Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
08-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #1

Fudge is badly injured

Fudge my English rabbit, the brown spotted one is badly injured - I went into the garden to put them to bed and there was fur all over the garden. They were fighting They have lived harmoniously together for about 2 1/2years now. I had them both neutered at about six months old when aggresive tendies started due to hormones and they have lived great togethere since....

Fudge has a big pucture wound on his side which seems to have developed into a haematoma, if you press it it bleeds profusely. Smudge has only minor wounds. Fudge is now in the house but miserable cos he wants to go to his bed. I have bathed his wound and made him a temp bed up in the house for tonight....vets first thing in the morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-07-2005, 10:24 PM   #2

Re: Fudge is badly injured

Sorry to hear about Fudge Pk, hope he will be okay..Why would they suddenly fight?

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Sorry to hear about Fudge Pk, hope he will be okay..Why would they suddenly fight?
I don't know Moli, but I am now worried what the future holds for the two of them to live together

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #4

Maybe there is something wrong with one of them...Poor little thing, he won't understand why he can't go to his bed....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
08-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #5

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about Fudge

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2005, 10:44 PM   #6

Poor Fudge...how strange that they have started fighting....I hope he'll be okay. Could you keep them in separate hutches PK?

Catsey Veteran

08-07-2005, 10:51 PM   #7

I could but they are both used to the run of the garden all day so it would mean they couldn't go out together and would have limited time in the garden

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 09:07 AM   #8

How's Fudge today PK...

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #9

Fudge is very ill The vet shaved the hair to reveal two very large and deep puncture wound in his side. One of the clots came away and Fudge started to bleed profusely. They put a pressure bandage on, he has had antibiotic and painkilling injections and they are now taking him to surgery to try and assess the damage and see what can be done. Because he lost a lot of blood they are putting him on a drip. I can only sit and wait now for them to phone me to let me know how he is

Catsey Senior

09-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #10

I was so sorry to see this post, I HATE waiting for the phone to ring with news! Really horrible.

Fingers crossed all will be okay!

As I hope they are, and probably the fighting is due to hormones perhaps, you could try a herbal calming remedy? We use this sometimes for cats, and they work really well!

A good firm I have been recommended to has advisors, and can post you out the herbal remedy http://www.ainsworths.com/company/contact.aspx

Worth a try if all goes well at the vets!

Suexx