Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #1

Love-in-a-mist Monday

Love-in-a-mist (Nigella) Although I have never planted it;
its an annual I think, it came to me this morning while out walking Sal in the park, it was kinda misty and as I stood there (it was 6.30am) out of the mist came Sal and immediately I thought of the afore mentioned plant hence the title today.

Anyhow work tonight but slept well last night after an early night and woke at about 6, popped washing in the machine, took Sal out as mentioned and then got the morning papers, came back chucked all the garden rubbish from yesterday into the car ready for the skip to open, had my normal breakfast of - toast, marmite and cup of coffee. Popped the washing on the line and now just having a quick catch up here
then off to the skip when the traffic eases.

Not sure what else I plan to do may go get the compost for the pots. Not sure really in fact may do nothing but not sure that's an option. ..........at least for me . Work tonight so nothing too much eh!

Have a good day all may catch up with you all in a bit.

Oh P.S. You may also notice I have had an attack of the smilies this morning too.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
07-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #2

Re: Love-in-a-mist Monday

Morning Kazz. Love the emoticons! Off to work now, running late, oops! Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #3

Morning Kazz, Truth - good day to you both! I like Love-in-the-mist too, very pretty, self seeds all over the place and a very pretty blue, think you can get white variety too.

Very gloomy here - loads of transcription work to do today, so I won't be getting into any mischief.

See you all later on - have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #4

Hi Kazz, Truth, Angie...

Hope the day goes well for you all...

Pretty misty here - can make the houses out at the end of the street, but not much more than that. Oh well, just for making me want to stay home a bit, and I can do...

Quite tired today as well - not helped by the 3am or so wake up call from next door - neighbours decided to start a small party then, and the music was up a bit loud... Thankfully they seem to have heard me call through asking them to turn it down, and they did - though I still had to deal with another hour trying to get back to sleep again... Oh well then!!!

Have a good day all - hope work goes well for those who need to do it... Aaaah - a Cloud cuddling up next to me to have a bath, how nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

morning Karen, Truth, Angie, Katy and all to follow, very nice title and i like your description of how you picked it.
Been our awalking with the dogs too.
Have got some washing in but it's so hard to get it dry.
First frost last night, brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #6

kazz, you are up n at em far too early for me!!

another sunny morning, but still quite nippy outside.
week off this week and my boss very kindly informed my brother of this and he already has me booked in for babysitting tomorrow

OH is going to a school mates funeral and im taking nibbies to the vets later to have her breathing looked at again, im a bit worried about her.

have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #7

Lynz,
with a boss like that you don't need enemies
How sad that your o/h is going to a schoolmates funeral.
Hope Nibbie goes on alright at the vets

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #8

Hi all. Brilliant sun again, a bit after 10:30 and it's 11℃ (52℉), windless, may get up to 16℃ by afternoon. Sun is setting at a tad after 5 pm now, as we're back on Standard Time; I hate it being dark so early. No news, just down to pick up Leia's prescription and grass. Simple supper day: bacon, scrambled eggs ,fresh spinach.

You are an early bird, Kazz! I likel love-in-a-mist too, never grew it. Lynz, hope Nibbles will be OK.. First frost, Shelley, brrr! None yet here in the City. Lovely neighbors, Squirrel...not! Hi, Angie and Truth.

Anyone read Stephen King's The Stand? I read it about 20 years ago, ordered from Amazon for the Kindle as I'd like to read it again.

Be good to yourself today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
07-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #9

While I can understand your wishing the sun would continue to set later Eileen, it's pretty well dark now (at not quite 5) where I am, and sun is setting soon after 4... I'd imagine it's a bit worse for people further north than I am too...

So... *hugs* for the early dark - but it's better than it could be!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
While I can understand your wishing the sun would continue to set later Eileen, it's pretty well dark now (at not quite 5) where I am, and sun is setting soon after 4... I'd imagine it's a bit worse for people further north than I am too...

So... *hugs* for the early dark - but it's better than it could be!
True. We just have to hang on until the Winter Solstice then it's all good till June ...... I hadn't thought that it would be darker earlier in higher latitudes like yours ......