Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #1

Trout Lily Thursday

Hi all, I'm starting the Daily again it seems. Beautifully sunny here but back to chilly seasonable temps: a bit after 10:30 AM and only 6℃ (42℉) and rather windy. I was quite surprised to get my needlepoint kit yesterday; I just ordered it Sunday and it came from Sheffield by FedEx ... that's fast! Looks very nice, I'll enjoy doing it. No news, just down for mail and grass.

In lieu of news, here's a Leia pic for no particular reason except that I felt like it! The Solstice is only 3 weeks away... the sun will start creeping up earlier.

Enjoy the day!

[/IMG]

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #2

Re: Trout Lily Thursday

Afternoon Eileen and Leia! It's been a mixed bag of a day here - started off with sharp showers, then it cleared through for a while and is now pelting down and the temperature has dropped.

OH took Monty out for his walk during the dry period this morning - they went without me because OH had to get back in time to go off for a golf lesson; I stayed at home and finished off some work and then after OH got home for a second time, we had a quick lunch and then had to go to the funeral of the man whose funeral we went to last Wednesday.

We've going to have a prawn curry tonight to warm us up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
01-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #3

Hi Eileen, Leia and Angie!

Love the pic Eileen. And we seem to be letting you start the daily quite regularly just now!

Sounds like a bit of a day your way Angie! Warming food sounds like a plan!

Over here? Work followed by Dr's appts in general...

First one was with the nurse... not with the Asthma nurse as I expected, the other one... She said that I should have an appt with the dr to make sure there no infection, and if that all clear he should put me on Fostair, and I should return to see one of the nurses in a month... Chances of that on the 1st Jan??? Then she set me up with an appt with the Dr for 5pm.

When I saw the Dr, he talked with me for a little, listened to my chest, and then said no infection, but wasn't happy with the idea of putting me on Fostair (that's steroid and long acting reliever), so instead gave me an script for Qvar (just steroid inhaler), and then asked me if I'd another appt with the nurse. He then decided that a month wasn't good, and said I should see the asthma nurse in a fortnight. Talk of Monkulast (anti-h tablet) if Qvar doesn't work, and of course to return if things got worse...

Feel a little as if have gone from pillar to post, and had stuff contradicted at each turn...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-12-2011, 07:21 PM   #4

hello Eileen, Angie, Katy and anyone to follow.
Thank you for supplying us with a pic of the beautiful Leia and also the good thought about the sun
Angie, not sure what you mean about the funeral ?
Katy, yes i see what you mean about pillar to post. Hope they get you sorted soon.
Work for me this morning then to see a friend. She has taken in a tiny Black kitten from the women next door who has all the cats. Most are spayed/neutered now courtesy of cpl, unfortunately one of the older kittens got knocked down.
However little Poppy as my friend has named her is doing well, she's named Poppy as Viv took her in on remembrance day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #5

Angie, prawn curry sounds delicious, one of my favorites. I'm confused about the funeral too, why was there another funeral if he had one last week???? Squirrel, that was a frustrating visit, wasn't it; hope they get you feeling better soon; I have breathing problems too and it's not nice. Shelley, that pic is Leia supervising the quiz yesterday from the bed; we missed you as it was a good one. Very apt name for little Poppy, she sounds cute.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #6

evening everyone, had a long boring day today but came home and we gave the cats their advent calenders for the day and skye got quite hyper with the catnip treats which as amusing as we have never given her catnip before. We put the calenders on the wall and they tried straight away to get it down!!! Harris stood on our dvd rack to try get it and slipped behind it into his tunnel and got stuck!! OH had to help him out. Just been 1 laugh after the other today!!!

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2011, 08:48 PM   #7

Pamela,
how cute, i didn't realise you could get advent calenders for cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #8

yip, they have white choc drops and catnip treats in them. They have 1 each. You get them in pets at home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #9

Duh! I've just re-read my post and it makes no sense at all! It was the funeral of the wife of the man whose funeral we went to last Wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Duh! I've just re-read my post and it makes no sense at all! It was the funeral of the wife of the man whose funeral we went to last Wednesday.
How very sad