Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #1

Norwegian Forest Tuesday

Hi all! We've just had a very heavy squally shower with high winds and the temperature has dropped, even though the sun is out again. It's 11 atm and feeling chillier each day.

I had good news this morning when I went to my appointment with the nurse - my overall spirometry reading has gone up (I don't understand what all the numbers mean) so my breathing has actually improved and my blood pressure is good and my oxygen saturation is wonderful! So, there must be another reason why I am more breathless than usual. The nurse has given me some tablets to help made the mucous less sticky - I've only had one tab so far and my head has already started to clear. I've always had problems with the change of season .... so that could be the answer, hope so, and then I can say I know it will get better.

OH, Monty and I are hoping to go for a walk on Hayling Island old Billy Trail (the railway line defunct under Dr. Beeching mid-60's) and we will be meeting up with another Schnauzer owner who is a member of the Schnauzer forum I belong to. That will be grand. Hope Monty will be good and make friends!

Puppy training this evening, so may not be on until later this evening. "Be Good" vibes always appreciated for Master Monty.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #2

Re: Norwegian Forest Tuesday

Hi Angie, those to follow. Sunny and milder here at a bit after 10:30 am, 19℃ (65℉) and no breeze; rain supposedly coming late tonight and all day tomorrow, We've had so much excess rain so far that the wild mushrooms are really flourishing; I miss being only a few blocks from the woods where I enjoyed walking. Grocery order this afternoon, ham and cabbage for dinner ... that's all my news.

Angie, what's the name of the tablets to thin the mucous? I'd like to discuss that with my doctor, my phleghm is so thick ..... my O2 saturation is OK but my breathing seems sluggish... sending "behave" vibes for class tonight

Hope all are well and enjoying the day1

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
18-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #3

Had to reply to this one we currently have an NFC on foster here at the Clan his full title is Svartleheim Starlight Express a.k.a Star he is underweight and had to be half shaved as his previous caring owners thought this was ok he is nearly 4 and this is his last shave job!!!!

Very wet and windy here this afternoon and very black pretty dismal in fact think winter is here so heating on and all the Clan cats and dogs are in and grounded till the dogs need to go and I have to feed the outside ferals

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-10-2011, 05:20 PM   #4

Bit of this, bit of that day here. Really boring, a bit of housework, a bit of laundry, a bit of dog-walking, a bit of bread-making, a bit of crossword and sudokoing and that's been my day so far. Nothing planned for the evening either.

Watching "Pointless" now, catch up later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #5

Evening all.

Good day here been asleep - still on nights. Bedroom furniture delivered this morning, it is sitting in the spare bedroom at the moment till I finish the decorating - hopefuly by the weekend. All good here.

Angie hope your day walking was good
Eileen - how are you finding living in the apartment, living in a studio, would you find yourself changing to a one bedroom or a different one if the opportunity came up? And do you find yourself mixing with the people more than you thought you would?
Liz a N.F.C, will the owners be taking him back?
Mrs H I had a bit of a nothing day yesterday but by last night I felt so content and happy I actually sent out a text message remiding others to be happy.

To all who follow Hello

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #6

Hi all...

So, back from work. Cold windy day, but at least it did dry up before I had to leave the house! Wet was the word for the morning...

All goes well here. Though bed is feeling rather tempting. Cloud has just come to sit on top of the blanket I'm on, and we've a bit of kneading and purring going on.

Good luck Vibes for Monty Angie. And good hearing that your generally a bit better health wise - hope those tabs make a long term difference for you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #7

Kazz, no, I'm quite pleased with the studio; just the right size, wouldn't want to change. Actually mixing, no more than usual; I'm really not a very gregarious person.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-10-2011, 07:55 PM   #8

Hi all, two days of spreadsheets and budgets mean I'm cross eyed so excuse typos in advance!
We had a sunny but chilly day here- even fitted in a run before dark. Sadly I'm going to have to resort to the gym and treadmill soon. I really have to push myself to go as treadmills are soooo boring.

Hope the new meds continue to help Angie and that Monty behaved himself tonight. I like 'nothing' days every so often too Kazz and Mrs H. Hello everyone else!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #9

evening all, Angie, glad those tablets seem to be working for you, fingers crossed. Hope the Schnauzer meeting went well.
Been to work this afternoon, then took Chris swimming. Cold and wet here, curtains are drawn and a nice relaxing evening watching tv i think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

evening everyone, hope you all had a good day. Mine has been busy at work. Up at 515am this week as im on 8-4 shifts. Not upto much tonight, just relaxing