with the cold sweated onion and garlic. Add the herbs and the beaten egg. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Fry a tiny bit to check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Divide the mixture into approximately 24 round balls. Cover the meatballs and refrigerate until required.
4. Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce. Heat the oil in a stainless steel saucepan.
5. Add the sliced onion and the crushed garlic, toss until coated, cover, and sweat on a gentle heat until soft and pale golden.
6. Slice the canned tomatoes and add, with all the juice, to the onion mixture.
7. Season the contents with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Cook the tomatoes uncovered for approximately 30 minutes or until the tomato softens (while this is cooking make the meatballs).
9. Heat a frying pan and cook the meatballs for about 10 minutes in about three tablespoons of olive oil.
10. When they are cooked, put them into an ovenproof dish with the tomato sauce and top with the grated mozzarella. Place under a preheated grill until the cheese has melted.
11. Serve with roasted veg ;)

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks Emma. Thats not too hard!! And all I need to buy is herbs and the olive oil. Never bought it in my life!!

To show you just how bad a cook I am, I dont even own kitchen scales!!! Finding it hard at the moment as Emma my daughter is doing cooking for school and we are guessing measurements - must get some!!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:08 PM
So do you buy meatballs in a tin or from the fresh meat or what? Happier to buy ready made, but what sauce do you use?

God I am useless at cooking food!!

They were in a foil try in Sainsburys, they are called "just cook - meatballs with spicy tomato sauce" Most of the sainsburys "just cook" is just fresh ingredients, and quite low carb. The carb level for 1/2 packet is 9.6 but I am only having 5 meatballs out of the 12 in the packet and only a bit of the tomato sauce as the OH will have the rest with some pasta. Most of the carbs in this dish is coming from the tomato sauce

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I got my scales from argos many moons ago they are digital ones and very good, not too expensive either.

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes I have seen a nice digital/chrome/glass one for £9.99 in there which will go nice in my kitchen when it gets done. But its just going out to buy them. Not desperately needed so keep forgetting/putting off etc.

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:21 PM
after a while Donna of cooking food from scratch you will get a feel for how much of an ingredient you need in a recipe, the only time I do use my scales now is if I am making pastry.

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:23 PM
So many things I dont have: scales, mixing bowls, ingredients, how have I managed for so long????

I moved into my house three years ago and all I had was a carrier bag of belongings!!! Now it is fully furnished and very comfortable, but I still dont own kitchen scales!!!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Well I just admit for the last couple of years I have been making do with a couple of 2 pint pudding basins for mixing bowls :)

Sounds as if you have done really well moving in Donna with so little.

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:33 PM
When I moved in I thought I had made a massive mistake. Disgusting house. No furniture. Nothing.

But its been three years now and I am very comfy in my little house!! All done (except kitchen!!) Just the odds and ends that I miss that build up over time. Ornaments, pictures, nick=nacks etc!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I think that just goes to show you what a little bit of TLC can do ;)

Donna I thought you might be interested in this pancake mixture, you could have it with lemon and granulated splenda :) I have made these loads of times and they are great.

2 egg yokes
2 egg whits
4 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese and the yolks until well blended. Gently fold in the egg whites a little at a time. There's no need to be very careful when folding in the egg whites. I just sort of stirred them in gently

Heat a little oil and butter in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Don't let the butter get too dark. Ladle the batter into the hot oil, about one large spoonfull for each. When well browned on the bottom, very carefully flip and cook the other side. They brown quite fast, so watch closely. Remove to a plate and keep warm. The pancakes are very puffy when first removed, but they flatten as they cool. Add more oil/butter to the pan for each batch, if necessary.

Makes about 8-10 small pancakes (.5 carb each plus your toppings)

These are very fragile you can improve this but adding 1 tablespoon of almond flour

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I think that just goes to show you what a little bit of TLC can do ;)

Donna I thought you might be interested in this pancake mixture, you could have it with lemon and granulated splenda :) I have made these loads of times and they are great.

