Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #1

Russet Red Tuesday

Morning everyone, very blustery here but dry at the moment.
Jerry is tucked up in his bed, sensible cat.
Dogs walked and i'm just getting ready to go to work.
Just read some good news on the Basenji front, the gene mutation that caused Fanconi syndrome has been identified which means there will be a direct test available. Hopefuly this horrible disease can now be wiped out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #2

Re: Russet Red Tuesday

Hi Shelley - very blustery here today too, but bright. Perfect for drying clothes but I've not done any washing to hang out - typical!

Sorry, I am completely ignorant of Fanconi syndrome but glad to hear that there will be a test.

OH reports that he and Monty met a Kerry Blue on the walk this morning. I had been looking at a possible "friend" for Monty and the Kerry Blue did take my eye. Lots of work, his owner reported. Also said that 2 is a good age to introduce a companion .......... so a while to wait yet! Mind you, also taken by a Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen. Monty had great fun with a PBGV met on a walk a week or so ago - very well matched for size and energy!

I've been to the chiropodist this morning so I have nice comfortable tootsies but my urticaria is rather troublesome today, must be the wind.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Forgot to say: We are all going to puppy training this evening, so I won't be online until later!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #3

Hi Shelley, Angie, those to follow. Another lovely late Summer day: blue skies, light breeze, 24 C (75 F) at 10:30ish. Had an interesting talk this morning and found that vegetables will be allowed in the garden, woo hoo! That would be wonderful; tomatoes again! But this place is also infested with squirrels, see them all the time running up and down the trees by the garden .... well, that's to worry about next year! Other than that, no news; the toaster is out for delivery according to UPS tracking site... I must be polite to this one !!

Angie, glad the feet are comfy; you have a long way to go before a new dog! Shelley, I also know nothing about the basenji problem but obviously it's good news! Anyone remember when Kazz will be back?

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-09-2011, 05:28 PM   #4

evening eveyone, not long in from work. Soo good to sit and relax with a cuppa!!! Its still windy and wet here so a wee night in again. Was meant to be going to the photography club tonight but didnt really enjoy it last week.

Angie, hope all goes well with puppy training
Eileen, hope you get you toaster
thats good to hear that there is a possible cure for the illness, unortunately, like angie, i didnt know about it.

Have a good night everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
13-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #5

Hi all...

Not long in from work here as well... But then, I didn't start until 12...

Thinking about another dog already Angie!!?! You really have got the bug! Sounds like waiting a little longer is a good idea.

Cold blustery and a bit yuck here again, though not as windy as last night to look at the trees... Still bad enough that the forth road bridge is closed to double decker buses (last night it was closed to everything but cars...)

have a good rest of your day all...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
13-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #6

Evening all! Sorry I haven't been on much, laptop problems! Its away to see if its worthwhile trying to fix it, if not il need to get a new one. Its absolutely wild down here, rainy and windy. Was glas to get in from work and put my pj's on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #7

Hello ladies! Sorry about my absence the last few days, I have had visitors staying since last Friday and lots going on and haven't been online much. Getting ready for my big holiday coming up.

We're off next Monday, so all the prep being done now. With Ceri being unable to help it's all down to me. Never mind, will be great to be able to just chill out in the sun soon

Glad to hear about a cure or detection test for that disease Shelley, never heard of it but it's good news that it's being researched. Angie, I hope Monty is behaving in puppy class and another pup in the not too distant future ??? maybe
Pam and Squirrel, I'm like you and winding down now. Eileen, I'll soon be looking at blue skies too I hope

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #8

PP, I know you've probably mentioned it, but I forget where you're holidaying....???

The new toaster is here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #9

Hey glad your new toaster has arrived Eileen.
Goodness me Angie sounds like the Bogle has won you over Hope the training went ok.
Fanconi is a killer disease of the kidneys particularly affecting Basenjis, previously there has only been a linkage test, now the gene mutation has been identified it means the test will be direct and reliable enabling better decisions re breeding to help readicate it.
Malaika tested probable clear and Kwame probable carrier on the old test which means they won't develop the disease.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #10

Back from training .... Monty was a good boy and apart from squealing at the beginning settled into trying his best for us, which is all we ask for. Some things he's good at, some things not so good - but he's only 6 months old!

We won't consider another dog for at least 18 months, I just rather like picking a short list!