PDA

View Full Version : Dieting/Low Carbs

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

EmmaG
11-04-2006, 06:02 PM
no ideas for dinner Donna ??? what have you got in the fridge/freezer??

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 09:00 AM
9 stone 4lbs today :) so eating the salads helped a bit :)

breakfast - custard with low carb jam
lunch - cheese and biscuits
dinner - chicken with yellow bean sauce and some veg :)

Donna
12-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Weighed today - 9 st 12 so down one since Monday:-D . Gotta lose those birthday pounds!!! :D

Breakfast custard and jam
lunch no idea cos gotta go Tesco :roll: and dinner no idea cos I gotta go Tesco.:roll:

Off to Tesco strangely enough!! Speak later:D

Donna
12-04-2006, 01:21 PM
9 stone 4lbs today :) so eating the salads helped a bit :)

breakfast - custard with low carb jam
lunch - cheese and biscuits
dinner - chicken with yellow bean sauce and some veg :)

Good news!!:lol:

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Good news!!:lol:

You too!!!!! :)

Have fun at Tescos I have got to pop to our one on the way home :)

Donna
12-04-2006, 03:00 PM
Well lunch ended up being some peanuts and a Atkins Indulge choccie bar (2g carb). :oops:

Got some steak for dinner - will have with salad no doubt. :lol:

Also saw sweet potato things so got some of them as you keep eating them Emma - can I eat them?? Are they low carb? What do I do with them???:?

And what is it with you and funny shaped vegetables :shock: :shock: :-D :-D

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 03:09 PM
hmmm steak sounds good.

The best thing for the sweet potato I have found it to cook it like a jacket potato - just put it in a hot oven 200c for about 45 mins until the skin has gone crispy (although they dont go as crispy as normal white potatoes), then half and top with butter/cheese/coleslaw.

They are quite low carb (certainly a lot lower carbs than a normal potato) and I prefer the taste of them. I have also continued to lose weight by eating them.

You can also cut into wedges, drizzle with a bit of oil and cook in the oven for about 20-30 mins until brown.

Also cook them like a jacket potato, split, top with butter, splenda and cinnamon

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 03:10 PM
And what is it with you and funny shaped vegetables :shock: :shock: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D hey I am an odd person!!! lol

EmmaG
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Just been to tescos and got some steak for tomorrow!!! lol going to have it with a nice salad.

Did you give the sweet potato a go?? ;)

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 08:03 AM
wooohooo back down to 9 stone 3lbs today!!!

breakfast - a few peanuts
lunch - going to the cafe with work so I will have the full english breakfast
dinner - steak with sweet potato chips and salad

:)

Donna
13-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Good news Emma, well done!!

Well dinner wasnt the steak I thought i was going to have - ended up going out unexpectedly so had a few vodkas and peanuts for dinner!!!

Today breakfast was cheese and coleslaw, had a low carb choc bar but nothing else as yet.

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks Donna, are you having the steak tonight??

Donna
13-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Had the steak with some salad around 2pm today.

Am cooking a roast chicken tonight - with sweet potato with black pepper and olive oil, brocolli and carrots (kids have yorkshire puds too).

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Sounds great!!! let me know what you think of the sweet potato :)

Donna
13-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Will do!!

Since I started this diet, my cupboards have changed dramatically - just thinking that as I was getting the oil out.

Poppodums, olive oil, curry pastes, garlic cloves, fresh veg etc etc!

Oh also have parsnips with dinner.

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 06:07 PM
hmmm I love parsnips !!! I am even going to try growing them this year ;)

It is amazing how much of a difference a good way of eating can make isn't it, I don't think many people who low carb properly ever go back to eating the way they use to. I find it sad sometimes at work and they are all munching bread/white potatoes/chocolate and then complaining that they are either hungry or tired, now food/snacking doesn't hardly enter my thoughts.

Donna
13-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Well I can tell you that before this diet I thought of food at EVERY minute of the day. No lie. Constantly wanting food. Constantly trying not to. Constantly feeling low.