2 egg yokes
2 egg whits
4 ounces cream cheese, softened

In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. In another small bowl, beat the cream cheese and the yolks until well blended. Gently fold in the egg whites a little at a time. There's no need to be very careful when folding in the egg whites. I just sort of stirred them in gently

Heat a little oil and butter in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. Don't let the butter get too dark. Ladle the batter into the hot oil, about one large spoonfull for each. When well browned on the bottom, very carefully flip and cook the other side. They brown quite fast, so watch closely. Remove to a plate and keep warm. The pancakes are very puffy when first removed, but they flatten as they cool. Add more oil/butter to the pan for each batch, if necessary.

Makes about 8-10 small pancakes (.5 carb each plus your toppings)

These are very fragile you can improve this but adding 1 tablespoon of almond flour

Oooh would make them now but no cream cheese :cry:

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Donna get yourself some cream cheese (I use philli) by the weekend and make them as a treat then ;)

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Will definately do that. Also got some vanilla essence when shopping so I could try the custard!! Not today tho cos I been a piggy!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Use the vanilla essence sparily it can be quite strong :)

The custards you can add alsorts, creamed coconut, lemon (using lemon juice), you could always add a bit of sugar free jam to the bottom of each one and then pour over the slightly cooled custard mixture then leave to set in the fridge.

Rowntrees also do sugar free jelly mixture which is quite nice. It is sold in packets which you just add boiling water to.

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Donna let me know what sorts of foods you liked eating before low carbing, and I will try and see if I can find you some lower carb recipes.

Donna
28-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Donna let me know what sorts of foods you liked eating before low carbing, and I will try and see if I can find you some lower carb recipes.

I just ate junk really Emma.

My best "home cooked" foods below:

Although I do miss my beef stew and dumplings, but assume I cannot have gravy/dumplings and not sure if I could make it low carb friendly.

Spagetti Bol I liked too and cooked that about once a week.

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Stew would be no problem making it low carb. just add beef, sweede, very finely chopped onion and 1 leek (these will thicken it), carrot, butternut squash, mushrooms, garlic, other veg that you like, just pop into the oven for a few hours and take the lid off for the last 30 mins, to let it thicken up.

Just trying to see if I can find any low carb recipes for dumplings,

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Donna you can do spag bowl but instead of using spaghetti you can use spaghetti squash, just pierce it a few times, put in microwave cook, cut in half and then scoop out the spaghetti strands and cover with the meat mixture (tin of tomatoes, garlic, oil, mince) and finish with a bit of cheese ;)

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:10 PM
spaghetti squash,

Donna the Dunce strikes again..... http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/p075.gif

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:19 PM
lol don't worry about it Donna, I had never heard of them before I started low carbing.

Spaghetti Squash with Roma Tomato Sauce BBQ Recipe

http://www.barbecue-online.co.uk/barbecue-recipes/vegetables/images/bbq_vegetables_spaghetti_squash_roma_tomato_sauce_ recipe.jpgSpaghetti squash separates into strands, like spaghetti, when it is cooked. The texture is slightly crunchy and the flavour a little bland, which is why it goes so well with this roasted tomato sauce seasoned with extra virgin olive oil, basil, and garlic. Top with a spoonful of grated Parmesan.

24 firm, ripe plum tomatoes, cored
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the tomatoes
1 spaghetti squash, about 3 pounds
4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Grated Parmesan cheese

Lightly spray or brush the cored tomatoes with oil. Grill over Direct Medium heat until blistered and blackened, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove to a platter.
Pierce the squash 6 times with the tines of a large fork. Place squash on a double thickness of aluminium foil and grill over Direct Medium heat until squash feels soft when pierced with a fork or pressed with a finger tip, 1 to 1-1/4 hours, turning 3 or 4 times.
While the squash is grilling, slip the skins from the tomatoes and cut into 1/4-inch pieces. Place tomatoes and juices in a large saucepan. Add the oil, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
When squash is cooked, wrap in a towel and let stand 10 minutes. Protecting hands with a kitchen towel cut squash in half lengthways. Spoon out and discard the large seeds in centre. Then pull hot squash from the tough outer skin with the tines of a table fork into a large serving bowl. Briefly reheat the tomato sauce in the saucepan. Pour over the spaghetti squash and toss. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 main dish servings or 6 side dish servings.

