Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #1

Maine Coon Saturday

Rainy day here
Waiting to take the dogs out before training. I do hope Kwame behaves this week, please send some be good vibes
Not sure what to do with the rest of the day yet, training will be finished by 2.30.
I need to clean my doll room, bake some tuna flapjacks for Jerry, Malaika and Kwame and mend a broken doll. Whether anything gets done is another matter.
Hope everyone is ok, see you later alligator

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #2

Re: Maine Coon Saturday

Morning Shelley, everyone else. Sorry to have caused a bit of a fluster yesterday by not being on later in the day! It was a good day here, nothing awful - Monty had an appointment at the groomer's at noon and OH and I went out for a pub lunch! After we picked our new dog up (Monty has been "timmed") we came home, OH lit the log burner as it was cold and Monty and I fell asleep together. I hasten to say that I'd only had half a pint of Guinness, so it wasn't due to over indulgence! I will post some before and after photos of Monty later. In the evening, I kept snoozing on and off in front of the fire and the TV and then went to bed!

It's grey and cold here again today. OH has taken Shaun the Sheep (sorry, Monty!) for a walk and I am doing laundry and some vacuuming after I've reassured everyone that I'm OK. Thanks for wondering where I was. It is nice to know that I was missed although I would prefer it if you didn't worry ............... Eileen!

Hope you all have a good day folks, whatever you are doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #3

Good hearing all is OK with you Angie. Sounds like a nice day was had yesterday. And I guess that worrying, while not good for the one doing it, is rather normal if something out of pattern happens without warning.

I hope all goes well at training Shelley.

Here? A quiet day after my busy one yesterday. It's cold, wet, and a bit miserable here. Back to living in a cloud again. So sorry for the children who have just started their October Holidays... Mind, I think this weather all last weekend is the major part of my not being properly fit for work last week!

Making soup today - carrot, parsnip and leek along with thickeners and flavourings, cause that's what I've got in!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #4

Katy your soup sounds delicious, thanks for the good wishes re training, will report back later
Angie, nice to have you back , look foward to some pics

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #5

Hello all, back from a lovely week on the kent coast. What a contrast! Last Saturday I had to buy a sun hat, today I'm wearing several layers. The cats have just about forgiven us, they were throughly spoilt all week by my parents but of course we still have to get the cold shoulder for a bit!
Hope the training goes well Shelley. Angie, won't Mr M be cold? Squirrel- the soup sounds just the job.
Back to the laundry- how can one week create so much washing? Then I'm off to town to change library boods- I got through loads of reading on holiday- then I'm getting my hair cut.
Nice holiday but nice to be back!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #6

Hi people! Glorious sunshine, near 11am and 20 C (67 F) with the promise of 26 C later!! This above normal spell will last right thru the long weekend, we deserve it after all the rain and the cold spell. No news, just down for grass, greenhouse to check on plants, and waiting for afternoon grocery delivery.

Angie, sorry to fret, can't help it, but won't post next time; look forward to the shorn sheep pics! Squirrel, soup sounds delicious, enjoy! Shelley, "Behave"

vibes have been sent! CS, glad you're being forgiven for the abandonment.

Have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #7

Dull and chilly here too, we now have the heating on early morning and late evenings, old bones need warmth!

Today I started on the C-------s cake, got all the dried fruits marinating in Drambuie for 24 hours or so, will probably do the actual mixing and baking tomorrow or I might leave it until Monday. I'm also starting to think about pickles and stuff, doing a cucumber relish right now and looking through my preserves book for a couple of other ideas. OH is out at an art group demonstration but he's due back soon. Peace endeth!

Astonishing rugby results! Fancy losing to France! Wales did well, good win against a very fancied Ireland side, only Wales left of the British teams now, hope they go all the way!

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #8

Training was ok, in fact with Malaika it was brilliant, she did almost all the excercises perfectly. She's known to be very ladylike in class, refusing to sit on the cold floor and requiring a warm rug for her bottom, she also skips around any wet patches on the floor and requires time to daintily eat her treats instead of eating them on the move.
Kwame was better this week, he nearly completed a 2 min stay, did a good recall, came away from distractions and worked on his food manners.
He's got this look though that says "Up yours !" when he doesn't want to do something.
Just finished baking the pets flapjack, whilst i was mixing the ingredients both Kwame and jerry were hanging around in the kitchen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #9

Hi Folks! I'm home from my lovely long holiday in California with my sis and family. Have lots of pics to show you and will upload them tomorrow.

Got up extra early today to watch Wales v Ireland and seeing the boys go through to the semi's- delighted!
England were all out of ideas, shame they lost to France tho, would have been good to whoop their butts in the semi ( joking!)

Hope everyone is in fine fettle, will have to spend some time catching up with posts. Bye for now xxx

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #10

sorry CT and PP forget to say welcome back and glad you had good holidays