Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #1

Rhododendron Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends!

We've walked Monty Bogle - very few dogs out today, but he did have a run about with a hound that was miles faster than him! We were a bit worried about Monty yesterday because he didn't eat his breakfast kibble - which is not all that unusual, it won't be long before he's down to one meal a day, but then he didn't want his supper either. Checked his mouth in case he was sore as he'd been chewing twigs from the garden, but no. Anyway, he ate his kibble this morning and a scrambled egg I did for him just in case. Seems he's OK - they do worry us, don't they? He's having his lunchtime snooze just now and OH has gone off for a golf lesson. I can have some cat cuddling time now!

(Eileen - am I right that the Coast Rhododendron is the state emblem of Washington? http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/Washi...dodendron.html - I'm never sure these facts are right!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #2

Re: Rhododendron Thursday

Hi Angie, those to follow (I hope ... been slow lately!) A beautiful if brisk day after the gloom amd rain, brilliant sun, winds died down; it's 10:45 A M and only 10℃ (48℉). Thanksgiving is usually a fairly nice day. The annual madness called Black Friday starts tonight at midnight when many many stores are opening for Christmas shopping ... it's called that because that's the time many businesses start making a profit ... in the black. You couldn't pay me to go shop tonight/tomorrow!! Online for me. Looking forward to dinner ... and the chocolate pie for dessert!

Angie, yes the rhododendron is the official flower of Washington state. The climate there is just perfect for them. When I hear rhododendrons I always think of Manderly .... Our official flower here in Washington City is the American Beauty rose, a lovely old hybrid perpetual that's been commercially unavailable for eons. And just another factoid: our official bird is the wood thrush!

Glad Monty seems to be OK now; it's such a worry when they go off their food .....

Be careful, have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #3

Hello both...

Back home from work for the weekend here. Could quite happily nap... Am thinking that I may well have to Dr's soon, despite my asthma nurse appt - too many people starting to say so now. I'll go see what I can do tomorrow I think - likely means that I can get out the house for a bit then too... Ah well, I still don't think it's terribly serious, but...

Hope everyone does OK.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #4

Hello all I had a reply all done then accidentally deleted it so I'll have to start all over again!

Happy Thanksgiving Eileen!

Angie, just out of interest, why will Monty be going down to 1 meal a day? Morgan is fed morning and early evening, all of our dogs have always had 2 meals a day. Is this something that's specially recommended for Schnauzers?

I've been waiting today for the post to deliver some wool supplies but no luck. There isn't really a wool shop in town any more and it's cheaper to order online than to get the car out and go off to a bigger town. It was dispatched on Tuesday so I really hoped it would be delivered today but unfortunately sometimes the post is so dilatory!

Catsey Veteran

24-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #5

Interesting MrsH - I understood that most dogs from around 10 months when they go onto "adult" food get fed just once a day ...... I am surprised that you feed two meals to Morgan. I will check on the Schnauzer forum for what other owners do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #6

Happy thanks giving to all our members across the water

evening everyone, hope you have all had a good day. Im on the early shif pattern this week, cant wait until its over tomorrow!! Quiet weekend i think for us as we both have the horrible cold thats goign about, OH has had it for a few days and its starting on me now too

Angie, i hope monty is ok, good to hear hes eating again though
Eileen, i hope you enjoy your dinner
Squirrel, ihope your asthma isnt too serious
MrsH, fingers crossed you get your delivery

We got a letter yesterday from the insurance company we are dealing with after oour crash in august, it seems the otehr company is contesting responsibility for it and they have a witness stating we were at fault which we werent. We have read the statement given by the witness and she has put quite a few "untruths" in it about things we apparently said and done. Its looking like it might have to go to court if it doesnt get resolved. We also have the information/proof to show she was lying about what we apparently said. Its unbelievable that people would lie about things like that just to stop their friend from admitting liability for something that was their fault.

Sorry, rant over xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #7

Sal is 10 and gets two meals a day all my dogs have. Sorry got to go running late.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

evening all, busy day, at work this morning, then vets, then cupboard cleaning. Will update Kwames thread later.
Feeling a bit agitated lately, think it's maybe because christmas is coming, i love it but somehow it seems to stress . Wish i was a calm laid back person, i actualy am on the surface but you should see me underneath
Angie, these dogs don't half worry us. Re the feeding some people do feed their dogs once a day, i know my cousin does, i prefer to give two slightly smaller meals, i think either way is ok.
Pamela i do hope you get the insurance thing sorted, how exasperating, it's good you have proof the witness is lying.
Eileen , Happy thanksgiving
MrsH, hope you get your wool soon
Katy, take care

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #9

Opps sorry Angie Yes one meal or two or three if it works for you..............do it.

Catsey Veteran

24-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #10

I've been given some good advice (I think) on the Schnauzer forum - listen to what your dog wants! For several weeks now Monty hasn't wanted his breakfast at all, but (apart from yesterday) always eats his supper. So I will continue with the plan which is to order in the RC adult mini food and I will start mixing it with his junior food and in a month or so's time, will cut down to one meal a day. Of course, he gets treats and such throughout the day for being good.