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:21 PM
http://www.barfoots.co.uk/c2/uploads/spaghetti_squash.jpg

Spaghetti Squash are pale yellow cylindrical squash. The firm pale white flesh sheds away into long strands during cooking, which resemble spaghetti strands. The flesh is slightly crispier than spaghetti and can be appreciated cold with salad or hot with seasoning and butter.

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:22 PM
You can also freeze cooked spaghetti squash

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Another new thing on me!!! Will look when in Tescos next!!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Donna you can also grow these ;)

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Donna you can also grow these ;)

One step at a time Emma, one step at a time!!!:lol:

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:39 PM
:) I might have a go at growing some, I had great results at growing other squashes in my veggie plot, tell you what if I do grow some I will post one to you ;)

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:41 PM
:) I might have a go at growing some, I had great results at growing other squashes in my veggie plot, tell you what if I do grow some I will post one to you ;)

Then it will definately be spaghetti squash!!!!

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:42 PM
lol I will bubble wrap it ;)

EmmaG
28-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Actually they have mega mega tough skins, I mean REALLY tough...very hard to cut with a knife unless you cook them first. I reckon you would break your foot if you used one as a football lol

Donna
28-02-2006, 08:43 PM
lol I will bubble wrap it ;)

he he he :-D :-D

EmmaG
01-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Donna have you tried a goats cheese salad?? You can buy the rounds of goats cheese and pop them under the grill until brown on top then place on top of a salad :) yumm!!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I bought some really nice smoked ham today (farm shop) and I am going to have this with a fried egg for breakfast over the weekend :)

I also bought some really big mushrooms which will be nice for breakfast....roll on the weekend...lol

How are you getting on Donna??

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:19 PM
are you getting on Donna??

I HAVE LOST 2LBS SINCE MONDAY!!!
:-D :-D :-D

Mags
02-03-2006, 07:24 PM
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 Well done Donna!!!!:lol:

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:25 PM
welll done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Have you done anything different?? I know we talked about those sausages :)

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I havent had any sausages Emma. I did have a Mars Bar!!!! Maybe they help you lose weight!!!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
lol hmmm not sure about the Mars bar's :-D :-D :-D

You must be very proud of yourself (I know I am very proud of you!!!)

So how much have you lost now ???

I had a snack today which I thought you might like, you might have tried them already they are called Munchy Seeds, pumpkin mix, they also do a chilli variety if you want sometime a little bit more spicy, I had a 50g packet and they were under 4g carb :)

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Started at

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/nahrung/e010.gif 10st 11lbs http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/nahrung/e010.gif

Am now

10st 1lb

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gif

So lost....

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f030.gif10lbs http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/sportlich/f030.gif

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a080.gif

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:40 PM
wooohoooo

You are going to be so pleased once you are into the 9's....and not long to go now... :-D

How are you feeling?? I know you said earlier this week that your energy was zapped a bit?

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:42 PM
That lasted two days and now I am back to normal so I am not sure why I felt so drained. I just cant wait to get into the 9's. Will seem so much better than 10!!! All psychological I know, but I am daft like that!!

You must be nearly at target weight eh?

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Well after being a bit ill I went down to 9 stone 4.5lb and I am now down to 9 stone 6lbs :) so I have lost 11lbs!!!! only another 6lbs to go :)

I know what you mean about getting below 10 stone I felt very much the same, it is silly really but nice to have something to focus on....I reckon those sausages were affecting your weight loss more than we realised, if you keep this up it won't be long at all before you are below 10 stone :)

How are the clothes?? have they fallen down yet ?? ;)

