Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #1

Snap Dragon Sunday

These flowers used to fascinate me as a child, don't know if they have a more botanical name but this is how i know them.
Feeling a little flat today after the assessment and also have yet more problems to sort out with my eldest.
It's enough to turn you to Dolls
Need a bit of a clean up in the house and excercise the hounds.
Jerry is fed and sleeping his breakfast off, he's eating much more now, must be the cold weather.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #2

Re: Snap Dragon Sunday

The Snap Dragon's proper name is Antirrhinum, Shelley ....... I used to like squeezing the sides of the flower to make them 'open their mouth'.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #3

Afternoon Shelley, Mags. Another glorious sunny day here. We've had our walk with Monty at Stansted today and met some of his doggie chums. I am pleased to be able to say that after the first week (Sunday to Saturday) of my promise to myself about the number of walks per week, I managed four, one over my minimum. This week has started with a walk ...... I wonder whether I'll be able to keep up when the weather turns, as turn it must.

Not sure what to do this afternoon, maybe catch up with a bit of recorded TV. We have roast chicken breasts with pots and veg for supper. OH trialled a different way of doing the pots last week and it was such a success, he's doing it again today! They get par boiled and tossed in a bit of flour before roasting - lovely crispy outside and soft inside, just perfect results!

Enjoy your Sunday folks whatever you're up to!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #4

Hi Shelley, Angie! Overcast and unseasonably warm: near 10:45 A M and 15℃ (58℉), no breeze. Rain supposedly this afternoon and thru Wednesday. Had a problem with my grocery delivery; they called when I was downstairs; apparently they hadn't checked that I had a new credit card number after the hacking problem, so as I wasn't there to give them the new one, the delivery was cancelled! Too late for today so won't come until tomorrow; very very annoying as it was their fault; they were apologetic about it, but that doesn't make it any less annoying. Oh well, that's really all that's happening.

Angie, good about the walks. That's very interesting about flouring the potatoes; I suspect that would work with rissole potatoes also, which I often fix as I rarely have a roast, except a chicken. Although possibly rolling them around in the pan to brown and get crispy might dislodge too much flour...??? I like snapdragons too, and also played "open the mouth" with them in childhood! Sorry you're having problems, Shelley, (((hugs))).

Smile - it's free!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #5

Hi all...

Quietish Sunday here... Chicken Soup for lunch...

Landed up at parents over the weekend when cough went a bit ott on Friday evening. Came back after church today. Hoping the wrost is done that way...

Snapdragons are lovely flowers. Didn't realise that was the scientific name for them

Have a good rest of your Sunday all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #6

Afternoon all.

Had quite a busy day, walked Sal gorgeous walk I like it when its too fogg and damp for fair weather dog walkers, I wore my walking boots and thermal hat for the first time this year too.
Bit of a "story" regarding my walk will ustart another thread in a moment.

Bit of work in the garden too moved the large green storage box in the garden nearer the house as it was bit to far away from for Mom and Dad given the weather the last year or two - preplanning see .
Have laid paving on the area the storage was. Put some trellis up the fence behind the paving as it was abit ropey behind there. Can see me talking to next door about new fencing for next year. Weeded and laid to bed the front garden, made up the tubs by the front door. Cleaned out all the back garden pots and washed them out they are now on the new slabbed area for next year. Cleaned my garden tools for the year. Oh did I mention I cut the two trees down in the back garden yesterday so lugged all that round to the salvage three car runs......just that alone another for the garden stuff from the front. Cut up the old wardrobe and took that the skip too, used the circular saw too all fingers in tact. Cleaned all the UPVC on the front porch and swept all the front garden.

Having roast pork for dinner with crackling, roast and mashed spuds, green beans and carrots gravy and apple sauce.

Shelley sorry you're having torubles, its hard isn't it .
Mags Hello.
Angie glad you all had a good work, dinner sounds lovely. Any more thoughts on another cannine????

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Afternoon all.

Had quite a busy day, walked Sal gorgeous walk I like it when its too fogg and damp for fair weather dog walkers, I wore my walking boots and thermal hat for the first time this year too.
Bit of a "story" regarding my walk will ustart another thread in a moment.

Bit of work in the garden too moved the large green storage box in the garden nearer the house as it was bit to far away from for Mom and Dad given the weather the last year or two - preplanning see .
Have laid paving on the area the storage was. Put some trellis up the fence behind the paving as it was abit ropey behind there. Can see me talking to next door about new fencing for next year. Weeded and laid to bed the front garden, made up the tubs by the front door. Cleaned out all the back garden pots and washed them out they are now on the new slabbed area for next year. Cleaned my garden tools for the year. Oh did I mention I cut the two trees down in the back garden yesterday so lugged all that round to the salvage three car runs......just that alone another for the garden stuff from the front. Cut up the old wardrobe and took that the skip too, used the circular saw too all fingers in tact. Cleaned all the UPVC on the front porch and swept all the front garden.

Having roast pork for dinner with crackling, roast and mashed spuds, green beans and carrots gravy and apple sauce.

Shelley sorry you're having torubles, its hard isn't it .
Mags Hello.
Angie glad you all had a good work, dinner sounds lovely. Any more thoughts on another cannine????
The above was typed by the same woman who, in the Malaika thread, referred to herself as"lazy" ........

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #8

Oppps sorry Eileen missed your post crossposting the technical name I think Hope nothing important on the shopping list.

Squirrel - hope your cough continues to improve.

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Oppps sorry Eileen missed your post crossposting the technical name I think Hope nothing important on the shopping list.

Squirrel - hope your cough continues to improve.
No, one day late delivery is just annoying, not catastrophic ... enough beer!

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
The above was typed by the same woman who, in the Malaika thread, referred to herself as"lazy" ........

I am in certain things.....well lots of things actually.