Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

Marathon Sunday

G'morning!

Watching the amazing athletes doing the 26 and a bit miles around London. The elite and para-athletes and the charity runners, putting me to shame as I sit around in my fluffy dressing gown Well I can only support them and send good vibes to them. Thoughts & prayers are with the people of Boston today too.

In my little household all is calm. Each puss is staking a claim to places in the house for a quiet life. Posh has decided the igloo I bought her for Christmas, which up until now has been ignored, is a cosy nook for sleeps and a place which the interlopers will not dare tread!

Pearla has claimed the top of the cat tree, or our bed in the spare room while Pandora has the cushions on the table in the spare room or the windowsill when curious. Pand's scar was looking swollen yesterday and I was thinking of checking it out with the vet but only the on call was available so I managed with difficulty to swab it with warm water and dry it and it looks better today. I have caught her licking a few times and discouraged her but I cannot bank on her not doing it again. Her sutures are intact though, and we have a check up tomorrow with my vet in the afternoon.

No cooking for me today, having lunch with my parents at theirs. Love my dad's cooking, he makes a wonderful roast.

Have a good Sunday. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #2

Re: Marathon Sunday

Morning all.
Went to an 18th bithday party last night (I feel old)but the party went well and my friend whose daughter's birthday it was was very relieved it had gone well.
So Saturday was a lovely day here but an end that went well into Sunday hence tha late start today.

Lovely day here planning on a bike ride or walk today too the weight loss I mentioned the other day is not due to illness nor really dieting however I have upped the excercise and tried to be aware of the snacks.

I was so caught up yesterday that I totaly forgot briefly about the marathon I think my cousin is running again she ran last year with her club. Not sure about this year.

P.P. Thats brilliant news about the cats - sensible ad no major confrontation - looks like things will go well. I am sure Pandora's scar will be fine as long as the stitches stay in place.
Enjoy your lunch what are you having or is it a surprise.

Pamela hope your party went well and that your walk goes well today, I will be thinking of you. I have to agree I find hairdressers boring too.

Angie - nothing apart from the MRI date for my knee but I will survive, hope your auto vents have been restored to working order. Your computer must be really poorly if not fixed.

Anyhow everyone have a brilliant day....I intend to. I have painting well glossing to finish on the landing and and bedroom doors this week.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #3

morning everyone.
PP hope you enjoy you're meal and glad Pandora is ok.
Sorry to hear about you're sore knee, Karen, must have missed something.
There is a man running in the marathon for the charity i work for, he is wearing a rainbow afro wig.
Pamela, hope you're walk goes well.
Today we have my eldest son and fiance over for a meal and yesterday my parents called so nice family weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #4

Happy Sunday all. Started off with frost this morning, then it was sunny and got quite warm and then clouded over and the wind got up, so a mixed day.

OH took Monty to agility and he did well - Monty, not so much OH! The agility trainer took to spraying Monty with a water bottle at his first look at the horses, which put him off immediately. He was good for the rest of the session.

Mistress Kizzy has been feeling the joys of spring - she was very interested in play this morning. If I can, I try and play with Kizzy and Pip while the dogs are out for their morning walk. Some days they are more interested than others. Wish I'd had someone videoing this morning, she was delightful.

Well done to all those marathon runners! And I hope Pamela managed to complete her walk successfully too.

Hope you all had a good day.