Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-09-2014, 11:29 AM   #1

Weigela Wednesday

My spring flowering variegated weigela is flowering again, so that's why today's title! I've also got flowers on my Rosemary bush .......... been an odd year. I suspect it's because of the cold August and warm September plants are thinking it's spring.

We've had rain this morning but it's dry now. I hung out a very wet bathrug yesterday and have left it out so I expect it's actually dripping now.

Hope everyone is feeling OK this morning, even people who are over 700 years old - I would think an archaeologist might feel at home with that!!!!

Chin tickles to Catsey cats and dogs from me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Weigela Wednesday

afternoon angie, i'm afraid i'm not feeling ok, this cold has really got a hold of me.
On the plus side it's nice and sunny

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #3

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly Shelley. I hope you are being cared for properly by Malaika and Kwame?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Hope everyone is feeling OK this morning, even people who are over 700 years old - I would think an archaeologist might feel at home with that!!!!
Humph! At least being married to another one I can quote Agatha Christie and say the advantage of being married to an archaeologist is that the older you get the more interesting they find you!

Sorry to hear you are not well Shelley- am I right in thinking you work with children? September is always horrible for picking up colds for those of us who go into schools. I hope you feel better soon.

It is sunny out of one window and cloudy out of the other here!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #5

Not too bad a day here. Meeting this morning and arranged to meet 'the girls' again next week. Debbie and Emma can make it so should be fun.

Sorry about your cold Shelley, how ghastly. Hope you are getting lots of snuggles and sympathy from all your furry people.

Getting dark early now, the dreaded fox had taken a hen yesterday. We think it's probably a cub looking for an easy meal. Must have taken it during the day before OH had chance to lock them away. Maybe we should get a llama, I knew a farmer who ran a llama with his sheep, they are very good fox repellents!

Catsey Veteran

25-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Humph! At least being married to another one I can quote Agatha Christie and say the advantage of being married to an archaeologist is that the older you get the more interesting they find you!
Just one good thing about ageing then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecto's mum
Getting dark early now, the dreaded fox had taken a hen yesterday. We think it's probably a cub looking for an easy meal. Must have taken it during the day before OH had chance to lock them away. Maybe we should get a llama, I knew a farmer who ran a llama with his sheep, they are very good fox repellents!
Sorry to hear about the chook - never knew that about llamas.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #7

thanks for the sympathy Angie, FM and CS and yes i do work with children.