Now I hardly think of food - so much so that I forget lunch and end up eating at around 2-3pm!! I try to eat three meals but sometimes have to eat a meal when I could of easily gone without. Usually then will just have a snack!

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 06:22 PM
and I know you feel so much better than you did before. I think it is a real shame that a lot of people perceive food the way that they do. I am sure years ago before junk food was common place it never happened, I am sure they had their meals and then got on with their lives. Scary really!!

Donna
13-04-2006, 06:31 PM
If you think about it, years ago we only had the basic foods - its convenience that has made our diet unhealthy. I have more or less got rid of all the convenience foods in my freezer. Now its full of meat and frozen veg.

Just need to kick start the diet again after my birthday bashes!!!

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Donna I always think as long as you don't put massives of weight on after celebrations and just keep an eye on things then we are doing well. Don't forget once the weather heats up a bit, eating salads is going to be a bit easier as well.

The more I think about convenience food the more I am convinced it is going to cause an awful lot of health problems for people in the future, with a lot of adults passing their own unhealthy eating habbits onto their children, who will just eat what the parents are eating and know no better.

Another thing I have noticed is when buying food in the supermarkets it is very rare that you see somebody with a balanced shopping basket full of food.

Donna
13-04-2006, 06:42 PM
It is hard for my children as they constantly ask for takeaways (this is something their father has fed them exclusively for the last couple of years). They see that as normal. They think my meals are boring.

But I am going to persevere - for one I cannot afford takeaways and secondly, it is wrong to give them rubbish to eat!

They will hopefully learn something from me and chose a healthier diet as they grow up.

EmmaG
13-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Well you can't blame the children can you Donna, I mean takeaway food does have a certain addictiveness about it, and what takeaway food doesn't taste nice??

But I do think of only giving them the option of a healthy meal is certainly the way forward, when I was growing up we only had chips on a Friday (usually with steak) all the other days it was meat and veg (hardly had pasta or rice) and I think if I have children that is the way I will try and feed them, one day a week having food that is perhaps slightly less healthy than the other days. Me and my brother were never overweight (actually my brother was and still is like a beanpole :) )

Donna I think you are doing an excellent job with the children, Emma seems very interested in cooking which I think is a really good thing. I mean how many young girls (or boys) don't know how to cook some of the most basic meals??

EmmaG
14-04-2006, 08:11 AM
9 stone 3lbs today which I am very surprised at because both my lunch and dinner yesterday where was quite a bit of food.

breakfast - muesli (only a small bowl - I want to see if this has any affect)
lunch - half of a jacket sweet potato with cheese, butter and coleslaw
dinner - will be meatballs in tomato sauce and roasted veg

:)

EmmaG
15-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Well 9 stone 4lbs today which I am not surprised about due to eating half an easter egg and having another bowl of muesli in the evening :-D

breakfast - muesli
lunch - jacket sweet potato with coleslaw and cheese
dinner - not sure yet, might just do chicken and have some veg with it

Donna
15-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Still 9st 12 - its not budging at the moment!!! Must the the "odd" glass of vodka!!

Not had anything yet today. Will do egg/bacon methinks. Then no idea for the rest of the day!! Just me today to worry about so no doubt will just pick at things rather than making a meal!!

EmmaG
16-04-2006, 10:21 AM
9 stone 4lbs today, so no change from yesterday and I did have another few bits of chocolate last night, I have only got 1/4 of my buttons egg left and my mum bought me a Thorntons diabetic one which has sweeteners in it.

breakfast - muesli
lunch - half a sweet jacket potato with coleslaw. A few strawberries
dinner - ??

Donna
16-04-2006, 10:58 AM
No idea about anything today.

