Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #1

Jasmine Thursday

Hello all! Gorgeous day here today, blue sky and sunshine. OH has gone off to play golf, making the most of the weather.

I've done a bit of housework and am catching up with some paperwork for a client. Pip is asleep in the do'nut bed under my desk, Kizzy is having a wash and brush up on our bed and Monty is having his nap in his crate. All is quiet!

I'm just going to make myself a lunch time sandwich and a hot drink.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

(edited to add: It's Beaujolais Day today evidently - a member of another forum mentioned it!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #2

Re: Jasmine Thursday

Hi Angie, those to follow! Yes, Beaujolais nouveau day today, big article in the Food section of the paper about it. I'm not a big red wine person but this is one I rather like; not too heavy or tannic. Much brisker here this morning: 9℃ (44℉), cloudy, light rain overnight but just gloomy and rather dank now. Replacement credit card came; now have the fun job of updating card info on all the places I shop regularly at on line... The maintenance people were here earlier; changing hinges on all the apartment doors; lots of banging and noise; Leia watching intently but didn't try to go out the open door. Good girl!

Hope lunch was nice, Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #3

hello Angie and Eileen, i'm glad your new card has arrived safely.
work this morning and i was a bit miffed to learn that management have said we all have to go to work in our pj's tomorrow. Yes it is for children in need but it would nice to not be dictated to (there i've had my grump ) I've actualy had to buy new ones. we are also doing team building, groan, groan.
Both dogs slung in the crate today and how nice it was
It is a very bad idea to use the crate as punishment and we rarely do but boy did it feel good

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #4

I think that's an outrageous violation of your rights to insist you come to work in pyjamas! I never heard of such a thing ......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #5

Glad it's not me - I don't have any!

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #6

Nor do I.Angie!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I think that's an outrageous violation of your rights to insist you come to work in pyjamas! I never heard of such a thing ......
I agree, Eileen.
The idea is you wear your pj's and pay a £1.00 donation for children in need.
I realy didn't like being told i had to and initialy said no but as i want to get on with the people i work with i will do it.
I felt quite angry realy.
Angie i have two pairs but one had a massive hole under the arm courtesy of Kwame and the others are a bit loud
I have bought another pair for tomorrow and they will come in use but even so.........

Catsey Veteran

17-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #8

Well, helping children is admirable, but the implied coercion is horrible.With the jobs situation being what it is, not many people can afford to tell management to take their crappy idea and stuff it. And of course calling in "sick" isn't going to work either .... How utterly embarrassing.