Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #1

Slow start to Monday

For us to have our daily chats.

Saying that I've had a quiet day so not much news.
Yesterday was good the Apple Festival at Tretower Court was fun and informative. There were local beekeepers there too chat to and I got honey and beeswax from them.

There were 33 varieties of apples grown in the Usk valley and some were tiny about the size of grapes and others large cookers. All had fascinating names, robin pippins, rose weasels (!) and somertons, a few I can remember.

Some re-enacters were there in medieval dress employed in their crafts, a wool spinner, barber-surgeon, musketeer, monk etc. All very informative about their skills and they called you 'mistress' or sire, all very jolly

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #2

Re: Slow start to Monday

Evening PP - glad you enjoyed the apple fair, very traditional event .... harvest, gathering apples for cider and honey for mead. Did the beekeepers think it had been a better year for bees?

Not much happening here. Hope all are well and that our Catsey cats and other furry friends are also in fine fettle!