Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #1

Superb Saturday

Good morning one and all.

There is a little bit of drizzle here but been out with Sal and got the papers on the way back.

Not got a great deal planned for today still got to return the saucepans.....talking about that Shelley did you get any where returning your poorly performing pans?

And the new about New York marathon I think is surprising given New Yorks' "never give in attitude"but have not been watching the events so may catch up on that this weekend.

Thinking of putting a tall larder unit in the kitchen watching Mom struggle to get something out of the bottom cuboard yesterday - may well pop over to work get the bits and put it together today in fact will I think. Came to me on the way to get the papers this morning - think and action could be my watch word for the weekend.

Hope everyone is good - I feel on top of the world, no idea why may also have a bit of abrowse around our Christmas presents have a money limit this year £20 a person.....so of to have a look around so I can see what I fancy......and have a look for Mom. Looking for handcream - she likes in fact I know exactly where to get it House Fraser. But always worth a wander around with no stress.
Looking forward to Christmas this year. Less is more, and of course Halloween went well we were decorated and kids who called were brilliant and very polite.

So have a good day all. Fish and and chips for dinner tonight I think from the chippy, or could be homemade curry not sure which yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #2

Re: Superb Saturday

Morning Kazz! I do love your upbeat posts, certainly get the day off to a good start. It's beautiful here this morning - sunny, warm out of the wind, wall to wall blue.

OH is feeling a lot better this morning, thanks for all your good vibes yesterday, they must have helped. He is a little sore around his back, but is feeling much better. He slept for 5 hours yesterday afternoon but got up in the evening and had a light supper and sat by the fire. He also slept well last night.

But poor Monty ................. our neighbours opposite had fireworks. Monty didn't seem troubled last year but there was nothing so close. He was a shivering quivering sorry little dog last night and ended up hiding behind the sofa well after the fireworks had finished. Neighbours have a young son, so I expect it will continue now for many years. I expect tonight may also be bad, but hopefully not so near and now we are forewarned that Monty is likely to react, I will make sure he's somewhere in the middle of the house where he cannot see or hear anything, probably in his crate in the hall will be best with the doors closed. Neither Pip nor Kizzy reacted at all, apart from Pip went to sit near his chum Monty when the poor wee dog was trembling so badly and had taken refuge in one of the back of the house areas. I HATE FIREWORKS! Public displays only IMO.

Not sure what's for supper. I got some meatballs out last night for pasta but we didn't have it so we should eat them tonight instead. See what OH feels like.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #3

Morning everyone. Its A lovely sunny but icy day here today.

Kazz sounds like you have a busy day today!! Hope you get it all done.
Angie, glad your OH is feeling better today. Hope monty is ok today as being frightened by the fireworks.

We are at OH nanas as she's not very well today so over making tea and toast for her. I'm also feeling better today thankfully. We are heading out later to look at motorbike things as im doing my CBT tomorrow!!

Hope everyone has a good day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #4

Morning Pamela - glad you are feeling better. I had to Google CBT - Good Luck tomorrow!

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #5

Angie maybe you should now start to desensitive him and maybe record loud bans I think you can buy a tape or loud noises therefore getting him used to them. Can't hurt I don't think.

Morning both too Pamela what is a CBT?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #6

Thanks angie Kazz CBT is compulsory basic training for motorbikes which lets me ride a 125cc bike with L plates for 2 years or i can do my direct access which is for riding biker bikes which i hope to eventually do.

Catsey Veteran

03-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #7

Wow motorbikes..................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #8

Evening all.
Good luck tomorrow Pamela.
Angie, glad you're o/h is feeling better, hope little Monty is ok.
We are away from it all at the moment but will no doubt be in the thick of it when we return. Hope the little outdoor cat is ok.
Karen, re the pans, no I got nowhere with it. Couldn't seem to contact swan direct and was advised to contact a general distribution centre. I sent pictures of the damaged pans but they were unable to help. I didn't bother taking them back to the shop as I'd binned the receipt. I binned the pans also and won't buy swan again.
Cold, sunny day today, three beach walks and a visit to Stranraer. Found some really decent binoculars in the charity shop, two books and a tide clock.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #9

Hi all,
Given we live in the middle of nowhere it has been surprisingly noisy tonight. The cats are fine but I'm a nervous wreck- I hate fireworks! Hope the little outdoor cat is OK shelley.
Good luck with the CBT Pamela. Glad your OH is feeling better Angie and sympathy to Monty- I agree with him. Hope you had fun shopping Kazz? I've been trying to find a birthday present for my OH- I've got a few bits and pieces but he is quite hard to buy for.