Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Thank Crunchie it's Friday

Nearly there! I'm fighting emails and spreadsheets and putting together a presentation then I am off for a week!
Hope everyone is having a good day?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #2

Re: Thank Crunchie it's Friday

Enjoy your week off CS, shame you've got to work through all those spreadsheets first though!

Dull but warm here today, not quite sure what the weather might be like later on. Manicure this morning, chose a colour called Holly Berry which I think is rather like the colour of a good Bordeaux wine It has a faint shimmer to it too so it has a nice effect.

Don't really have any specific plans for the rest of the day, supermarket later on, testing out my new breadmaker means I'm getting through the flour rather quickly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-07-2011, 03:30 PM   #3

Hi everyone! We've been to the groomer with Monty! He is a very smart boy now - photos to follow. While he was there, OH and I went to the pub for lunch, so we are all quite relaxed now, Monty is asleep (OH might be too, watching the golf) and I am catching up here before going to make a cuppa as I can hear a tea bag calling me!!!

Bet you're looking forward to your week off CS! MrsH - what are you doing with all your breadmaking tests, and how is it going???

Hope everyone has a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #4

Hi CS, MrsH, those to follow! Sunny here and going to be very hot again; at about 10:30 am it's already 31 C (87 F); will probably make 100 F. And the water is off in my building, broken pipe! Plumbers supposedly in the way; hope they fix it soon, I need water to make soup at lunch! All quiet as usual, no news.

Hope all are having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
MrsH - what are you doing with all your breadmaking tests, and how is it going???
It's going really well Angie, I just love the new machine, makes me realise how poor my old one was! I'm just working my way through the standard recipes in the book that came with it before I try anything more experimental. Mr H is enjoying being one of the main testers. "That was good, which one are you trying next and when?"

I really pushed the boat out and bought the new top of the range Panasonic. It drops the yeast in at what they describe as the optimum time, which basically means after everything has warmed up I think. It's a lovely quiet machine, I gave up using the timer overnight with my old one as everything rattled but this one's great, so quiet and lovely to come down to fresh bread for breakfast need to watch the weight though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #6

Sounds wonderful MrsH - I am glad you like your new machine! I can just imagine that lovely new bread smell that greets you in the mornings!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #7

evening everyone, not had much of an exciting day, just working then off to OHs sisters with my deposit for his other sisters hen night. Came home and made us a lovely curry for dinner with garlic bread which was like a pizza base and angel delight for dessert, just having a movie night and munchies tonight

Hope you enjoy your time off cs
Eileen, hope the plumber arrived for you
How did monty behave at the groomers angie?
MrsH, glad your enjoying your bread making machine

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #8

Pamela, the water was restored just before lunch! So I could make soup.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
29-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #9

thats good then eileeen how did your soup turn out?

Catsey Veteran

29-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #10

Delicious! Edwards miso stock, two tsps, about the same of hon dashi (bonito stock granules),, sliced shiitake, scallions, somen noodles and 8 oz. water. The stuff is addictive, males a small bowl and I never get tired of it.