Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #1

Glorious Saturday

Lovely here today, hear it's deteriorating tomorrow, so we made the most of it and had a good walk with Monty and met loads of doggy friends. A newcomer, 5 month old labrador was especially good at non-stop play and Monty obliged! Only down point was I scraped a bit of a ruckle blister on my heel, but have a plaster on it and my clogs so hopefully it will heal up quickly.

We are meant to be going on a Schnauzer walk tomorrow, but given the forecast we may have to give it a miss. Very sad, we were looking forward to an estimated 36 or so Schnauzers and loads of forum folk in The New Forest, so I will be very sad not to go. OH has said that he's not driving down the motorway in heavy rain, getting soaked and then driving home again with wet things, even though we do have waterproofs. He begun to win me over when he pointed out that Monty won't wear his waterproof and will be a very wet, cold dog coming home. One thing I don't like about Schnauzer's coats is they are not waterproof at all and don't give the dogs any protection, hence we do have a nice waterproof coat for him, but he won't move with it on!

I am going to pot up my scented geraniums this afternoon and get them ready for bringing indoors. Drip trays have arrived, as has the etager, so hopefully I can bring them indoors later today.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #2

Re: Glorious Saturday

Afternoon Angie, i hope the weather stays dry for your walk tomorrow would be great to see soo many schnauzers together.

We went for 2 walks today. 1 round a lovely reservoir and the other was up a hill to another reservoir staying at OH's folks house tonight as we are watching his sisters 2 kids tomorrow as she has to work. I will be leaving early to come home and see to the monsters though in the morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #3

evening Angie and Pamela, glad you both had nice walks today. How nice that there are schnauzer walks, in the Basenji world i guess we are all to far apart and also the majority of Basenji people just seem interested in showing.
Wonder if Karen has gone yet ?
Busy day for us, out early for the car boot where i managed to find a lovely retro 60's cat ornament.
We then took the dogs to a paws in the park event, pleased to say they both behaved very well. we spent plenty of money on the rescue stalls and treated the dogs to some home baked biscuits.
I have a little feline lodger living with us at the moment.
Trishka belongs to my son and his fiance, they are moving into another flat and so we are looking after Trishka for a few days. Nice to have a cat around again, she is a house cat and will live upstairs which is a dog free area

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #4

Karen goes next Saturday 29th

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Karen goes next Saturday 29th
whoops bit early there Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #6

I had it in my head it was this w/end too Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #7

Lovely today wasn't it? Day started early with dropping of Dom for his outdoor adventure and then some housework and garden tidying + washing and drying. Then nails for me and OH to allotment with Sebi where all my sweetcorn and beetroot had been eaten! Rat? Rabbits? Don't know, but either way the poison is going down as veg all ruined

I'm v tired now so heading off to bed soon to carry on with my book, and a definite lie in tomorrow