Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
19-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #1

Manx cat Monday

Thought i'd start another theme off.
Grey day here today but managed a nice dog walk, quite tricky taking the two out at once as they both need a lot of input to heel.
Cleaning up day today for me, no dog show tonight
Ah well, onwards and upwards

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #2

Re: Manx cat Monday

Morning Shelley - a bit of grey and blue here. OH has gone for a dental appointment, just a check up and then he's going to pop in and see his mum. Monty had a shorter walk this morning and hopefully we'll both take him later if the weather holds up. I have an asthma check with the nurse this afternoon and will have a word with her about my rash, which is still coming and going. My feet were quite bad yesterday. Seems to be affected by any change in temperature and wind/cold makes it bad, my ears/face go red and itchy in the wind which is embarrassing.

Hope Kwame's KC is better - how long do you have to wait before you can be sure it's gone and that Malaika is not likely to get it? Shame about the dog show though - but there will be others I'm sure.

Hope all have a good day.

(PS. Great Theme!)

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #3

Hi Angie,
hope your other halfs dental appointment goes well and your asthma appointment this afternoon and you get some help with your rash.
I have a dental appointment wednesday due to me missing the one last week, you may remember i forgot how to tell the time and lost an hour.
Kwame is much better thank you, just the odd cough under his breath now, going to stop the benyln today and just carry on with the honey for both dogs. Once symptoms disapear the vet said to wait 10 days before mixing again. I think the incubation period is from 5 to 10 days ish, nearly a week now so fingers crossed.
Glad you like the theme

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #4

Morning all well its afternoon now. Late start today as I am back at work this evening, kinda looking forward to it.
I did not know Kwame had KC. I watched someone walking two CKCS ust the other day and he was getting tangled too.
Angie whats this about rash? I appear to have missed loads, hope you get a solution or a reduction.

I have to pop out for a bit then back, having bacon, fried egg, fresh cooked tom, mushrooms and chips for dinner before work.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #5

Hi all! Are you using Manuka honey for the KC Shelley? I know a lot of people swear by it.

Hope you get some answers about the rash Angie and that OH's dental visit went well. That reminds me I've got a dental check-up this week too.

Today we finally got the shower fixed (fingers crossed!) they fitted a complete new unit and are sending ours back to the manufacturer for them to find out why it failed. Our plumber says that ours is the only one to cause them such problems, hmmm! pinch of salt required! Anyway the unit they replaced was the 2009 model and now we've got a 2011 one, so I reckon there was a known fault in there all along! Cynical? moi?

A big surprise in the post today, the pet insurance premium for next year is the same as this year no increase at all I've got a nasty feeling they've made a mistake and we'll be getting another letter from them soon It's not cheap this insurance lark is it? £68.72 a month for 2 cats and 1 dog (Healthy Pets "Gold" cover) But I see that the excess for the cats (now 6 years old) is now £75+25%.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #6

MrsH, glad your shower is fixed, at least you have the latest one now.
I am using just ordinary honey for the dogs, Kwame has only realy had one bad day and is recovering well. Just heard a bit of a cough and was sad to note it was Malaika, maybe just clearing her throat, maybe not. Will have to ring and check how Reuben my parents dog is......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
19-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Just heard a bit of a cough and was sad to note it was Malaika, maybe just clearing her throat, maybe not.
Oh No! I do hope Malaika just had a little frog in throat moment there and hasn't caught the KC.

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #8

update on Malaika, yes she has it. Just given her some Benyln, had to mix it with honey before she would take it.
Reuben ok at the moment

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #9

Oh no -poor Malaika - hope she recovers very quickly.

Catsey Veteran

19-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #10

thanks Angie