Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #1

First Thursday

Morning from a dark wet Hants/West Sussex border and it's not going to get better according to the forecast.

What a day for me to be starting my calligraphy course! There might be some damp paper about and running ink ...... I hope that the hall will be bright, so I can see and I have been warned that it's not warm, so I'll take an extra fleece with me and my new hand-warmer. I also hope that the group is welcoming and that we will be able to make tea!

I hope everyone has a good day and stay dry and warm, extra Catsey cat cuddles to our furry friends from me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #2

Re: First Thursday

Afternoon all really busy here today - but glad.
Took Bella to the vets today for her booster - but as the paperwork is none sketchy to say the least regarding her inoculations have decided to start again so back again in 2weeks for the other one. Then she is covered - we went into the vets and a bit of a queue which is unusual but apparently they had had an emergency in a dog run over. They had rung me but I had left already so in the waiting room - one English bulldog (really nice and friendly) a cat in a carrier, an elderly beagle 17 (gorgeous old girl called Bracken) and then in came a patterdale terrier all hyper....but Bella was brilliant she just sat and waited and the vet actually said "she is the nicest natured dog I have dealt with in the last maybe 2 weeks"

So I am chuffed to bits all my hard work is paying off and she is behaving as I would want she stood in the vets as she has learnt just waiting for a treat from my pocket and gave the vet Staffie kisses.

Well chuffed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #3

evening all.
Angie, hope your course went well today.
Karen, how nice that Bella was a good girl at the vets, nice to see results.
Hard day at work for me.
My life gets better and better, both my cousins babies have problems, my sons dad has had heart attack, my parents have had problems and the house is empty without Tuppy.
Going to get some things ready to take to london this weekend, i'm away with friends for another doll fair.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Kazz - it's lovely to hear praise for Bella from her vet! Well done you.

Shelley, so sorry to hear what a hard time you are having. Hope you enjoy your w/end and manage to destress.

My calligraphy group was good - I am glad I joined. Nice bunch of "older" ladies, all very welcoming. Nice young lady joined today with me. Now, I just need to PRACTICE!

OH has gone out to a golfy-do ....... I have the log burner lit and have just had bacon and egg for supper. Just going to sit in front of the fire with the dogs now.

Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #5

evening everyone, not had a chance to get on today. work then my first home check for springer rescue!! i will catch up hopefully tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #6

Sorry I'm late checking in. No excuses really, I've not done much all day but Tom was on his Minecraft game on the Mac for ages and I couldn't get online.

Good news, the scaffolding is down --

The weather has been bad today and not looking much better for tomorrow. Nice to know that the vet loves Bella, and that she's been a well behaved girl. Pearla has her booster next Monday, hope she follows her example.
Calligraphy sounds like a lovely Winter hobby Angie, my handwriting has never been the best but since using a keyboard it's gone shockingly bad. Shelley I know how much you are missing Tuppy, two weeks have passed and it still feels raw for me. Posh was so special and close to me.

Onwards and upwards, making last minute plans for the holiday, it won't be long now.