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
No they not too bad as they were so tight before!!! Now they are just loose! Have to keep pulling them up!!! My tops dont seem to feel any different so must be losing it all off the lower half at the mo!!! Will be a funny shape!!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:49 PM
lol lol Oh I am sure it will all work itself out....you are not related to Dolly Parton are you ??? :-D :-D :-D :shock:

Donna
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
A few people have made a similar comment Emma!!! Oh well!!! Oh, I bought some digital scales today for the kitchen - chrome and glass ones = dead posh!!! Emma is at the moment making cakes!!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Well I don't think it is something to be worried about :) I am sort of flat chested really but I don't mind. What sort of cakes is Emma making?? ;)

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I dont have any cook books, so she is just doing sponge cakes that she did in her cooking class at school.

self raising flour, butter, castor sugar, egg/milk. Added some choc strands and she has made 12. just gone in oven.

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
let me know how they turn out... :)

There are loads of good recipes on the web...the BBC website is a good one, 1000's of recipes ;)

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh dear!!! I think she forgot to put sugar in!!! Sean has been given some to eat and he keeps asking me to try a bit but I cant!! She said they horrible!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Tell her not to worry about them, and use them in a trifle once they have cooled down ;)

Just pour some jelly ontop, custard and top with cream, you will never know they don't have any sugar in them.

Or she could make a chocolate custard :) and you could have a chocolate trifle

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:25 PM
She has eaten all hers!! Cant be too bad - think Sean just fussy!!! Bet she has left all the mess for me to clear up tho!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:27 PM
lol that's what mums are for ;)

Glad to hear that they were nice enough for Emma to eat ;)

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
She will eat anything!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Well it is nice at the age, they burn off so many calories.

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:35 PM
She keeps saying she is fat and jumps on the scales, but she has a lovely shape. Slim, tall, long legs - nothing like her fat old mum!!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Donna you are not fat ...nor old!!! I think a lot of teenagers think that they are overweight :roll:

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:39 PM
She is 11 tho - they start earlier and earlier. She is 12 in April but acts about 15!!!

Her friend knocked at the door last night and told Emma today at school that she thought i looked 21 and nice!!! Love that girl!!!! She needs her eyes testing tho, and dont think I could get away for 31 let alone 21!!! LOL!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
lol that was very sweet of her friend, they can say the nicest things :)

Just checked your BMI and it has gone from 28 to 26!!!!!

Donna
02-03-2006, 08:50 PM
Just checked your BMI and it has gone from 28 to 26!!!!!

Ooh thats good news!! :lol:

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 08:54 PM
certainly is...and when you lose another 2lbs you will be down to 25 which is considered a healthy weight :) you have done SO well!!!

I hope now with the continued weighloss you can put up with the mundane food for a bit longer. I know what it is like then those scales don't move and you cannot understand why they don't.

Soon summer will be here so we can eat loads more salads and you can introduce some fruit and other more interesting food to what you are eating

Donna
02-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Just wanna get into the 9st something area!!! That will be a big step.... then work on getting that down too!!! Wanna be sorted for summer!!!

Donna
02-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Oh Emma!!! Just had some of your low carb custard!!!!! Was so yummy:lol: Will be making this lots and lots now!!! :-P

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
It's nice isn't it...you can also pop it in the freezer :) if you make a large batch of it ;)

I am now making batches of it to last me the week for breakfast :)

Donna at the rate you are losing you will be sorted for the Summer ;)

Donna
02-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Didnt have Splenda so used co-op granulated sugar, seemed ok, but think a better finish would be Splenda as it is better for cooking??

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 10:32 PM
do you mean granulated sweetener??

Donna
02-03-2006, 10:33 PM
do you mean granulated sweetener??

er.............. yes!!! Bet you nearly had a heart attack there didnt you!!!:shock:

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 10:41 PM
lol well it did make me wonder :-D I think Splenda is a bit more stable at heat than other sweeteners (the exception being Stevia but we cannot get that in the UK) but it would work fine in a custard as you tend not to heat a custard up that much, and if it tastes ok. Sometimes sweeteners can leave an aftertaste but Splenda doesn't and it is closer in it's properties to Sugar (it is made from Sugar)

Splenda does come into it's own if you are using it for baking cakes etc as it will take a very high heat.

