Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #1

Turbulent Tuesday

Well we have had very icey winds the last few days and today is no different, feels like Norway out there again today.
Almost over slept due to not having set my alarm, fortunately Rayne comes for a cuddle at the same time every morning, this can and does send me back into a deep sleep but this morning she kicked me which made me jump.
Oh well, dogs to walk, cats to feed.
Last year I cut back on the clients I will house sit for, leaving me with one regular client who goes away often and the only one that I walk the dogs for on a regular basis. Sadly the womans young daughter has been diagnosed with breast cancer, so understandably, she wont be going on many trips this year. Its so sad, her daughter is only 30 with a young baby. I sincerely wish her a full recovery.
Anyhoo, have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #2

Re: Turbulent Tuesday

Morning Elaine and all of you.

Elaine thats terrible terrible news what a shock to them all. Its like the advert I do not like it makes me shudder and yet is very good at doing what it sets out to do. The advert where "cancer" is talking and the advert says research is the enemy. Its so true.

Anyway great quiz last night, nice to see so many people attending it.
I am back at work tonight everyone stay upright and try to win any snowball fights you enter into......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3

Morning Elaine, Kazz. No wind here, but very heavy cloud and raw outside. OH took the dogs over the field and made a video of them playing. He's got some editing to do but I'll post a link when he's finished.

Sorry about your client's daughter Elaine. I do hope that she gets all the care she needs and makes a good recovery.

I have some more transcription work to do today, so must get on with that.

The quiz was really good last evening - the number of folk that joined in must be a record for a good while. I'll never think of penguins quite the same again, poor loves.

Have a good day folk, stay safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

afternoon all, yes the quiz was great last night, i enjoyed it so much
Elaine, very sorry to hear of you're clients daughter, hope she has a complete recovery.
How are Rayne's paws now ?
Karen , hope you're Dad is ok as well as Sal
Angie, hope Dora didn't howl last night
Been out on two dog walks today, much more enjoyable than struggling with two.
Kwame was quite good but scared of all the snowmen he saw
Malaika is a treat to walk and as she is better with other dogs than Kwame i can actualy stop for a chat sometimes.
Cancelled Chris swimming tonight and a visit to my parents, the snow is now melting but will likely freeze tonight.
Heard from an old friend via fb which is nice, also had two emails, one about the steam cleaner day and one to say the meatloaf tickets are on there way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #5

Afternoon all . . . I've been working from home this morning as have had 2 lots of writing to do and also a door delivery AND a builder. This builder seems a slice short of the full loaf and he creeped me out a bit. He didn't seem to understand what I was asking him to do regarding our chimney breast. Hey ho the world is full of builders

Shelley - I got an email regarding the steam mop thing. I envisaged it being in Birmingham (as that is where the agency who are running the event are based) but thankfully it seems to be in London which is an easier run for me.

I have stuck my nose outside today and it's really icy cold . . . skidded the boys up to school earlier and am hoping it will have thawed a bit by tonight. Heating is running full blast in here but my toes and fingers are still stiff with cold.

I had huge fun at the quiz last night too - actually remembered to log on, thanks to there being nothing on tv and more of the same nothing on iPlayer/4OD. I promise I will do my best to attend more.

Keep warm and save everyone

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
22-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #6

We are so far avoiding the worst of the bad weather here, still cold though. After today I am off for 2 days, can't wait. Last week was the week from h*ll, having to reapply for my job and my house got broken into on saturday night. Consigning that week to the bin. Keep safe and warm everyone x http ://i.imgur.com/8vCpFuH.gif hope this works, it's so cute. No laptop just now either

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #7

Pauline, did you get you're own job ?
Yola, i didn't realise it would be London, i too assumed Birmingham. I will be emailing to say we won't be going too far

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #8

Oh dear Pauline what a terrible week for you, better to bin it.

Yola Shelley are you planning a meeting.....over steam cleaner?????

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #9

Karen, unfortunately i cannot go down to London, just too far for us, i'm away the week before working. The link we were given made it sound as if it was being held in Birmingham which would have been fine. I'm quite dissapointed

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
22-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #10

I will be assessed for my position next month and should hear by Feb 14th if I have been successful. It will be a nice Valentine's present