Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #1

Sunny Saturday

Bit late for a daily thread, but here goes .....

Nice day here weather-wise. OH and I went to get our 'flu jabs at the walk in clinic this morning. This was the 2nd Saturday morning for immunisation, the letter had said "don't come early as it was very busy last year" - everyone had taken note and gone later, including us. We were queued outside the surgery door, very glad it wasn't raining. A real stinging jab this year, so hope it does the trick. OH and I keep saying "Ow!" to each other.

Anyway, a treat needed so having beef and ale pie for supper with mustard mash. I've also started a rhubarb and ginger vodka to infuse but sadly that won't be ready for drinking for quite a while. We bottled a sloe gin that had been spiced with cinnamon and star anise (Truthisouthere's recipe) and left since last year. Really beautiful. Sad there's only 2 bottles and a half bottle "taster".

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. What are you all having for supper???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
06-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #2

Re: Sunny Saturday

Hi Angie, your booze concoctions sound intriguing! I hope to go sloe picking tomorrow but you have inspired me to try something new.
Sunny day here too. Domestic stuff and singing took up much of the day. Quiet here isn't it!
Supper was bagels with cream cheese, salmon and rocket- a lazy Saturday ' can't be bothered to cook' affair accompanied by Badgers Poacher ale.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #3

Re: Sunny Saturday

Hiya I am home..................will post tomorrow.