Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #1

snowy monday

Morning everyone. As the title suggests, its been snowing here and its lay so we have a covering of snow. Just getting ready to head to work and hoping the roads arent too badly affected. Working until 6pm so will pop in when i get home. Hope you all stay safe and warm xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #2

Re: snowy monday

Morning and take care in the snow Pamela. We dont have any yet but I guess it's inevitable (sp).
G leaves for Ozz today, he's going to see his daughter, he hasnt seen her since she was 4 yrs old and she is now almost 18. Am hoping he has a fantastic time and that his ex doesnt play any of her stupid mind games.
Xmas is officially cancelled here as I had to rush Rayne to the emergency vets last night, she was vomiting loads and I was concerned that it might have been her liver again. Thankfully her bloods didnt show anything but it cost me £376
That's all my xmas money gone but hey, my dog is ok.
Off to get my thermals on and heading out to pick up the dogs.
Have a good day all. xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #3

Morning Pamela, Elaine and everyone to follow. I've heard the weather is bad in Scotland and Northern England - keep safe and warm people.

Frosty start here. Another load of logs delivered at 7.15, so OH was up early. We've also had a grocery delivery and Monty is out for his walk. I've stayed behind for laundry and housework as it's chilly out (yes, I'm a wimp!)

Monty is going to the groomer at midday and I expect we'll be coming home to stack logs today instead of going for a pub lunch!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
05-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #4

bit colder in sunny Cornwall today, but still not that cold. Not even had the CH on this year yet (apart from a quick blast a couple of times to test it out) not had the UFH on at all. Had the wood burner lit a few times but thats it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
05-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #5

morning all! well, it may be 12.50 but its morning for me lol!

we had a really heavy battering of hail, and a light smudge of snow which is lying on the grounds.

sorry to hear rayne wasn't well last night elaine, emergency vets cost a fortune but im glad shes ok.

going into town for a bit of shopping and will need to get all my xmas cards, and ones il need to send overseas. i hate card shops at this time of the year

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #6

Afternoon all.

It is freezing here although not literally. Off to work tonight had a great night out last night.
A bit of bad news this morning, I have been told by a felow dog walker a lovely man David who used to walk his Boxer Casper who passed away in April and got a new pup a minature poodle called Freddie (as in Freddie Mercury)passed away on Friday his mom was in hospital and was concerned he had not been up to see her she phoned a neighbour who could get no response either and then his sister they called the police and and he was found dead in bed.................a lovely bloke in his 50's and apart from his motorbike accident and being in a wheelchair in perfect health.

Pamela - Hope you have a safe journey.

Elaine how long is G gone for? and thermals sound a good idea may put some on my xmas list. What was wrong with Rayne????

Angie we need pictures of a smart Monty.

Fancyabrew.......Ahh to live in cornwall

Lynz congratulations on braving the card shops....but better today than the weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #7

Hi everyone! Patchy fog earlier, just cloudy now, a bit past 10:30 AM and 12℃ (53℉), no wind; will probably make a pleasant 16℃ by afternoon, but then rain and cooler ... sigh. Down for Leia's grass; she's watching the roofers on the roof of the house across from us. I need to start cards, put it off yesterday! And also finish the grocery order; all my exciting news!

Elaine, sorry about Rayne, emergencies are expensive! Will G be back for Christmas? Angie, yes, pics would be nice. Pamela, hope the snow wasn't too bad and you could get safely to and from work. FAB, no heat yet ... either you are tough or it's been really mild! Kazz, sorry to hear about the young man's surprising death; so sad. Lynz, I buy my cards online after the holiday when they're on sale ... much easier!

Stay warm, safe, and keep the thermals handy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #8

Hey all... Busy on here today!

Not long home from work here... Snow on the ground in this area as well - not huge amounts, but enough. And baltic out, or so it would seem... I actually felt warm when I got in, checked in with the thermostat and it turns out it's 10oC indoors, so...

Sorry to hear about Rayne, Elaine. And the death of your acquaintance Kazz.

Saw that falconer out again today. Wondering if it's Mondays, or just time of day or something...

Have as good a day as possible all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #9

evening all, another late check in for me.
Elaine sorry to hear about Rayne, my goodness i thought it was bad that it cost us £100 for Kwame's cut pad. What next for Rayne ?
Karen so sorry to hear of your fellow dog walker.
Keep warm all you people with snow, it's cold here and we have had hail but no snow as yet.
Took both Dogs to town shopping today, they complained they were cold and called us bad parents as we didn't put their equafleeces on. Bought some more pressies and paper.
We have decided to put the main tree with all the best deccies in the hallway instead of leaving it in the lounge as this is where we leave the dogs when we go out. My nerves will simply not stand it so we have a fibre optic out of reach on a table.
We have had Jerrie's sister in tonight to give her a meal, unfortunately she is too scared of the dogs to stay in.