Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #1

Choux Bun Sunday

I'm starting a patisserie themed thread have my mind on cakes today. Not usually a sweet toothed bod but lately I've been wanting all sorts of desserts and creamy pastries. Yesterday I had to stop at Greggs and get one of those coffee iced buns, I had the need for sugar.

Today is a slow day, the leaves have certainly changed colour now and the wind has picked up making it feel cooler. Although dry at the moment I don't think it will last. We had a soaking last night, I need to put down dry straw for the chooks again. I've taken photos of my light Sussex girls- called Maud and Mabel will upload to Pbucket when I get a chance.

Have a sweet Sunday take care xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Re: Choux Bun Sunday

Morning posh and those to follow. A cake would be nice!!!

It's pouring down here. We just got in before it came down. Found a burnt out car on the woods tracks today so phoned 101 to report it so hopefully they find the owner.

Got shopping to do and not much else planned as it's too wet!!

Took the surrendered dog to its foster home last night and had a text this morning to say he settled well last night. Pleased to hear that.

Hope everyone stays dry and warm today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #3

Morning PP and Pamela. It's dry here atm and the sun is trying to break through the cloud. Hope it does and stays out for Schnauzerfest walk at West Wittering this afternoon.

Buns PP??? I know we both have Pinterest boards and I've been drawn to photos of Petit Fours, so pretty. Don't actually want to eat them, just look - crazy or what? I look forward to seeing Maud and Mabel - lovely names, I had an "aunty" Maud (not a relative) who I liked a lot and my paternal g/m was Mabel.

Good news about the surrendered dog Pamela, nice to hear he's settled in his foster home. Hope your rain stops and your shopping gets done in the dry!

Enjoy your Sunday peeps.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #4

Good morning Posh Puss, Pamela ,Angieh and all to follow.Sometimes it's lovely to have something sweet and decadent PP.We've got a fancy donut shop just down from our work and they are delicous. Would love to see some photos of the chooks when you have time.
Pamela, glad the springer spaniel is settling in well. Must be very confusing for the poor guy. Hope he gets a wonderful home.
Angieh, enjoy your walk this afternoon. Hope it stays fine for you.

Spent today trying to declutter and pack up. I've finally heard from EQC who want to start repairs on the house in December or January. I opted for after xmas if possible but will have to get out for about 4 months. It will be a nightmare and I am worried about my cats. They may have to go into a boarding facility unless I can find a rental that will allow them all.Wish me luck .Structural engineers are coming around on 3 November AGAIN to do another check on the house and then I'll know more.

I'm off to bed now. Have a great day everyone.