EmmaG
19-04-2006, 08:04 AM
9 stone 5lbs yesterday (I blame it on those easter eggs ;) )

food was

breakfast - muesli
lunch - sweet jacket potato with butter and cheese
dinner - chicken and salad

9 stone 4lbs today :)

breakfast - muesli
lunch - jacket sweet potato with coleslaw
dinner - gammon and salad

Donna
19-04-2006, 01:19 PM
I have lost all willpower. Hoping work routine etc will get me back on track now the Easter Hols are over.

EmmaG
19-04-2006, 04:48 PM
It happens Donna :) don't worry about it, I am sure you will be back on track soon, getting my kitchen finished was a big incentive for me :)

Donna
19-04-2006, 04:50 PM
Too much chocolate around. Making the kids stuff their faces like mad so that it is all gone!!

EmmaG
19-04-2006, 05:04 PM
lol well I have just finished my thorntons egg, which was very nice but it gets a bit windy around here afterwards :roll: :-D

Donna
19-04-2006, 05:16 PM
lol well I have just finished my thorntons egg, which was very nice but it gets a bit windy around here afterwards :roll: :-D

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!:-D :-D

EmmaG
19-04-2006, 05:20 PM
hahahahahhahaha thought that would make you smile ;)

Donna
19-04-2006, 05:22 PM
There is a HUGE block of Cadburys Dairy Milk sitting on the table just in front of me.... oh its so tempting to break a piece off..... no one will notice....:roll:

EmmaG
19-04-2006, 05:59 PM
lol step away from the Dairy Milk......lol well it is fine if you can stop at just one piece ;)

Donna
19-04-2006, 10:07 PM
lol step away from the Dairy Milk......lol well it is fine if you can stop at just one piece ;)

Well, I managed to withstand the temptation:D

Today I have eaten:

those lowish carb cheese biscuits and some cheese
Two boiled eggs with mayo.

THATS IT!!:-D

Donna
20-04-2006, 06:38 PM
No weigh in..

Egg mayo for breakfast
cheese and biscuits for lunch

doing well so far you think?:-P

er...

got indoors from school and helped the children demolish and easter egg:roll:

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 06:41 PM
but are all of the easter eggs now finished Donna ;)

Donna
20-04-2006, 06:43 PM
but are all of the easter eggs now finished Donna ;)

Oh dear Emma, no they not, but have told the children to take all their chocolate to their rooms and eat it up there out of my sight!! Will let them eat them in their beds to avoid putting on weight:shock: :roll: :-D

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 07:00 PM
lol they must be very good at restraining themselves, how many did they have??

Donna
20-04-2006, 07:00 PM
About four or five bits each I think. But huge bars of choccy too!

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 07:09 PM
lol it is great being their age and not worrying too much about what you can eat!!! Oh I remember the days, then I turned 30!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Donna
20-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Yes thats it - over 30!! I am nearing 40 so I have even more worries!!!

Calories eaten x age = waistline!!!!

Oh deary me!!!

EmmaG
20-04-2006, 07:23 PM
Well my boss has always maintained that it is easier to put on weight once you are over 30 (never believed him) until I turned 30!!!! lol

EmmaG
21-04-2006, 06:37 PM
9 stone 5lbs today, but I did have quite a bit of dinner yesterday ( chicken curry with a little bit of rice and half a naan bread)

Oh and two portions of muesli ;)

breakfast - muesli ;)
lunch - half a sweet jacket potato with coleslaw
dinner - dreamfields pasta, with mushroom sauce and cheese :)

My order from that site turned up today, I think I have got enough pasta to last me a year!!! lol

Donna
21-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Well I have been good today - no chocolate!!!!

Breakfast - nothing
Lunch - cheese and biscuits
Dinner - Sausage, egg, bacon, grilled tomato.

Hard to cook at the moment, but the George Foreman coming in handy!

EmmaG
21-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Good stuff Donna :)

Donna
21-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Am trying hard now I am back at work from the hols. Only hard bit is when the kids are eating their Easter Eggs but nearly all gone now!

