Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #1

Have Officially Been Made Redundant

Well the first time I have ever not left a job because I wanted to... been made redundant after 13 years with the company. I leave on 13th April. At first it was a shock, then I was angry, and now I am quite excited because.....

I have a new job already!!! Starting on 16th April.. so not a single day's loss of work, plus I will get £thousands redundancy.... all helps towards the big plan of selling and moving this year... and who knows... even a holiday...

It has been over 14 years since I had a holiday... it will be so amazing!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #2

Re: Have Officially Been Made Redundant

My mum always tells me that when one door closes another opens.
Really pleased for you Donna, I know your job has been uncertain for a long time now. Atleast you can now put all that behind you and move forward.
Wishing you all the very best for your new job and I hope you get that holiday that you deserve. x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #3

Everything seems to be falling in place for you Donna. I was going to say sorry about you being made redundant but it looks like it has worked out for the best for you!

Well done on having another job to go to so soon ........ is it the same kind of work that you've been doing in the Estate Agents?

I hope you do manage to get a holiday this year, not only have you earned it, you definitely need it after 14 years.

Catsey Veteran

03-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Everything seems to be falling in place for you Donna. I was going to say sorry about you being made redundant but it looks like it has worked out for the best for you!

Well done on having another job to go to so soon ........ is it the same kind of work that you've been doing in the Estate Agents?

I hope you do manage to get a holiday this year, not only have you earned it, you definitely need it after 14 years.
It is an office admin job so similar to what I am doing now, but it is with a company that supply renewable energy products.. solar panels etc..

I have the same pay, same holiday entitlement, but bonus of pension scheme, sick pay and slightly shorter days.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #5

Congratulations Donna, Its all falling into place for you...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
03-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #6

i was about to say sorry to hear that aswell! but it sounds like its definately worked out in your favour!!

its a worrying time, theres been cuts and redundencies in my works company too, glad you found another job so quick!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #7

Blinking heck Silver Linning have a go on the lottery.

So pleased for you - where are you thinking of going on holiday. Go somewhere you always dreamt of going.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #8

Well done Donna - a potentially sad post turned round in a sentence and now a happy looking-forward one! Brilliant.

Catsey Veteran

05-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Blinking heck Silver Linning have a go on the lottery.

So pleased for you - where are you thinking of going on holiday. Go somewhere you always dreamt of going.
Sounds a bit strange but we have been talking abut a cruise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #10

Why is that strange, I think it would be perfect you travel no hassle and catch the sun at the same time. Where would you go? Have to say never met anyone who has been on a cruise who has said they either disliked it or would not go again.