Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
24-02-2022, 05:16 AM   #1

Pleasant Thursday.

Good morning ladies.
Thursday afternoon here and the sun is shining but not too hot. Janna has gone out on a delivery and I'm sitting here all alone listening to Miracle snoring away on the chair. i was meant to go and have some more blood tests this morning but couldn't be bothered. I'd better go tomorrow though, and I'll do a bit of shopping at the same time.
NZ is still crazy. So much violence and carnage on the roads. The protests are in every city now, and the main one in Wellington is into its 17th day. It's getting really violent against the police and media and of course all the unmasked protesters are catching covid and passing it on to the police. The police are getting verbally abused, spat on, punched and some have had battery acid flung at them. I don't know what's wrong with these people. Our PM has also been abused and chased by morons in Christchurch today. I know people are entitled to their opinion, but abuse should never be tolerated.This behaviour is so unlike NZ and I can only think that the people are scared of the virus and their fear is making them act this way. It makes me ashamed of my own country.

Dickens is sleeping for longer periods now and still using the litter box a few times a day - not doing much, but at least he's doing something. He is eating (the wrong food) but will eat a few of the urinary biscuits. Janna sits up with him until around 4am every night and makes sure he is going to the toilet and drinking.

I was meant to be having a visit from Ruby and her breeder tomorrow, but I've put it off until Dickens is over this bout of cystitis. I don't want to stress him out and make him any worse. I also need to see how Ruby reacts to my cats and if I can get control of her and she'll obey me. I'm still in two minds about getting another dog anyway. I definitely don't want another giant breed that won't do as I tell her. The times I've seen Ruby, she has seemed quite mellow and standoffish - typical mastiff traits - but not aggressive. Just have to wait and see what my cats think of her. Even if I don't take her, she'll find a good home through the club.

PAMELA I'm thrilled that Mia is now feeling fine again. That's sounds like a good night out you had on Tuesday night. I'm sorry you've got a sore calf muscle. Hopefully the massage you have will help. How was your dad yesterday ? I bet he was pleased to see you.It's always nice having a few days off. It gives you the time to catch up on things. I hope you have a great day out with your friend today, have a lovely lunch and get lots of shopping done.

SHELLEY, just like Pamela, you seem to be having a lot of bad weather at the moment too.Let's hope bad weather now means you're in for a super summer. I bet you enjoyed your day off yesterday. It's always lovely being able to have a lie in in the mornings, especially when it's cold.Your pups will certainly be getting a lot of wear out of their new birthday coats. I hope Chris is now feeling much better and you and Howard have both returned negative tests.

Well ladies, I'm off to feed the birds now and give them some fresh seed.

Hope you both have a safe and warm Thursday.