EmmaG
21-04-2006, 07:46 PM
lol I know what you mean Donna temptation everywhere at Easter. The other half bought some cookies from Sainsburys today, you know those nice soft ones....lol must resist...lol I am surprised he did actually as he went to the dentist today and had to have a filling...£180 later (ouch!!! lol)

EmmaG
22-04-2006, 05:01 PM
9 stone 3lbs today :)

breakfast - muesli (glad that isn't making things worse)
lunch - bacon and liver with gravy and veg (lunch out at local garden centre)
dinner - low carb lasagna (using dreamfields lasagna sheets) half a sweet jacket potato and coleslaw

Donna
22-04-2006, 06:36 PM
No weigh in today. cant find the scales in all this mess!!!!

only eaten a few nuts today.

EmmaG
23-04-2006, 08:22 AM
did you get to eat much else Donna??

9 stone 3.5 today (so I am happy with that)

breakfast - muesli
lunch - sweet jacket potato with coleslaw
dinner - Sainsburys chicken with bacon and sausagemeat and veg

Donna
23-04-2006, 09:58 AM
did you get to eat much else Donna??

9 stone 3.5 today (so I am happy with that)

Er... yes Emma, I did :roll:

Glad you are happy with your weigh in - I need to uncover my scales from the chaos of my house :roll:

EmmaG
24-04-2006, 06:02 PM
9 stone 4.5lbs today :roll: not helped yesterday by a few too many bowls of muesli :roll: lets just say that I had the munchies and didn't stop at two bowls:-D

SO TODAY IT IS ALL CHANGE!!!:-D

breakfast - muesli :roll:
dinner - oven baked salmon, with roasted butternut squash, roasted peppers and a salad :-D

and that is it!!! no snacks no more bowls of muesli today!!:-D

Donna
24-04-2006, 06:09 PM
9 stone 4.5lbs today :roll: not helped yesterday by a few too many bowls of muesli :roll: lets just say that I had the munchies and didn't stop at two bowls:-D

SO TODAY IT IS ALL CHANGE!!!:-D

breakfast - muesli :roll:
dinner - oven baked salmon, with roasted butternut squash, roasted peppers and a salad :-D

and that is it!!! no snacks no more bowls of muesli today!!:-D

You have done well today Emma.

I have had some nuts, a few cheese biscuits (no cheese) and just had chicken and salad.

Nothing else so far:roll: Trying to be good!

Still not found my scales either :roll: :shock:

EmmaG
26-04-2006, 08:55 AM
ok 9 stone 2.5lbs today!!!! wooohooo!!!

However I am going out this evening with everybody from work, so that will no doubt have an effect :roll:

breakfast - muesli
dinner - eating out at Romford Dogs, I think I am having fishcakes ;) oh and a desert :-D

Donna
26-04-2006, 11:29 AM
ok 9 stone 2.5lbs today!!!! wooohooo!!!

However I am going out this evening with everybody from work, so that will no doubt have an effect :roll:

breakfast - muesli
dinner - eating out at Romford Dogs, I think I am having fishcakes ;) oh and a desert :-D

Have a great evening out Emma!!

Donna
29-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh Emma, I have been SO BAD whilst the kitchen has been installed. Pizza, chinese, indian, doughnuts!!!:shock:

I darent find the scales. But once this mayhem is finished, I will have to get back on track:?

EmmaG
29-04-2006, 09:29 AM
lol you have got a good excuse Donna :) Don't worry about it you might not have put on as much as you think ;)

Well I am 9 stone 4.5lbs today, me and the OH went out for a nice lunch yesterday and I had a desert :)

Back on track thought today :)

Donna
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Got to get back into it. Not been good.

Today started ok with egg mayo for brekkie, chicken salad for lunch (but the cafe did a slice of chunky bread with it). Oops. No dinner as yet.

If I get a shock on the scales tomorrow that will kick start the diet again!

EmmaG
03-05-2006, 06:57 PM
lol well join that club then Donna,

today 9 stone 5.5lbs!!!! lol but I did go up to 9 stone 6lbs over the weekend!!!

