Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #1

Aquamarine Friday

Good morning all. Starting a thread after a couple of days absence. Have had the builders in working on the front and back of the house, but they have all gone now they have finished the work.

Will get and post pics of the results later. Always good to have jobs done, not so good parting with the cash

On a countdown to my holiday in California now, going in 17 days time - can't wait.

Did a few catch up posts, so sad about Tink's bereavement, loss of such a young life is so hard to take. At least K is no longer suffering, his pain is no more. Tink has been ever so brave.

Not much other news from these parts. Had a little taste of summer yesterday- it didn't last

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
02-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #2

Re: Aquamarine Friday

Morning PP. Good hearing that your builders have finished work. And a holiday coming up soon? Fab! Have a great time when it comes.

Day off here, which is much appreciated. Not much else to report either.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #3

Hi PP and Squirrel - nice day here and warming up nicely. Forecast is good for the w/end too, which will be good if it's right! Glad your builders have finished PP, I look forward to seeing photos of the results.

OH felt poorly in the night, he had what could have been indigestion but had to get up and didn't come back to bed until after 4.00 this morning. I got up once to check he was OK - I was thinking heart you see. So we both had a disturbed night and I let him sleep this morning.

I have discovered that I am useless without him - I couldn't even get the kitchen window blind to stay up! It has a catch at the top of the pulley and I couldn't get it to catch; next thing was the computer wouldn't switch on - there is something wrong with the ON/OFF button and OH has now admitted he's had problems with it too, but of course he always manages to get it to turn on (why is that?). So in the interests of sanity (and my Catsey fix!) I have put in a call to my computer wizard. Next thing, I couldn't get OH's car out of the way so my gardening chap could cut back some shrubbery to let me get to my little apple tree which is laden with fruit. Obligingly, N said that he'd go in from the back of the area so I didn't have to move the car. Must learn how to use the car! I keep having my mother's voice ringing in my ears "you'll never be independent!" OH says "why didn't you just ask?" Ah well - I do feel like a completely hopeless, helpless and hapless woman today!

Monty Bogle has also been a whingeing Pom too!!! But that's a different story

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #4

Morning all

Had a few hours sleep and although still tired it will wear off and I can sleep tonight, not my usual way but tired this morning. However hairdressers at 1.00 need to get a move on.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #5

Hi all. Rain overnight, as if we didn't have enough from Irene; cloudy and muggy now, about 10:30 am, only 22 C (71 F), although they say the sun will be out later. It's getting cool enough at night that I have to close the windows now. Summer is exiting stage left, slowly.... all's quiet here, off to the bank, liquor store and DMV this afternoon with Chris.

PP, look forward to pics; Squirrel, enjoy the day off. Angie, you're not having a good day! Hope OH is OK..?? Kazz, I've lost track, are you still on nights?

Hope all goes well for everyone today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
02-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #6

Another beautiful day here again, September has started out really well

DM do you close your bedroom window at night? I couldn't sleep if I didn't have fresh air even in Winter, although the time when I had a cheap hotel room in Paris next to an urban motorway was an exception

Angie I hope your day improved!

Himself has been getting on with the outdoor varnishing again tody. Honestly there's such a small amount of hardwood around the double glazing I can't understand why it always takes so long but I've learned to keep my opinion to myself or he'll get in a sulk and he always skins his shins on the rungs of the ladder! He's just not cut out for DIY is he?

Nails today, reddish coral to replace the pinky/orange frosty one I had previously.

Morgan has just decided to stick his nose up Jason's bum animals can be quite disgusting at times eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #7

Oh yes, MrsH, as soon as it gets the least bit chilly the windows are closed; I feel the cold. It has to be a warm room to sleep.

Poor hubby; my sympathy, not a DIY person myself!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #8

Never mind Angie, we all have days like that! I was using a 'pool car' and the person before me must have yanked the handbrake on really hard as I had to embarrasingly go and find a man to free it for me
Sometimes I realise how lucky I am- I have spent the last two days at Wrest Park training volunteers. I have to shake myself - I got paid to spend two days here!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #9

That looks a gorgeous place CS, and what a lovely day to enjoy those walks along the river there.
Here's a couple of pics of my new drive, and my car ( the scrape & dent on the right bumper cleverly out of shot !)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #10

Wow CS! What a gorgeous looking place .... reminds me, I was going to post a "guess where this is" photo ....

Thanks, Eileen yes, OH is fine - he has recovered faster than me (but he is 5 months younger!) I've felt tired out all day and fell asleep in the chair this afternoon.

Windows open at night? Small windows have only been open at night for a few nights earlier in April/May when we had that hot dry spell. Otherwise closed - mainly because Kizzy makes such a commotion jumping and climbing through them in the middle of the night and waking us up!

Nice new driveway PP! What did it looks like before you had it done?