Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
21-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #1

Why don't people remember what you have told them

Today I got woken up at 11 am by my nice new lcd tv being delivered. This wasn't to bad as I managed to get back to sleep pretty easy. At 3pm my optician rang, this is after I have told them not to ring before 4pm in the afternoon I hate being woken up when I am on night shift but no they did it again. Not to sure on a whether i was understandable b if I was polite, but then if someone wakes you up in the middle of your "night" its hard to be lucid and polite!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #2

Re: Why don't people remember what you have told them

It is frustrating. When I worked nights, I would unplug the phone in the bedroom. The answer machine would pick up the phone downstairs.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #3

That was annoying Paula......I think I would have been livid as well As Pk has said, unplug the phone next time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #4

Hi When I did nights at work (not usual then) but we had a big refit going on my boss rang me at 1.00pm I figured he'd just forgotten, but mentioned I was on nights a few days later he did it again rang at about 12.30 witha pointless queston again I said "I'm on nights - don't ring"
Then a week or so later he rang again about 1.00ish. By then I was livid - but kept my paitence.

The next night I rang him about 3.00am asking him a stupid question. He said "It's the middle of the night" I said "Oh REALLY I'm wide awake"
A few days later I rang him again about 3.30am. Again he said "its the middle of the night" I said "Really is it I forgot you were on days!

The third time I rang him he said "Okay I get it I'll never ring you in the middle of the day again please let me sleep"

Worked for me.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #5

Tit for tat eh Kazz.......it worked though!