Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-07-2005, 11:38 PM   #1

Tales of a bike rider with dogs

I have started to excercise the "girls" Sal and Tess on my bike.

But this bike pedalling is shattering me never mind the "girls" We are up to 40 minutes a day now with them running by the bike. That means I am pedalling God knows how many miles.

At least the kids have stopped calling "Wicked witch of the North" Or "anyone seen Dorothy" from Wizard of Oz after me since I got off the bike and threatened to sing to them if they carried on lol .

You should have seen them run (lf*)

In truth all the kids around here are decent kids - you just need to treat them with respect, and the odd joke. Mind you it helps having gone to school with their Moms and Dads and knowing where everyone lives.

But I have noticed a distinct lack of people adult or child willing to take their lives in their hands by getting in my way. Especially as I am am still perfecting the art of stopping the bike and the two dogs at the same time while trying to stay in one piece myself. Without injuring or causing major chaos on the highways and byways of the UK.

So if you happen to live or be travelling through the West Midlands please go out of your way to avoid the short fat woman riding a red(ish) coloured bike with a wire basket on the front complete with bell who in warm weather wears a blue floppy straw hat - me not the bike. And of course has two Staffords running alongside. Paints a pretty interesting picture doesn't it no wonder people stop and stare. I'm a work of art in motion.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-07-2005, 09:12 AM   #2

Re: Tales of a bike rider with dogs

Ooooh Kazz, you must post us a piccie of you on your bike for us to see

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-07-2005, 09:33 AM   #3

Sounds like you are a devil for punishment on that bike Kazz!!
As PK has just said, a piccy would be very, very interesting for us If you stop your bike for 5 minutes I'm sure some kind person would be more than willing to take a pic of you and your doggies....oh and that super sounding mountain bike
Nice to hear you are all trying to keep fit..... although I think it would do the opposite for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #4

Ypu are brave Kazz, Years since I rode a bike, a pic would be great....