When you get to your ideal weight if you want to do a bit of baking says cakes/muffins you could always use Silver Spoons - half spoon (I think that is what it is called) which is sugar with sweetener added you just use half of the normal quantity.

I think overtime you might find that foods that you ate before and found them ok, too sweet, as your taste buds do tend to adjust very quickly to having less sugar.

Donna
02-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Dont normally have a sweet tooth. Was savouries I craved but that has gone completely. That Mars Bar was a very strange thing for me to eat, and the custard is sweet!!

EmmaG
02-03-2006, 10:52 PM
It is strange what we crave, normally I am not a great fan of chocolate but sometimes I could murder for a jaffa cake :-D

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Just had a few more ideas for food for you. Both of these are good for breakfast/lunch

Deviled eggs

3 Large Hard Cooked Eggs
2 tablespoons Mayo
1/2 teaspoon Mustard
Dash Of Pepper

Cut eggs lengthwise into halves. Slip out yolks and mash with a fork add in mayo, mustard, pepper. Fill whites with yolk mixture, heaping it up lightly.

Ham roll ups

2 slices of good quality ham
1 tablespoon of cream cheese

Divide the cream cheese between the two slices of ham spread over ham and roll up each slice so it looks like a sausauge, cut into portions.

Newsflash I now weigh 9 stone 5.5lbs ;) (down 11.5 lbs)

Donna
03-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Those are both good tips Emma!!

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Yes both are nice, I had some ham roll ups this morning for breakfast!!! yummy :)

Well chicken, bacon and cheese with roasted veg for dinner, and I am just preparing some lemon curd custards :)

Donna
03-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I didnt get time for brekkie this morning so once at work I had a handful of plain nuts, at lunch I nicked some of my boss's cheese and had some bacon (he has bought a George Foreman for the office). Thats it so far today. Going out tonight so not sure what I eat. Not gonna have much time, as I have to take bunny to vets and the children's dad is messing me about on timing. Grrr.

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 06:53 PM
any chance of picking up something when you are out???

EmmaG
03-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Thats good news about your boss buying a George Forman for the office :) Don't forget you can also cook veg on there ;)

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Yes I have done mushrooms and tomatos. What else could you do on there that I can eat Emma?

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
any chance of picking up something when you are out???
Didnt eat anything when I was out as we just went to the pub and they only had crisps!!! Hence the feeling rather worse for wear this morning :shock:

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gif

Lost 11lb, now 10st 0

http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gifhttp://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/froehlich/m015.gif

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Donna there is loads of veggies you can do on the grill, how about peppers, courgette, butternut squash, carrots, aubergine. Most firm vegetables would be ok.

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Donna there is loads of veggies you can do on the grill, how about peppers, courgette, butternut squash, carrots, aubergine. Most firm vegetables would be ok.

Like peppers and carrots, but never eaten courgette, butternut, aubergine:oops: Could cook myself some nice meat and veg for lunch every day!!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 06:28 PM

Lost 11lb, now 10st 0

woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

Well there is certainly no stopping you now!!!! I think those sausages had a lot to answer for!!! :)

You will soon be down to 9 stone XX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Hope by Monday morning I will be 9something!!!!

Sausages are BAD BAD BAD!!!

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:29 PM
How are you getting along Emma?

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Some people love aubergine, I personally think it is an acquired taste as I always find it a bit bitter. If you do like the taste of this you can use slices of aubergine to make a lasagna in place of using pasta sheets.

You will love butternut squash as it has a very nice almost carrot taste to it but it is a bit softer once cooked. Courgettes are a bit nondescript, but quite nice.

