Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Calico Monday

good morning carsey people.
Just back from two very blowy dog walks, no cobwebs now
Bit excited to try out my new hoover (Do i need to get a life ?)
My friend gave it to me yesterday as ours died last week, it's a nifty little cylinder vax.
After cleaning up i need to carry on cleaning in the doll room, what a mammoth task that is, see you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #2

Re: Calico Monday

Hi Shelley - enjoy your new vacuum! It's such a routine task, isn't it, why not enjoy it?

Breathing not too brill today ..... did go outside to cut down a few herbs gone to seed, but came back in as it is rather windy but certainly not cold. My neighbour called round with Monty in tow - he'd escaped! Went round and found the side gate wide open. Bit worrying - no one has called since last Friday. Either it's blown open because the catch wasn't caught properly or someone has been in uninvited. Nasty thought. These sort of things always happen when OH is out. Anyway, very nice of my neighbour, who has his own dogs, to bring Monty home.

OH reported that on their walk this morning Monty mostly stayed by his side or if he was away, he kept looking back to make sure OH was there. That's a good result in my book and shows that at least for the time being, Monty has learned by his fright yesterday.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #3

Angie, thank goodness your neighbour brought your little escapee back. I bet it was the wind that blew the gate open, our fence panel has been out twice.
Sorry your breathing isn't too good.
Hoovering done, took some getting used to a new one, i do love my dysons. Still it's got the job done and that's always good. Off to clean a bit more in the doll room now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #4

Morning.
Really windy here too Angie I would think the wind has blown the gate open. Must say I have a padlock on the side and back gate that way I know the dog is safe.
Glad Monty has learnt his lesson, its one of those things when they feel their feet it resolves back to how good it was.

Shelley I do not envy you cleaning however I do need a new vac.

Off out at 4 with friends for a late lunch early dinner Lord knows....what but plan on enjoying it.
Nothing going on here, see you all later. Oh it afternoon now so "Good afternoon all"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #5

Good afternoon from here too, also very windy!

Goodness Angie, what a scare so glad the little man was returned safe and sound. Morgan got out the other week but that was because Mr Forgetful had opened the back gate when he went out to fill up the bird feeders in the front garden and then came back in via the front door, totally forgetting that the gate was still open Men!!!

I've been clearing out some of the kitchen cupboards this morning to make space for my big cake box. Embarrassing to see the age of some of the half packets of dried-up stuff right at the back! And why do I have 3 tins of mustard powder and 2 of baking powder?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #6

Hello all...

*hugs* for the breathing and monty going walk about Angie. I'd expect the gate would be the issue rather than anything else.

Not too bad wind wise here, though it is about the place. Most productive thing I did at work today - organise a cupboard. Sometimes I wonder what the point is in going in...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #7

Hi, people, not as nice as the last few days, nearing 10:45 and 19℃ (66 F), cloudy and an East wind. It's supposed to make 27℃, doubt it, Rain due by Wednesday. Holiday today, no mail or FedEx/UPS deliveries so my cheese, pesto and tea order won't be coming today.

Glad the new vac suits, Shelley. Angie, that's a bit unnerving about the gate, hope it was just the wind. Creepy to think someone might have been snooping about, thank goodness your neighbor caught Monty. That happened to me once: Patches managed to open the basement window and was happily sauntering down Benton St. when Carolyn luckily spied her and lugged her home! Thank God for caring neighbors. MrsH, I was appalled when clearing my pantry for the move to find so many strange things and long expired dates .... Kazz, whatever it turns out to be, I know you'll enjoy it!

Be good to yourself today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #8

Hi, Squirrel, not ignoring you, we posted at the same time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #9

Not to worry Eileen. Sounds like you had a busy post to write anyway!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #10

Hi all, not a great day, back to work with a break in the middle of the day for a root canal filling. The holiday mood has gone! Still the dentist did a good job and it didn't, and doesn't now hurt. I have a purring Smudge on my knee so that is good but I can't type much more as she wants attention!