Back more or less on plan now, stress and boredom got the better of me at the weekend and I pigged out a bit.

Donna
03-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Will post my weigh in tomorrow. That should shame me into getting back to dieting!

EmmaG
03-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Well I put on weight when I had my kitchen done, it really is hard not to have take aways especially when you are working as well. But just look at that gorgeous kitchen you have now to cook in ;)

EmmaG
04-05-2006, 06:34 PM
You are very quiet Donna ;)

Well 9 stone 5lbs today :)

Donna
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Telewest has been down this afternoon Emma.

Not too bad considering its been two weeks of take aways!!

9st 13lbs!!!

Well pleased with that. Only one pound more than my last proper weigh in!!

EmmaG
04-05-2006, 07:07 PM
You have done well

See sometimes it can seem a lot worse than it actually is, sometimes I have found the odd relapse sort of helps kick start things again.

Donna
04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Well am starting to get back to the diet. Is hard after such a pig=out!!

EmmaG
05-05-2006, 06:46 PM
9 stone 5lbs again today :)

I am having low carb spaghetti bolognaise (sp) today but I might have a little bit of garlic bread with it, oh and a glass of wine!!! lol

Donna
05-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I was fairly good today - egg mayo for brekkie, ham salad for lunch, then a slice of pizza for dinner!!!

But slowly getting better!!

janey83
05-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Im terrible at the moment! its chinese's every week nearly! but its so cheep the one we go to! on a sundayy 7 quid for a buffet! how can you not go.

But i keep sayin no crisps, or chocolate! or naughty stuff today but i think oh just one more day!
Its so hard not to eat bad stuff! when its summer though i think i will eat good stuff! i know i will.

EmmaG
05-05-2006, 07:02 PM
It is so much easier to eat good stuff during the summer isn't it Janey? My OH is just cutting down on chocolate and snacking and he is gradually loosing weight which is good, although he did stop over easter (he had a few easter eggs) but he was still 4lbs down over the two weeks!!! lol

Hreow
05-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Blokes seem to be able to do that. Carry on as normal, just cutting down on the sweets, and lose the weight.

Donna
06-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Went out last night so had a few drinks. Dont think thats gonna help the diet!!!

EmmaG
06-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Hope you had a good evening Donna :)

9 stone 5.5lbs for me today which I thought was quite good as I had some garlic bread and some wine yesterday.

EmmaG
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Still on 9 stone 5.5lb :)

breakfast - muesli
lunch - salad :)
dinner - chicken with cashew nuts, yellow bean sauce and a tiny amount of rice

My neighbour kindly gave us some rhubarb and I might cook some later :)

Donna
09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I weighed in on Monday (my old weigh in day) 9st 13

Only had chicken salad today - until a sausage roll just now so still struggling to get back on the diet :-(

EmmaG
09-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Oh dear Donna, I am sure you will get back on track soon, I have a craving at the moment for a big juicy bacon sandwich, luckily I have no bread here at the moment!!! lol

EmmaG
10-05-2006, 05:45 PM
9 stone 4.5lbs today

breakfast - muesli
lunch - low carb lasagna
dinner - oven roasted salmon and salad, might have some stewed rhubarb for desert :)

Donna
10-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Well done Emma.

Weighed at 9st 11lbs this morning so thats good. Not seeming to have the right food around me at the moment. Need to do a good BIG shop so that if I am tempted there are better foods to eat rather than biscuits!

EmmaG
10-05-2006, 06:31 PM
9 stone 11, that is good Donna :) I went shopping this week and stocked up a bit on salad stuff, oh and some bacon :)

Donna
10-05-2006, 06:33 PM
9 stone 11, that is good Donna :) I went shopping this week and stocked up a bit on salad stuff, oh and some bacon :)

Yes that is back to one stone lost now.

I need to get in easy basic stuff so that I can crack on and get to 9st 7 - my next goal!

