Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Rhubarb crumble Thursday

I went down to the veggie garden yesterday and there's our rhubarb just beginning to poke it's head above the soil, hence the title today.

It's not a bad day here, was brighter earlier after a bit of drizzly rain had cleared through, clouding over a bit now. I hear that colder weather is forecast over the weekend, but clear - I do like to see blue skies, always lighten the mood.

Was meaning to do more housework but as all the animals are fast asleep, I don't like to wake them with noise! Any excuse!!! OH has gone to play golf. I have some laundry that I need to go and sort out now - can do that quietly!

Really hoping for news of Eileen ...... we did miss her last evening at the quiz.

Have a good day everyone. Extra cuddles to Catsey cats from me today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #2

Re: Rhubarb crumble Thursday

hello angie and anyone to follow.
Just in from work and had cauliflower cheese and cider soup to eat with honey and sunflower seed bread.
Not sure what to do now, do i take the dogs out or get on with some cleaning, the new laminate could do with sweeping.
There was a serious fire in the village last night and unfortunately a man has lost his life. It was in a flat over the take away, thay had to set up a temporary fire station in the road and there were approx 5 engines there. Don't know any more details yet, poor man.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #3

I know you said at the quiz last night Shelley about the fire - very sad that a man has died. Is the take away gutted too?

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #4

the takeaway and the other 4 flats are unaffected, in fact the takeaway is open now. There is a police officer outside the flat .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #5

Awful to hear of someone losing their life in a fire, so sad.

Today Morgan went for his usual trim and I got to play with his groomer's litter of 3 baby cocker spaniel boys, I was in Heaven 2 little black ones (one of them a right little porker!) and a beautiful golden boy who just snuggled into me and was sooo gorgeous. The puppies are just about 4 weeks old now and starting to get really playful but apparently they widdle a lot

OH is out at an astrology society lecture tonight so it'll be an early dinner, something quick then!

Fingers crossed hoping that Eileen's doing well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #6

aww goodness shelley, the story was true about someone sadly losing their life? Im soo sorry to hear that.

I was working today didnt have the greatest of days as 1 of the girls and i dont see eye to eye as she tries to be the group leader and i just dont follow whatever she says so it doesnt go down too well. HAd a bit of a run in today with her so enjoying being home and relaxing now!!!!

REad the news on eileen, i do hope she starts to pick up again and get better, my thoughts are with her

Catsey Veteran

12-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #7

sorry you've had a tough day at work, Pamela, enjoy your chilling time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #8

i am shelley thanks, just not looking forward to work tomorrow because of her.