Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #1

Sunflower Saturday

Morning all! Another funny day weather-wise, overcast, damp but not raining, not cold. Like yesterday, sun trying to come through but not making it yet. Ah well, perhaps it will manage something later on.

Our tomato sauce turned out fine yesterday so we are going to use some of it today with a roasted ratatouille with sausages and mash for supper. A friend gave me HF-W's veg book for a present a while ago and I'm only just getting into it - some fab looking recipes. I am thinking about becoming a vegetarian again (was a veggie for about 4 years before I got married). All sorts of things are pointing that way for me and I think we ignore signposts with caution. I know Shelley and CS are veggies - anyone else? I don't think I could be vegan though.

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Shelley - it sounded as if you were beginning to do stuff yesterday which must mean you are on the mend. Hope your cough didn't keep you awake last night?

Have a good day. My Kizzy has been very affectionate this morning, so I pass on Kizzy purrs and face rubs to Catsey cats - bet they will look surprised!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #2

Re: Sunflower Saturday

Hi Angie and those to follow.

Angie, glad your tomatoe sauce worked out for you. I have never been Veggie, dont think i could to be honest but admire those who are.

I have been out on an unexpected photography shoot with a friend who was at the kelpies so went and joined her and ended up in a few beautiful places!! I focussed on taking photos of dogs in the area though as im looking at a new wee business venture!!!

Going out again on Tuesday night to take night shots of the kelpies lit up looking forward to that.

Heading off to the driving range later with OH and his friend and then he is going for a couple of beers with his friend so i will have the house to myself until i go and pick him up

Thanks for the purrs and face rubs i am passing them on to my lot

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #3

Hi Angie and Pamela, and all.

The weather is exactly the same here too Angie, funny old day. I'm grateful it's fine though, as my tumble drier has given up the ghost, the rads are on this evening but today I've dried clothes on the airer and on the line.

I've caught up on my Downton Abbey and the last one of The Village, that was a fantastic series I'm in all night tonight watching Dr Who and Strictly & Casualty; I love the Autumn evenings. Pyjamas on and TV dinners- such fun!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #4

evening Angie, Pamela, Nette and anyone else who looks in.
Feeling quite a bit better now, still coughing and headachy from time to time but definately on the mend.
Could do with some of your tomato chilli sauce to blast it away Angie. I've been vegetarian since about the age of 6 years, don't remember why i stopped eating meat, i've never eaten fish. As a child apparently if i didn't like the smell of something i wouldn't eat it. Some of the cheeses i eat now smell terrible,lol.
Pamela, a new business venture sounds interesting.
Nette, yes the village was really good, did you watch the Mill ?
Today i was off to the carboot and then we took the dogs for an off lead walk by the river.
We then cleared the garage out and went to the tip.
I then spent the afternoon getting things ready for a doll fair in London next weekend.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #5

Don't think I could manage being a veggie, I'd have to be vegan. Thank you Kizzy and Angie, will pass them on. Managed to get washing out this afternoon, leaving it out overnight.

Watching The Patriot at the mo. I know Mel Gibson is a bit of an idiot but I like his films.

The Kelpies are beautiful Pamela, we have got men standing in the sea. Not quite as beautiful.

Managed to finish sewing my 9 years sober card, just need to make it up now. One the 'girls' at lunch on Tuesday is 9 on Wednesday. Sent the 60 years old one off to Gozo yesterday with some Blue John earrings.Just the graduation card now then start on the Christmas cards.