EmmaG
10-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Well you haven't got far to go Donna, I think you have done really well, especially having your kitchen done.

Donna
10-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Kitchen being done has caused a major blip in the diet, but cant stop improving the house cos of a diet!! Just need to get the enthusiasm back. Might drag out one of my skirt suits for work tomorrow (as legs dont look white anymore!) and that might encourage the diet if they are too tight!!

EmmaG
10-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Sounds like a good plan!!!

EmmaG
13-05-2006, 10:06 AM
9 stone 5lbs today, seem to be pretty much stuck at that weight at the moment

breakfast - bit of porridge
lunch - might be bacon and eggs
dinner - chicken curry with roasted veg

Donna
13-05-2006, 10:18 AM
9st 9lbs today so lost 2lbs this week. Pleased with that!!

EmmaG
13-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Well done Donna!!!!!! you are doing so well, and catching up with me!!! ;)

Donna
13-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Well done Donna!!!!!! you are doing so well, and catching up with me!!! ;)

Not catching up with the amount you have lost Emma!! Dont forget your goal weight is 9st as you taller than me. My goal weight has to be below that!

EmmaG
13-05-2006, 11:57 AM
A lot of people would say I am fine at my weight now, I am slim but I don't think of myself as skinny (not that I want to be skinny) you really haven't got far now to get to 9 stone and even if you want to go to say 8 stone 10 you still haven't got far to go ;)

Are you feeling much thinner now? I think you did really well over the fitting of your kitchen.

Donna
13-05-2006, 12:44 PM
To be completely honest Emma??

I dont feel or look any different size wise. Clothes a bit looser but thats about it.

EmmaG
13-05-2006, 01:34 PM
I am the same Donna, although I have lost quite a bit of weight I don't "feel" any different, it is great when I can get into a smaller sized clothing, although sometime I catch a glimps of myself in a window and think "yes I can see a big difference"

EmmaG
14-05-2006, 09:27 AM
Well food wise I did really bad yesterday, as I had a bacon and egg sandwich, packet of chedders, and some rice and naan bread with my dinner.

However by some miricle I am still 9 stone 5lbs today, I think all of the gardening helped yesterday

I am going to try and be better today ;)

Donna
14-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Well food wise I did really bad yesterday, as I had a bacon and egg sandwich, packet of chedders, and some rice and naan bread with my dinner.

However by some miricle I am still 9 stone 5lbs today, I think all of the gardening helped yesterday

I am going to try and be better today ;)

Sounds like a yummy day yesterday Emma!!

I had checken and mayo then later on I had a bit of naan bread, bit of poppodom and some chicken tikka - but thats it for the whole day so not much eaten (although wrong things eaten).:roll:

EmmaG
14-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Well I am off to the shops in a bit and I am going to pick up some more salad stuff and try not to by anything bad, although I am going to suprise the OH and get him a few cream cakes, but just mini ones :)

My pastel course starts tomorrow and I am hoping I can eat sensibly at lunchtime ;)

Donna
14-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Well I am off to the shops in a bit and I am going to pick up some more salad stuff and try not to by anything bad, although I am going to suprise the OH and get him a few cream cakes, but just mini ones :)

My pastel course starts tomorrow and I am hoping I can eat sensibly at lunchtime ;)

Take a packed lunch - and have fun on your course!

EmmaG
14-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Take a packed lunch - and have fun on your course!

lol I might pack up a salad just incase we don't pop out for lunch, I am really looking forward to it Donna, hopefully I will be able to post up at least one photo of a nice painting ;)

Donna
14-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Cant wait to see your work Emma!!! It ia always amazing!!!

EmmaG
19-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Still 9 stone 5lbs for me, more or less stayed the same this week very surprised as I haven't eaten terribly well this week

EmmaG
23-05-2006, 08:17 AM
9 stone 4.5lbs today, haven't been eating the best at the moment and I blame nervous energy on maintaining the weight :)