Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #1

Indigo Monday

Hooooooray! I'm back. Picked up my computer this morning. All it needed was a bit of WD40 on the start button, was catching on the surrounding material and causing no end of problems. Seems OK now. Ppppheeew! relief....... computerless all w/end, can't believe the withdrawal I had.

Got badly stung by a wasp on Thursday late afternoon and my left hand swelled up like a balloon, so maybe I wouldn't have been able to type ..... it's gone down a lot now and I can see the wrinkles again. Never been so pleased to see a wrinkle! Still itchy but I've come off the antihistamine tabs and just using aloe vera gel now. No alcohol either because of the tabs, not a happy person but better now. Did quite a bit of reading and watching the golf

Hope everyone is OK? Think bad weather up north ..... strong wind here and OH off to play golf this afternoon, so I will have time to catch up.

Stay safe peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #2

Re: Indigo Monday

Welcome back Angie! nice to see you again Hope your poor hand is soon better.

My RA flare-up is a bit easier today so I can type this at a reasonable speed without too much pain thank goodness!

Had a poor sleep last night because of the bedroom door banging in the wind as it's a bit loose in the frame, it'll be tight and difficult to close one day and loose-fitting the next and there was a strange wheezing, squealing noise too. OH said it was the door hinge (I woke him up with "what's that odd noise?" ) but I wasn't sure, went to the loo and found a tiny dead mouse on the landing. Naughty Jason . I do hope it wasn't the mouse making those funny noises

A bit of laundry today, well it's Monday so it's traditional isn't it? nothing much else going on.

Hope the predicted storms from Katia don't live up to the forecast.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #3

Welcome back Angie, glad the pooter was fixed quickly! Hi Mrs H, hope the flare up doesn't last long.
I'm getting ready for a pilot of some new school sessions at Wrest Park. This afternoon I will mainly be cutting out and laminating leaf shapes. I have a varied job!
It is gusty here but not too bad. Hope everyone is safe and warm. Now, where did I put my scissors........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #4

I've just been catching up with the posts that I've missed while my computer was throwing a wobbly! I'm touched by some of the comments, thanks peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #5

Hello Angie, lovely to see you back, you have been missed.
MrsH, glad the RA is getting better
CS , it's all about leaves at the moment in education isn't it
Told both breeders we are going to give showing a try, got a headache from trying to find show sets online.
Ringcraft classes tonight.
Very windy here with a bit of rain thrown in for good measure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #6

So good to see you again Angie.

Wee bitty wild and windy here, but nothing like as bad as it could be yet... standing by to repel borders at 5pm though... typically I'll be heading throguh to parents a short while before that... Oh well! I'll go for smaller roads - more chance of upended trees, but less likely to be buffeted than on motorways... And far more sheltered when I'm driving through towns - tbh there are only a few bits with trees so...

Hope everyone has a good day...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #7

Welcome back, Angie, you were really missed! Glad all's back to normal and that the waspy hand's better too. I can just imagine the withdrawal symptoms with no Catsey fix..

Sunny here and a bit coolish, nearing 10:45 am and only 22 C (72 F), lots of blue sky and a light breeze. But a really cool front's coming by midweek, the daily high only 17 C!! All quiet here, no news.

MrsH, glad you're a bit better today; Shelley, sounds as if you really have the show bug! Suuirrel, be careful driving, hope the winds aren't as bad as forecast. CS, you do have a strange job description, always something interesting to do!

Take care, people!

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #8

I will take care when driving... If I land up driving... Have just phoned my Dad and agreed to take a rain check on that, and not to go there for my evening meal. I'll see what it's like come 7pm, but I may land up cancelling my going, though it will still be on... Just I've got a good 25 minute drive to get there whatever way I go, and most of them are no further than 5-10 minutes away (by car) so it is a bit of a different thing...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #9

evening everyone,

Good to see you back angie, hope your ok after your sting. Wasps are horrible bugs. i was stung above my eye when i was at school and it really hurt. Squirrel be careful on teh roads, if your as bad as what we are getting now then if you can, stay indoors. Hope your ok MrsH and your flare up calms down. CS hope the pilot goes well. Hi to shelley as well

I was working today from 8am as i am all week. managed to get into work before the rain started this morn thankfully and then Steven was a gem and picked me up after work so i didnt get wet and blown away going to teh bus station. Staying in tonight as its starting to get quite wild here in Cumbernauld. Pjama night me thinks!!! Hope everyone is safe and out of the wind/rain

Catsey Veteran

12-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #10

Must admit, I'm leaning more to staying home Pamela... Getting a lot of conflicting info. Weather forecasts for this area say wind speeds about 25-30mph, but the met office, and forth road bridge say that it's closer to 70mph... Who do you believe???!?