Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #1

Tabby cat Thursday

Morning all, it is a beautiful Autumn day at the moment. I'm on a train to London then on to Bristol to interview someone. I don't think people being interviewed always realise that the person interviewing gets nervous too! I know the person and really want her to do well- didn't sleep last night for nerves!
Last trip for work before my holiday, tomorrow will be spent trying to clear my dratted inbox!
Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-09-2011, 09:10 AM   #2

Re: Tabby cat Thursday

'Morning CS, just getting ready for my dental appointment at 10am. It's just the usual check-up but you can't help being a bit nervous eh?

Molly Cat was noisy last night, crying and scratching at the bedroom door. We found out why when we got up, OH had only gone and shut her brother in the living room at bedtime and she was lonely!

Catch up with you all later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #3

Morning CS, MrsH! Don't think I've ever considered that the person doing an interview would be nervous CS - I've always had enough nerves of my own to worry about! Hope it goes well.

Hope your dental check goes well too MrsH. My OH had a check up on Monday and all was fine, nothing to be done - so I hope that's a good omen for you!

I went to the GP this morning about my rash, which was minimal this morning as luck would have it. I have some different antihistamines to try and some cortisone cream, which I may not use - happier using aloe vera gel. But I may have opened a can of worms because I mentioned whether I ought to have an epipen in case of further stings. It seems I will need to be referred to an allergy clinic first, which in itself I don't mind but as far as I know the nearest is Brighton - so that's a day trip. Not sure if the GP thought I couldn't be trusted to only use the epipen if I started to have breathing difficulties after a sting ........ that's the trouble when you/GP don't know each other at all. What I wouldn't give to have my old GP back, the one I'd seen since I was a baby! No continuity of care these days. Tempus fugit.

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #4

Dental check went fine Angie, nothing needed attention, £54 quickly spent. I only go annually now at my dentist's suggestion, but I see the hygienist every 6 months so anything untoward is easily spotted.

I think you might well have opened a can of worms re allergies as you said. In a way it was a shame your rash wasn't worse this morning. Hope it gets sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #5

Hi all. Mostly cloudy and, thankfully, warmer: near 10:30 and 23 C (73 F), but rain expected today and tomorrow. Nice to have the windows open again for the fresh air. All's quiet here; busy tomorrow with bank, gin run and follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist.

CS, I never thought about the interviewer being nervous either! Hope you have a great holiday. Angie, what a shame, having to adjust to a new GP; are you going to Bristol, then? MrsH, poor Molly, she and her brother are so close.....

Hope it's a good day for all!

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #6

Phew the interviewee did really well so we could offer the job.
I do get nervous, picking the right person to join a team is a big responsibly but I'm also very aware that I'm potentially having a big impact on someone's life.
Anyway, back on a train- quite a long day today. Glad the dentist went OK Mrs H and what a pain about the GP Angie. DM I like the idea of a gin run!

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Phew the interviewee did really well so we could offer the job.
I do get nervous, picking the right person to join a team is a big responsibly but I'm also very aware that I'm potentially having a big impact on someone's life.
Anyway, back on a train- quite a long day today. Glad the dentist went OK Mrs H and what a pain about the GP Angie. DM I like the idea of a gin run!
I have practically everything but the kitchen sink delivered; but there is a ridiculous prohibition about spirits being delivered. Wine yes, the strong stuff, no way! Verboten, banned, taboo, not gonna happen! So have to go to the liquor store and tote home.... BIG sigh ......

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I have practically everything but the kitchen sink delivered; but there is a ridiculous prohibition about spirits being delivered. Wine yes, the strong stuff, no way! Verboten, banned, taboo, not gonna happen! So have to go to the liquor store and tote home.... BIG sigh ......
How odd. Is that countrywide? It sounds a bit 'big brother'

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
How odd. Is that countrywide? It sounds a bit 'big brother'
I'm pretty sure it is banned in the great majority of States ... a hang-over from the bad old Prohibition days, I suspect. . It was only fairly recently that wine delivery was allowed, at least here in Washington. Ah, the Nanny state

Catsey Veteran

22-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #10

I love your priorities Eileen, listing the gin run ahead of the pulmonologist

Hope that follow-up appointment goes well!