Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #1

Happy Holiday Monday

What a glorious day here , hope you have been as lucky as we are in the Valleys.

I blitzed the garden, sweeping, weeding and beheading dandelions in the grass, spent a good two hours bending over and my back and knees are aching now. It feels good though. I'm looking forward to getting new plants in but I need to touch up parts of the breeze block wall that this winter has just ruined- the blocks have 'blown' and parts of them have fallen off. The nice bright creamy yellow colour is pitted with old grey block. I will get a skip soon and chuck out old pots and bits of fencing that have been piled high in one corner.

It's great to feel work-ish and the sun really recharges my batteries The cats have been basking inside and out, what a great life they lead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #2

Re: Happy Holiday Monday

Evening posh, sounds like you have been busy in the garden today. Its been damp and rainy at times herebut we managed to do another 8.5mile cycle. Went looking for specialized pedals and shoes for my bike today (shoes for me, pedals for the bike lol) Made steak pie, chips and garlic bread tonight using thr normal oven and the halogen oven so turned out not too bad, angel delight for dessert

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #3

evening PP,Pamela and anyone else.
PP sounds like you have got a lot done in the garden, we too have lots of dandylions, they seem to just spring from nowhere, must get some weed killer.
Pamela, you have had a very energetic weekend with all you're bike rides.
I was up early carbooting again, we then sunbathed for a while in the garden. After taking the dogs to the river for a run we spent a very enjoyable few hours in a neighbours garden, finishing off with an indian takeaway. Altogether a lovely weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #4

Hi all - yes lovely here today too and I've been in the garden and planted some seeds. It's a really good year for dandelions! I think I need a tortoise!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #5

Well evening all.

Went over to my Aunts and took her out for lunch she really enjoyed it. Came home and had dinner.

My knee is playing up will ring the Doctors at the end of the week if I do not hear by then about the MRI. But no the end of the world.