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 9 stone 5.5lbs!!! lol I have a feeling these last 5.5lbs are going to come off very slowly which isn't a bad thing really as hopefully they will stay off. Unfortunately I think I have got the flu and my glads in my throat have all come up, I feel very heady!!! and my throat hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrgggghhhhhhh lol

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Well I weighed myself this morning and I am still 9 stone 5.5lbs!!! lol I have a feeling these last 5.5lbs are going to come off very slowly which isn't a bad thing really as hopefully they will stay off. Unfortunately I think I have got the flu and my glads in my throat have all come up, I feel very heady!!! and my throat hurts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrgggghhhhhhh lol

Oh dear that doesnt sound too nice Emma. Take it easy and get better soon!!!

Only 5.5lb to go eh?? You must be getting nearer to posting your BEFORE and AFTER thread!!!! Cant wait to see the difference.

My friend who hasnt seen me for about 5 months said I looked like I had lost weight!!! She was amazed at the difference in me all over really as I have grown my hair and it is coloured a reddybrown and she said it was stunning!!! She is a very nice friend;) Felt really good about myself going out last night!!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Well Donna you have done VERY well, I have lost about the same amount of weight since January as you and I know the difference 11lbs can make :)

I will post up a before and after photo when I get to 9 stone :) with every 1lb I loose now I can see it in my face more, I have my cheekbones back!!!! lol

So how much do you think you weighed when your friend saw you last?? It does make you feel nice when people make comments on how nice you look doesn't it ;)

Donna
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Well Donna you have done VERY well, I have lost about the same amount of weight since January as you and I know the difference 11lbs can make :)

I will post up a before and after photo when I get to 9 stone :) with every 1lb I loose now I can see it in my face more, I have my cheekbones back!!!! lol

So how much do you think you weighed when your friend saw you last?? It does make you feel nice when people make comments on how nice you look doesn't it ;)

She saw me before Christmas and I started dieting in January so she saw me at my worst!! I cant see any difference yet, except my jeans have less spare tyres hanging over the top of them :shock: :roll: Want to lose the fat face but still have a long way to go!!:?

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
I didn't notice until I lost at least a stone, although I think other people did notice before I did.

Well I think you are losing the weight very well, by the rate of things you will be down to 9 stone before the start of Summer :)

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
I reckon it took me about 6 months to lose just over 2 stone and I stayed at 9 stone 8lbs for about two years, this is the lightest I have been for about 12 years!!

Donna
04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I reckon it took me about 6 months to lose just over 2 stone and I stayed at 9 stone 8lbs for about two years, this is the lightest I have been for about 12 years!!

You have done so well Emma, but this diet does make it very easy, IMO.

And the food we can eat has got to be so much better for us generally!!! :-P

Donna
04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Well I think you are losing the weight very well, by the rate of things you will be down to 9 stone before the start of Summer :)

I am not sure of my target weight yet. If you are aiming for 9st and you are a lot taller than me, I am assuming I will need to be somwhere between 8 and 8 1/2 stone. But once I have broken the 10 barrier my next goal is obviously the 9:-P

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
You are right Donna I have found low carbing very easy to do...most of my meals are easy to prepare/cook, basically protein and veg. Sometimes I get a bit bored of breakfasts but I am fine at the moment with those custards :) I very rarely eat any processed foods or takeaways so it is far far healthier than I was eating before.

Well you goal sounds very sensible, my first goal was 9 stone 7lbs and I got down to 9 stone 8lbs and kept the weight off for the majority of the time (except Christmas :) ) I now decided to go to 9 stone this is the weight I was when I first met my OH, and I would say I was very slim, but not skinny. If however I get to 9 stone and I feel I am too thin I will aim to put a bit of muscle back on by doing some weight training.

Donna
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
What height are you Emma? I forgotten!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
about 5 foot 7 inches perhaps a tad taller

Donna
04-03-2006, 08:06 PM
about 5 foot 7 inches perhaps a tad taller

Five inches taller than me!!! I have gotta aim for 8 1/2 stone I think!!

EmmaG
04-03-2006, 08:19 PM
You might find that if you ideal weight is 8 1/2 stone that you lose the weight very quickly down to 9 stone and then the last 7lbs do take longer to come off.

Donna
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
I have been shopping today Emma and found some sausages that are 3.6 per sausage. Are these any good?