Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-03-2021, 09:03 AM   #1

Friday at last and things looking brighter.

Good morning Pamela, Shelley ,Kazz and Yola,
I've just logged in for the first time in what has seemed forever and have been catching up ,reading all your posts.First of all though, i want to say a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your well wishes. Somehow i knew that you all would have my back and i felt those healing wishes.surrounding me. Hell, i have missed you all so much but every time i tried to get up, I felt so dizzy and my heart was going totally crazy and as it got worse, i started being sick. Poor Janna had so much cleaning to do.My cousin took me (and my trusty bucket) for a heart scan on Monday. She practically had to carry me inside. Finally at 4pm today, i saw the cardiologist for the first time. My cousin was with me.He was a really lovely guy, and he again did an ECG and blood pressure check. I was literally terrified by now, but he knew straight away what to do and was so calm about it.He gave me a Beta Blocker straight away and I have a prescription for more. The dose will increase gradually.He said that should stop the heart racing/missing beats and also help to lower my BP I was monitored for the next hour and believe it or not ,my heart has slowed down. BP still higher than normal but that will be checked again in a week. He said my heart looks fine on the scan - no blockages etc, and he has no idea what caused this Maybe the amitriptyline that i was on for back pain.He thinks that the heart raised my BP also. Anyway, i could have kissed him.I do feel a bit better after only one pill, although he said that it will take about a week until i start to feel better.Hopefully i will sleep a bit easier tonight anyway. I'm exhausted. I couldn't have got through the last 4 weeks without the support and well wishes of all you guys, so thank you. At least there is now light at the end of the tunnel. Gosh, i have gone on, haven't I ?

PAMELA, congratulations on finishing that challenge . 874 miles in 8 weeks is amazing. You should be very proud of yourself.Also, good for you for selling your car.That will be a load off your mind. Hope your dad is continuing to do well. I'm sure he'll enjoy that chicken and rice soup.
SHELLEY, happy that you're able to return to your work place in April.I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing your work mates again.Congratulations, too, on receiving good news from your pulmonary consultant. That must be a big relief for you.AND being confirmed as well - how wonderful. Like Yola, i was confirmed at primary school. Did you have to choose a confirmation name ? Mine was Francis.
KAZZ,Hope your nephew got through his jab OK. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as he thought.Hope your new curtains look good. Interesting that you plan to redecorate .i know what you mean when you live in your parents home, which is where I am also. Although this house was so badly damaged by the big earthquakes, that mum and dad wouldn't recognise it after EQC repairs.I laughed when i thought of poor Gert hanging on the washing line yesterday. Glad you managed to walk the washing though. !!! Lotsa luck with your litter picking.
YOLA,you'll be pleased that you'll be starting back at work soon too.Life is slowly getting back to normal again.Hope your husband is OK with the jab. Strangely, a lot of men really dislike needles.One of my cousins, a big strong builder, faints clean away when he has to have an injection.I'm glad your son's knobbly roller is helping your knees.Long may it continue.Interesting that a falcon is being used to disperse nesting birds. Poor wee birds. Our university here used a guy with a trained hawk to discourage the pigeons nesting on the building ledges.It never catches them though, thank goodness.

Well everyone, hope you all have a good Friday. Stay warm and safe and may the sun shine for you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-03-2021, 09:32 AM   #2

Re: Friday at last and things looking brighter.

Good morning everyone,

Dinky so glad to see you back on the forum!! Gosh sounds like you have had such a horrible time being so poorly. I am glad the scan has come back clear though, what a relief you must feel!! Thats fantastic that the tablets are starting to work so soon as well.

We have all been thinking of you and sending our thoughts to you.

Thankfully its Friday. Not much planned. Running with 2 of my friends tonight after work nothing exciting!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2021, 09:45 AM   #3

Morning folks, wondeful that you are back Dinky.
What a terrible time you've had, I'm glad the scan was fine and that the beta blockers are helping, it's so scary when things go wrong.
No work today so will have to clean up, no excuse.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2021, 09:59 AM   #4

Really good to see you dinky. Sounds like you’ve been through the mangle but fingers crossed with proper care now you’ll continue to improve. My confirmation name was Bernadette. Highly unoriginal as my primary school was called St Bernadette’s.

I have a day’s holiday today. A ‘birthday day’ as we get a day off on our birthday and as mine falls on the weekend this year I’m taking it today. The heavy rain seems to have passed and if it continues to stay dry I may drag my bike out of the shed and go for a gentle spin. Then again, I might just stay on the sofa with some films.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #5

Yola, did you go on the bike or watch a film?
Dinky, I wasn't asked to choose a confirmation name, this Sunday I will take communion.
For weeks now I've been meaning to do a yoga session at home from YouTube.
Today I finally did it and I found it very hard.
I did yoga for years and was always quite stiff, I gave up when we started to swim regularly.
Today I felt as if my joints were soldered.
Ah well will try again soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-03-2021, 07:28 PM   #6

Shelley - we went for a long walk; nearly 7.5k steps - which for me is very long, haven’t done that since before the knee problems started last May. I did lots of stretches before we went and it helped. We did sneak a quick maccies and went round past the old gaol as OH wanted to see the Banksy - I’m sure you’ve read about it in the press

After that I did watch a lovely Frank Sinatra / Spencer Tracy film and then took Dom for a drive to get cat food and pick his brother up from school at 5.30. Now? Wine