Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #1

macaroon monday

Morning everyone. Bit chilly this morning but nice out on our walk. First official day of our holiday. Barney has his trial at kennels today for a few hours for his visit at the end of the month for a wedding we are going to. He also has his last training class tonight too. He has been learning a new trick for it.

Have a great day everyone

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #2

Re: macaroon monday

Morning Pamela and all to follow.Lucky you being on holiday. You must be very proud of Barney - he is doing well. I had to take the day off work today as EQC were meant to be coming for a final appointment and tell me when we have to leave the house so repair work can start. I say MEANT as the team never turned up. After spending the whole weekend decluttering and scrubbing, nothing happened!!!! .I was furious but when I rang them, they said that they had made a mistake with the date and they would contact me later to set another date. No apology . I had a cry about it then sat back and looked at my clean house (it hasn't been this clean for years) and thought that at least I got rid of a lot of clutter.. Speaking of macaroons, I adore the salted caramel ones.

Back at work tomorrow, so am off to bed now. Hope everyone is well and all cats, kittens and dogs are happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #3

How frustrating for you Dinky- it sounds as though you need a lot of patience at the moment. I do hope that you get everything sorted and in the meantime can enjoy the de clutter! OH is de-cluttering at the moment which means he empties his room into the rest of the house.... I'll be having words later!
I hope you are enjoying your break Pamela and that Barney enjoys the kennel.
It has turned very November-ish here, grey and chilly. Saturday here was lovely and we went for a walk at Wicken Fen which is a stunning landscape. Yesterday was wet and windy so it was a day for domestic chores- not helped by the 'de-cluttering'!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

Afternoon Pamela and CS and anyone who patters along later and evening dinky. You must be made of stern stuff dinky to have put up with all the earthquake trauma and then have those folk let you down without an apology .... I hope you get it all sorted and have somewhere comfy to live in very soon.

Horrid grey wet day here ........ I'm in the scriptorium this afternoon. Shelley, sorry not to have answered your query about the tea-towel! The calligraphy class members are all contributing something to a tea-towel design and the theme is herbs and spices. I am "doing" Borage, I'm not having trouble with the ideas but the execution!!

More fireworks last night and although Monty started off shivering and trembling, he did settle without Valerian drops and was asleep when the pops and bangs increased and he did not wake up, so he must have been exhausted from his day out at the dog show. Lots of signs up for more fireworks next weekend. AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH.

Hope all manage to stay warm and dry today. Chin tickles and ear rubs to all Catsey pets.

Meant to say: Autumn weight duvet finally put on the bed - forecast is frosty later this week. Winter draws on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #5

Good afternoon all! Again I'm apologising for my lack of input recently, I've looked in once or twice but haven't posted. I had a bit of a scare on the weekend, which Shelley and Angie know about from 'the other place' Pearla went out on Saturday morning and i didn't see her all day, by the evening when the fireworks started and the weather got wilder, I was frantic. Searched high and low, the rain beat me back inside. Anyway, by the next morning it was light and i renewed my search, I found her stuck in the old aviary behind box shelving- phew! I had been in there and called but she has a quiet miaow and I didn't hear her over the rain. At least she was dry and safe during the storm and fireworks, but I didn't know that did I?
She's grounded now!

Squally sort of day here, heavy showers and had got colder too. I'm digging out my winter woolies too. We are off to Weston super Mare on Friday for the weekend, for a Tinsel and Turkey stay at the Ocean Hotel. I may take a hot water bottle and warm pi's in case.

Hugs to you all and special comforting ear tickles to our furry friends over the pyrotechnics episodes to come.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #6

evening all from dank, dark Preston , as you can see i am pleased to be home,lol.
Had a good journey after giving the caravan a good clean, have to drain down the water system now each time we visit.
Nette, you are having fun and games with your two girls, glad Pearla was safe the other night.
Angie, the tea towel project sounds interesting.
Pamela, what special trick has Barney learned ?
CS, hope you are de-cluttered now.
Dinky sorry the Eqc people didnt turn up

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Good luck with Barney, hope he does his new trick. So glad you found Pearla, it is awful when pets go missing, especially at this time of year. Thankfully only Tess is nervous of the bangs.

Dinky, how awful for you. What a let down. The upside is you have a clean house. I'm not surprised you had a cry, I would have too. CS, I wish I could de clutter, but I love everything we have!!! Angie, hope your OH is better and the tea towel progresses.