Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #1

Curly-Wurly Wednesday

Not sure they still make these - sorry, I know it's not strictly a chocolate bar!!!

OH has gone off to do some attorney things for his mum and hopes to be back for taking Master Bogle out before it rains. A shorter walk today and we have puppy class this evening. Would welcome your good vibes as they certainly seemed to work last Wednesday!

OH is also going to collect the digital tablet that was ordered yesterday from PC World and will pop into P@H to make an appointment to get Monty microchipped. It is quite a lot cheaper than taking him to our vet which I think is a bit of a shame but I don't want to wait until we have him neutered.

Don't forget peeps - quiz is TOMORROW!

Have a good day - will be back later on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2011, 11:05 AM   #2

Re: Curly-Wurly Wednesday

morning Angie and all to follow.
Good vibes for class coming your way
Need to make an appointment at the bank but it seems you can't ring localy now so i will have to ring central and press this and that button. It drives me nuts.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #3

Bingo, found the local telephone number on the internet. Can only get an appointment next friday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

Shelley I appreciate the problem you just can't speak to a person these days it is just press this and that , gets me mad!

I called BT to try and get a line removed but no sense at all, just got caught in a loop of number pressing- for Heaven's Sake!!!

I love curly-wurlies I had the last one in a selection box and it was much smaller than I remember, the real ones were longer and lasted a whole school break time

Raining pouring here, just returned from Tom's levaer;s assembly where his year group put on little sketches to entertain parents and their school mates. Very funny and emotional, they each told us of their favourite school memory. They were presented with their nursery school scrapbooks containing mementoes and their first letters and drawings, lovely.

After that, they sang the lovely Abba song 'Slipping through my fingers' - not a dry eye in the house.

Have a nice day folks, good luck to Monty for his chipping, and for puppy class tonight.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #5

Well, back from taking Monty - it poured all during our walk, persistently! Just having a late lunch and then I'll try and set up the Digital Tablet ...... hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Isn't it annoying when you can't actually speak to the branch you want to? OH did think about making an appointment with his mum's building society but in the end took a chance and as luck would have it, managed to get to see someone rather quickly this morning. Sorry you have to wait so long for your appointment Shelley.

How old is your Tom, PP? Is he just leaving junior school?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2011, 03:26 PM   #6

Hi, all! Quite warm this morning, 30 C (85 F), hazy sun. The midwest heat wave is on it's way here, will be in the triple digits (F) by the weekend; a bit hot even for me. All quiet, just out for grass and to the downstairs library. Do you realize we've lost 5 minutes of evening daylight since the Solstice?

Good class vibes coming, Angie; glad you got the Tablet. I haven't adjusted to Thursday, was thinking this morning, "Oh good, quiz night", then I remembered I loathe phone trees, press this, press that; usually if I stay on long enough and give bad responses they will finally connect you to a rep. And when I did get thru to my bank finally they said I couldn't change my address except by going to the bank itself! Why on earth; makes no sense to me, but did. Bah!! Sympathy, Shelley! PP, sounds like a touching assembly indeed.

Hope all are well; Angie, did you ever hear from Calismum?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #7

Hi all...

Back from work, and looking at life through a haze again. Still, better than the cotton wool for brains I had yest.

Cold day here, but it did improve from this morning, which is something.

And I too am a fan of curly wurlys. Has been a long time since I had one though! I think they do still make them - got a packet last year or the one before I think...

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #8

back from running a few errands and a dog walk.
It's realy quite tricky taking the pair of them together, i realy don't like it when they pull on the lead and you would think Malaika would know better
Eileen, hope you managed to find some good books.
PP, Tom's assembly sounds as if it was very nice, if a little sad.
Kate, i agree Haze is better than cotton wool

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #9

Eileen - I didn't get a reply to my email from Calismum. I am hoping she's just on holiday.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
20-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #10

Hi all

Well, its wet and miserable weather here and I've h
had a hectic and stressful day at work and I'm sooo happy to be home relaxing.

Had a welcome rub and purr from George, totally ignored by Milly and a hug from my gorgeous hubby. How lucky can one person be?!!

Sending out some of my contented happy vibes to those who need them

What happens with the Quiz? I've not done one yet and it sounds like a laugh.