Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #1

Fab sunny monday

Gorgeous again here, i'm loving it.
Taken the dogs out and now they're crashed out, as is Jerry.
Sorting out the insurance as we pick the new car up on wednesday.
Must gets some jobs done before going into the garden.
Poor Howard has a big ceiling to plaster today..........
Emma, hope you are ok and keeping yourself busy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Fab sunny monday

Morning Shelley, poor Howard plastering is hard, hot work!

It looks like today is the day I become a granny as son and wife were up all night with contractions and set off for the hospital at 7.00am so we're just excitedly waiting now! Should have news by bedtime! I must find something to do in order to keep me busy - good job I've got a pile of ironing!

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #3

How exciting mrsH, hope everything goes well for you all

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #4

Just had an update, things aren't progressing particularly quickly so they've sent her home again! The midwife says she's not enough dilated to stay in and the contractions aren't actually strong enough yet (which came as a rude awakening for the parents-to-be ) More news later...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #5

Oh dear MrsH ..... I guess it is a bit of a guessing game for first time parents. Fingers crossed it is all over with safely very soon, it must be horrid for mum-to-be in this heat.

Afternoon all ------ another gloriously sunny day here. Started off markedly cooler and nicer actually, so did some housework. Now feeling rather tired as I didn't sleep well last night.

We live in a bungalow and have had the small bedroom window open at night during the hot weather. The cats, bless 'em have decided it's fun to try to get in/out through said small window. It's too dark to see if they both manage it. I am sure Kizzy would find it no problem, but Pip is a bit chunky to fit through such a small window. The thud that woke me last night could have been him giving up and landing back on the window sill!!! Didn't get off properly after that, just dozed.

Going out soon to sit in the shade with my Kindle. Hoping to plant out peas later when it cools down a bit.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #6

just bobbed on to see if there is any news about your grandchild MrsH.
Still very hot and sunny, i managed to get some jobs done but don't feel like doing much. I've actualy put my summer clothes in the wardrobe now so the weather is sure to break,lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #7

evening everyone, just in form work, on teh late shifts this week so wont make the quiz

WE got the windscreen replaced today so OH came anf got me from work so that i could inspect the work!!

hope you have all had a lovely day

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #8

No more news, she's resting at home and managed to get a few naps during the day. She's awfully fed up!

Catsey Veteran

28-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #9

Pamela, have i missed something, what's happened to the windscreen ?
Re the quiz, i wonder if we will have enough players, if Angie and Lynz want to do it then i will do some questions.
I will be away the next week in Scotland.
MrsH thanks for the update

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
28-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #10

shelley, it must have had a stone chip on it and when OH adjusted the interior mirror yesterday before the run, and the windscreen cracked in a huge spider shape. we still went out on the run anyway as 1 of teh members is an rac man and he advised it was ok to drive with. OH also forgot to put the oil cap back on teh oil tank in the engine and we have ended up with oil all over the engine. hes banned from touching the mechanics of the car or adjusting any mirrors!!!