Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1

Umber Friday

Morning all! Lovely day here again. Blue sky, sunshine, warm with a bit of a breeze. OH has taken Monty for his walk and I am just about to get ready to pop to the local shops for a few bits and bobs.

Shelley - you asked about Pip's gingivitis yesterday - we will be paying more attention to his teeth with cat toothpaste and a little finger brush. Wish us well!!! (and Pip too of course )

Will be back off and on throughout the day. Have a great day peeps - extra special cuddles to all Catsey cats from me today

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
16-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #2

Re: Umber Friday

Talking of dental, just popped in to touch base and now off to take my little lad for a dental checkup.

Please let us know how you get on with the finger brush and toothpaste with Pip, it's something that's always been at the back of my mind but never yet had the guts to try on any of my 2!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #3

Hi both...

Wet and cold day here. Brrrrr! Still, soup for lunch.

I'm the one with the dental appt here. But I'll also be interested to hear how the toothbrush goes with Pip. I bought one for Cloud a long while ago, and asked the vet about it, but he essentially told me that sometimes it was a question of whether you wanted to turn cuddles into arguments or not. He felt that it was far better to just enjoy your time with your cat than to upset them with a toothbrush (and yes, he admitted that he'd never used one on any of his cats...).

Talking of cats... I was seeing today that you can actually make things out of cat hair - from handbags to cat toys!!! *rolls eyes* Anyone ever tried the latter?!?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #4

Hi all!
Squirrel, I could make a nice jumper from Posh's fluff but all I seem to do is sweep it up from the carpet!
Posh had lots of teeth out some time ago now, she has 2 large canines left 1 up and 1 down, across from each other. They are clean though and sharp as needles

Deciding what to pack now, trying to keep it light as I have to do most of the baggage handling. Ceri will get wheelchair assistance when we get to Heathrow to get around the terminal, so that leaves me to carry it all.

Please can I ask you to keep the trapped Welsh miners in your prayers. Sad news at lunchtime with another body found, only two miners left to find, pray they are alive. Their families must be distraught. Pray for the rescue services too.

See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #5

Hi,people! The chill is here, was 10 C when I got up, now near 10:30 it's warmed all the way to 13 C (54 F)!! Brrr! Normal high for this time of year is 27 C; it felt quite chilly when I was out.

I agree with that vet, cuddles are better than confrontation; as a person who has never been able to pill a cat I wouldn't dream of trying to use toothpaste and a little brush ... I know Mags uses some sort of liquid in the food, forget the name, but that seems like a good ... and safer! .....alternative. I've never done anything with cats fur except put it out for the nesting birds....... suppose I could stuff a small pillow.

PP, hadn't heard about your miners, yes said a quick prayer for them. So sad.

Enjoy the day ...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi,people! The chill is here, was 10 C when I got up, now near 10:30 it's warmed all the way to 13 C (54 F)!! Brrr! Normal high for this time of year is 27 C; it felt quite chilly when I was out.

I agree with that vet, cuddles are better than confrontation; as a person who has never been able to pill a cat I wouldn't dream of trying to use toothpaste and a little brush ... I know Mags uses some sort of liquid in the food, forget the name, but that seems like a good ... and safer! .....alternative. I've never done anything with cats fur except put it out for the nesting birds....... suppose I could stuff a small pillow.

PP, hadn't heard about your miners, yes said a quick prayer for them. So sad.

Enjoy the day ...
I use Dentagen in Cassie's drinking water and I also sprinkle a small amount of Plaque Off onto her food. She had her dental clean almost three years ago, has her teeth checked every year and so far there is no sign of a build up of plaque.

Global Moderator

16-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #7

Sadly, three bodies have now been found in the Welsh mine...

Thinking of their poor families, the waiting to discover the identities must be heartbreaking for them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #8

Thanks for the names, Mags!

Catsey Veteran

16-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #9

Hello all, late check in for me. Not having a good day so far but reading about the poor miners puts it into perspective. Here's hoping that perhaps the last man to be found is alive, so very sad.
Been to work this morning, returned home to discover more problems with my eldest son. I won't go into details but life is so difficult with him.
Re pets dental care, we use plaque off everyday for the dogs and i think i may try it with jerry now he's had his vets checkup. You haven't to use it if the pet has thyroid trouble. Also looking into petzlife products, anyone use this ????
Going to pack the car now for the doll fair tomorrow,back later........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

An happy to be at the right end of a long week, topped off with a 40 mile drive taking 2.5 hours! Sad to hear about the miners on the radio as I was stuck in a jam. Felt guilty that I'd been swearing about traffic- such a minor thing.
Have a good Friday evening all.