Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #1

Very wet Tuesday daily

Morning all - it's blowing a hoolie here and raining too, rather dark and need lights on. OH has bravely gone out with Monty and I am here with a mug of tea, about to start transcription work.

OH is back to volunteering at dog training classes this evening and we go back with Monty tomorrow evening. It may be that OH has to change his volunteering evening because of numbers of dogs in different classes which means that I will be taking Monty to class and meet OH there ....... I still haven't got Monty back in my car, mind, I've not tried again yet. MUST DO IT but it won't be today.

Minnie and Jacks are in my thoughts today for their vet visit. Kizzy has spoken to The Great Cat and loads of healing vibes are being sent. Minnie is Kizzy's adopted sister because they are so alike in looks and character.

Hope all have a good day, stay dry if it's raining where you are!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #2

Re: Very wet Tuesday daily

morning Angie and all to follow. The weather is ok here at the moment although it is quite cold.
Been out with the dogs and Jerry is fed and sleeping happily.
Got some washing going and may do some ironing. Work this afternoon, wonder whether my resolve not to do the ramble will hold, i have something else i'd rather do and i'm fed up of being taken for granted there. I have never felt as undervalued any where i've worked before.
Have a good day peeps.................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #3

So sorry Shelley that you feel like that about your job - it's rotten. I think I may have missed about the ramble .... but maybe that's a good thing.

You have so many other talents - eg doll repair, it's a shame you can't build on something like that and work at something you enjoy. Bad time to think about changing perhaps but thinking about something else doesn't hurt. ((((hugs))))

Forgot to say - it's clearing up weather-wise here. Stopped raining, wind has dropped and the sun is out. OH is off to golf in a while *** jam-strangling expletives deleted!!!***

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #4

evening angie and shelley and those to follow.

Angie, how did the transcripting go? did you get it all done?
Shelley, sorry to hear you dont feel valued at your work, its a horrible feeling when your there day in day out.

Just in from work and OH has dinner on so looking forward to that just relaxing and bed early with a book as im finding that if im reading for an hour before sleep time i sleep alot better, must be more realxed going to sleep i guess.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
17-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #5

evening all, another windy chilly day here! heating's on!!

just another usual work day, it's like groundhog day in that place!

shelley i can totally relate to feeling like that at work, happens to me every day too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #6

Wet and windy here too- I didn't cycle today!

Sorry to hear about work Shelley (and Lynz), can you talk to anyone there about it? Sometimes people don't realise how thoughtless they are being.

I hope OH and Monty didn't get too wet Angie?

Reading works for me too Pamela, unless the book is too good and I just carry on reading!

I wish it would warm up - I don't want to have to buy more heating oil!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #7

Lynz, Pamela and cats staff thanks for your thoughts re work. Fortunately i only work there 11 hours but i'm leaving the place feeling very disgruntled sometimes and i know the best thing would be to speak to someone about it. Whether i do is another matter.
In my last job we all worked very much as part of a team and i felt very confident in my work. I'm afraid it's a different story here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
17-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #8

shelley your lucky your only stuck there 11 hours, im in for 39

CS, its been discussed but if anything was said it would only make things worse.