Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #1

sad sunday

I am sad but I hope you are not.Howard James and Jade have all gone home, we have all had a wonderful time and the caravan feels empty.Going to keep busy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #2

Re: sad sunday

Good Sunday afternoon all - sorry you are sad, Shelley. I was feeling sad this morning but Kizzy came and sat on me and purrrrred me better. My little darling.

It was overcast and rained a bit earlier but is now bright with a breeze and blue sky. OH and I have taken our tax returns to the accountant, so hopefully that is over for another year. I think my business will make a loss this last year - work is very slow.

In answer to yesterday's Q, Kazz, Dora swiped the sausage! Let's hope we manage to keep her clear of the bacon and eggs this evening!

Have a peaceful day folks. I am liking The Dalai Lama's cat - a good book to breathe to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #3

afternoon everyone. its lovely here today.

Shelley sorry to hear that evetyone has left now.
Angie, sorry yo hear that you have also been feeling sad. glad kizzy cheered you up.

we took barney to a dog day in Plean park. stressful to start with as he wouldn't behave on the lead and dnapped at another dog when OH had him. I took over and put the gentle leader on him and had no problems. he is learning and seems to be lead reactive which wr will speak to the trainer about tomorrow.

kazz, the answer to what I made for dinner last night. I made chicken noodle soup to start with then Matheson smoked sausage with pepper and red onion on top of rice. also put a spice in it for flavour and served with garlic bread. For dessert I cheated and bought strawberry cheesecake and chocolate cake

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #4

Angie,glad kizzy cheered you up.
Pamela,the dog day sounds great.we find the gentle leader useful for calming Kwame.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
18-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #5

Evening all, it's been a mixed day of sun and showers but that hasn't stopped me. I forgot to say I'm doing dog sitting duty for my daughter, Poppy is a JRT that doesn't like cats so can't stay with us unfortunately but she's a sweetie who has boundless energy. I've been staying down the house and leaving her overnight in her cage, she's fine with that and so far no mess in the mornings.

Been watching the athletics and enjoying that, I admire their commitment and courage.

No other news, nice Sunday lunch enjoyed and now a quiet night of R&R.

Glad all our cats and dogs are behaving themselves, even Dora the sausage stealer

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #6

Hello all.

Quiet day here - cleared the garden where the fence men are coming tomorrow.
Having fish salad & rice for dinner today as well its just a slob about day Dad is having steamed plaice with bread butter.
Made a batch of meringues today so going to have that crumbled in cream with the left over kiwi and banana for tea....and I have just spotted a stray apricot so could add that...

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #7

Okay update on the pudding front had a meringue each resting on sliced banana with a bit of banoffee ice cream in the centre (made some meringues as nests - topped that with sliced kiwi fruit then another bit of ice cream and the stray apricot sliced on top apricot......and have to say scrumptious.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
I am sad but I hope you are not.Howard James and Jade have all gone home, we have all had a wonderful time and the caravan feels empty.Going to keep busy.
But if they don't go then you don't have the same excitement when they arrive.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Good Sunday afternoon all - sorry you are sad, Shelley. I was feeling sad this morning but Kizzy came and sat on me and purrrrred me better. My little darling.

It was overcast and rained a bit earlier but is now bright with a breeze and blue sky. OH and I have taken our tax returns to the accountant, so hopefully that is over for another year. I think my business will make a loss this last year - work is very slow.

In answer to yesterday's Q, Kazz, Dora swiped the sausage! Let's hope we manage to keep her clear of the bacon and eggs this evening!

Have a peaceful day folks. I am liking The Dalai Lama's cat - a good book to breathe to.
Will look for that Angie sounds a good read. Sorry to hear work is a little slow, hope you managed to hold onto your bacon though.

Catsey Veteran

18-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamela81
afternoon everyone. its lovely here today.

Shelley sorry to hear that evetyone has left now.
Angie, sorry yo hear that you have also been feeling sad. glad kizzy cheered you up.

we took barney to a dog day in Plean park. stressful to start with as he wouldn't behave on the lead and dnapped at another dog when OH had him. I took over and put the gentle leader on him and had no problems. he is learning and seems to be lead reactive which wr will speak to the trainer about tomorrow.

kazz, the answer to what I made for dinner last night. I made chicken noodle soup to start with then Matheson smoked sausage with pepper and red onion on top of rice. also put a spice in it for flavour and served with garlic bread. For dessert I cheated and bought strawberry cheesecake and chocolate cake
That sounds lovely I may steal the rice and smoked sausage idea sounds scrumptious.

Being a bit dense here what does being lead reactive mean? a friend has a gentle leader for her dog and finds it a blessing.
How is the collar search going?