Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #1

Monday musings

Hello all.

I'm waiting for the rescue centre to get back to me re Pandora's spay history; I've also contacted the vet, she wants to see what they say first then arrange for P's op.

A grey day here in the Valleys, need to catch up with washing etc., also still in the spare room now waiting for the bedroom to be painted, so still sorting boxes- why have I kept so many empty shoe boxes? A bit loathe to get rid of them as I may need them again.

How's your knee Yola?

Alex, glad you all enjoyed the Doctor Who exhibition, it's on my to do list, I'm so close it will be a shame to miss it.

Angie I didn't realise Monty and Dora did agility, that's great! good fun and great exercise - all round

Connected to EE broadband this morning, my BT account was creeping up and up, so trying these out now. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly- I'm not great with technology.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #2

Re: Monday musings

Afternoon! Well, another bad and painful night and not long back from the docs. I have - like Karen - a torn cartilege. I have an exercise sheet but need to go to orthoapedics and get x-rayed and possibly have some keyhole surgery In the meantime, it's a real struggle to get around as my knee also does this locking thing and then almost immediately 'unlocks' and gives way. All I can say is thank heaven I have dado rails all the way up the stairs as |I need them in addition to the banisters tto support me as I move around.

Other than that, it's sunny here, cats are out in the garden, boys have been and are now infront of tv. Must make a concerted effort to do some piano practice and spellings with them.

Nette - hope you get Pandora (is she Pandy for short ) sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3

afternoon all.
sorry to hear about you're sore knee Yola, sounds very painful.
Came back home yesterday, not happy at all, i want to go back,lol.
Tuppence was pleased to see us and wants fuss and attention.
Done a small food shop to keep us going and catching up on washing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
15-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #4

afternoon everyone, not much to report today, had a busy weekend dog and cat sitting so thats why i wasnt around. Heading to the shops with my friend after work to get clothes for the charity walk on sunday!! cant believe its nearly here!! Also trying to take note of what im eating as i think i may have an intolerance to a certain ingredient in foods so going through the elimination process

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #5

Just to report, Pandora (yes, we call her, Pandy, Panda and Dora, Yola ) is to be spayed on Wednesday. There was a mix up at the vets that the Rescue use. They shaved her and thought they could feel a scar so didn't proceed with the op. The lady at the Rescue apologised profusely and said that they would cover the costs if I could take Pandora back to their vets, but I have already sorted it with my regular firm. She can get some dental work done while she's 'under' too.

As Friends of the Animals is a charity it helps then to be able to treat another cat/dog if I undertake this work.

Shelley, glad you enjoyed your time away, back to reality now.

Pamela, good luck with the walk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

PP - glad Pandora is being sorted on Wednesday - I'll be thinking of you then!

OH does the agility with Monty and has been doing so since Monty was old enough - he's been going once a week for almost a year now. If the weather is nice I go along and watch. Dora has been to two puppy introductions but can't do a proper class until around September when she'll be old enough. I think Dora is going to be rather good and will probably be too quick for OH to run - we may have to find someone else to run her. We are fairly certain now that she is a lurcher collie X and so is just the right sort to be good at agility. Monty is OK when he decides he wants to do it, but he'll never be quick enough to compete. That's fine, we only do it for fun!!!