Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #1

Is it summer Thursday?

We have heavy mist here but there's a promise of sun behind it!
I have one of my nieces staying for a few days so I'm waiting for her to wake up so we can decide what to do with the day. She is nearly 18 so I'm trying to get her to make more decisions about what to do. She is a lovely girl and has come to stay with us for a few days each year for four years now but 3 days of 'I don't mind' in response to the question 'what do you fancy doing/ eating/ watching' can get a bit wearing. We are hopefully going to see an outdoor Shakespeare tonight. 1) if it isn't raining and 2) if Jess can decide which one she wants to see!
Tolly is fine with her, Smudge is a little suspicious and Cleo is staying under the bed!
I hope everyone has a nice day and gets some summer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #2

Re: Is it summer Thursday?

You may be right CS ....... all those pleas must have been heard - trouble is here some b****r of a neighbour has lit a stinky bonfire so all windows have been closed and the washing will have to go in the tumble dryer. The only thing I HATE about where I live. (goes off grumbling)

Hope you have a lovely day and Jess decides which Shakespeare she wants to see ........ what's on offer???

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #3

Morning everyone. Just at work at the moment. Wee trip to the doctors after to get my throat seen to as I was up taking painkillers during the night

Hope its sunny where everyone is and the mist cleats for you cd

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #4

Outdoor Shakespeare? Lucky you! We've done that a few times both up at Regent's Park and also in our Abbey ruins before they closed them off as 'unsafe' I hope you enjoy whichever play you end up choosing.

I hate bonfires too Angie, sitting here at the moment with a nasty chesty cough and struggling to breathe even thinking about it is making my chest tighten. Yuk.

Today is sunny so washing is on the line and I'm going to try and muster up some energy to take the boys for a bike ride alongside the canal. I have a break from writing whilst client catches up with reviewing the docs I've written before I revise and then continue with the Q&As.

Hopefully I'll have tomorrow clear too as I hope to take boys to the seaside. Might head for West Wittering again as I absolutely loved it there and maybe pop over for a quick visit with the MIL too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #5

Afternoon all.
CS I hope you and your neice enjoy the Shakespeare.
Yola, hope you and the boys enjoy the bike ride and hope you get to the seaside tomorrow.
Angie, what a pain about the bonfire.
Glorious weather here today, we spent a happy couple of hours on the beach, the dogs love paddling in the sea.
Sat outside reading Innocent Foxes by Torey Hayden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #6

Jess has decided on 'As You Like it' rather than 'King Lear' or '12th Night'. We have a picnic ready and will be off in a bit as it is in the gardens of Girton College which I don't know. I think it was originally a Woman's college so it is well away from the others so the women couldn't corrupt the men!
Sorry about the bonfire Angie, couldn't you have an " accident" with a hosepipe now the ban is lifted?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #7

Enjoy the play CS

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #8

The bonfire either got put out or died of its own accord, so it's been a good day here ...... done some gardening, OH mowed the lawns and I got my washing dry, just going to get it in!

Enjoy As You Like It, CS.