Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #1

Amaryllis Friday

As the weekend draws close thought I'd share this with you.
Hope that you can relax and enjoy as much as these two
We've no plans but I might start my Christmas cards as I need to post the ones off to foreign climes early. Oh, and I have another pile of ironing to get through too I really need to get a grip and not let it get so high.

So, wishing you all contented smiles ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #2

Re: Amaryllis Friday

Hi PP, those to come...

Quiet day planned here as I'm now on the weekend - barring that possibly getting a dr's appt. Issues with where car is when am at work (a bus journey away) and when they might be able to fit me in, but otherwise...

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #3

PP! Love those kitties!

A nice bright day here, but colder and a cold wind that made my rash flare around my ears this morning, so when we went to take Monty for his walk, we took a different route through avenues of trees to stay out of the wind, which was very pleasant and a bit of a change from the usual. Monty met some other dogs, so had some fun chasing about. He also chased a s******l up a tree.

OH ordered a load of logs this morning, which will be delivered on Tuesday at 7.15 in the morning I may or may not be up for that!

I hope you get to see your GP Squirrel. Good luck there anyway.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #4

Hi people! Brilliant sun here, a lovely reasonably mild day for almost the end of November. A bit past 10:30 AM and 13℃ (56℉), windless. A good day for those who're inundating the malls to get bargains; as I said, no way would I be caught in that madness! Out for Leia's grass and just a pleasant lazy day planned.

I may start my overseas cards this weekend too, PP. Good for Monty putting the fear of God in a s*******!! What an awful time of day for a delivery, Angie. I too hope the GP visit will be soon, Squirrel, take care.

Be good .... Santa is coming!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

afternoon all, love the picture PP.
Been to work this morning, had to do a stint with the pre schoolers, the age group i'm trained to work with and do you know i don't enjoy it anymore
Doing a bit of voluntary work this evening at a disco for the older kids, not good with teens either,lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
25-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #6

Hello again...

Sorry you didn't enjoy working with the wee ones Shelley.

Glad Monty enjoyed his run round Angie.

Lazy day = good to me Eileen...

How go the Christmas cards PP?

Eventually contacted Dr's office to be advised that I was best waiting to talk with the Asthma nurse on Thurs, and she'd advise as to whether or not dr was needed. Oh well, not all that long until Thurs now anyway, and it would likely be that long until I can get an appt with them anyway!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
25-11-2011, 05:43 PM   #7

Well my wool delivery hasn't happened yet, what was the point in the company posting off my order first class on Tuesday? I suppose as it was quite a large order that it's probably been classified as "parcel" and they're not hurrying to deliver it On the other hand my new crochet hooks (in a small packet from a different company) was posted off just yesterday in Inverness and arrived here this morning!

Because of my arthritis I decided to get some hooks with a fatter, softer handle (brand name Prym) they're lovely and comfortable to use. I got them from a company called Purplelinda, really good service

Morgan has never chased a squirrel (well, not yet!) I don't think he sees them, he's so busy bombing around in that nutty cocker way that they just don't register, now a smelly dead fish on the beach or a rabbit/fox/badger/deer carcase in the woods is an entirely different matter, he notices them sure enough

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
25-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #8

evening everyone, just in from a trip to asda after work for lots more tissues and cold relief capsules. Also got a wee tipple to see if it can take away my horrid cold for the night. Going to have to keep an eye on Harris tonight aswell, he has been in his trays about 3 times in 30mins. Hoping hes not got cystitis again. will see how he goes tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #9

Evening all. It's turned very cold here today, I fear winter is finally upon us and am dreading it.
Not alot planned for the weekend, just general cleaning and stuff after flyball tomorrow.
About to slap on some hairdye tonight and snuggle up with Bernie and Rayne, Milly usually sit with G.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #10

Evening all.

No work till Monday night so here I am its cold here too. Brrrr
Had a bit of a sleep this morning so not overly tired. Not done anything else really just sat about.

Going to Bingo (first time in many years) with friends tomorrow.......wish me luck they are making me have strip of 6 cards (all in price) Agggggggggghhhhhhhhh My days of clubbing are obviously well behind me bingo on a Sat night

Sal has to go the vets to have her boosters soon, need to book Opps.
Also want to plant up hanging baskets for the back garden, got some winter pansies etc also move some garden plants around a bit. Hope the weather stays above freezing.....

Sal notices squirrels but too much sense these days to chase them, well most days anyhow.

PP ...Eileen Christmas cards already wow how time flies.

Anyhow speak later.