Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #1

Sun and sea Tuesday

Afternoon everyone, beautiful day here. I'm sat out on the decking listening to the sea. The sun is out and there is quite a stiff sea breeze.
This morning we were on the beach sat beside the stream as this is Malaika' favourite place. Howard thought he'd seen another dog approaching , we were amazed to discover it was an Otter, it continued towards us until it was approx 6 feet away, then entered the stream and swam to the other side.
At some point I am going to sit there again with the camera.
Later today we are going to walk on the cliffs to see if we can spot the Seals.
Hope everyone is having lovely weather too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #2

Re: Sun and sea Tuesday

Wow Shelley! Lucky you seeing an otter like that, I'm very envious. Terrific! I do hope it comes back when you have your camera set up.

Mr John Lewis arrived this morning with a new tv. I must admit I was sceptical about HD but there is a huge improvement on picture quality. So with the Tivo box which arrived yesterday and an HD tv today, we're all set to watch the rest of the Olympics and thoroughly enjoy the spectacle!

The weather in Hampshire today is dull and rather chilly. The ground was wet when we got up but there's been no rain since. Shan't be hanging any washing out today though just in case!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #3

Enjoy your new tv mrsh, I love being able to record programmes and pause tv etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

Afternoon all!

Just popping in to say Hi - I have transcription to do this afternoon, but things just keep going wrong. An unforeseen consequence of having to have a new WiFi router (due to the lightning strike a couple of weeks ago) is that my Kindle now won't connect to the network. Don't know how to put it right .... so have a call in to my techy. Had a bit of a panic when I couldn't download a chosen book. Must remember to breathe.

Wonderful seeing the otter Shelley ..... only time I've ever seen one was in Scotland. Keep an eye out for a Heron - we always said that one looked out for the other!

Enjoy your new TV MrsH - we are liking our new Sky+ box, a bit behind the times here as we don't have HD but I am expecting huge improvements when I have my eyes tested ........... free now!

We bought a new printer yesterday and I am amazed at how fast it prints. I will have to restrain myself from printing off photos though

It's chilly and overcast here too so I haven't any washing hanging out either, damp overnight. OH is out playing golf and has taken his waterproof togs. Dog training this evening.

Have a good day folks!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #5

wow thats amazing you got so close to it shelley
MrsH, hope you enjoy your new tv
Angie i hope monty is good at the training for you.

Weather is lovely here. I had my sisters 2 kids last night so we went to the town centre this morning then i walked them to a big play park. Away home now. I love having them but its great to hand them back aswell!!

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #6

Angie,I hope you have got your kindle sorted. Funny you should mention the Heron, I saw on in the same location yesterday, occasionally you can see one standing on the shoreline too.
Pamela, glad you had a nice time with your sisters kids.