Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2011, 03:19 PM   #1

Strawberry Sunday

Late for a Daily, hope all are well! Gorgeous day, lots of sun, 26 C (78 F), nice little breeze; was up on the roof deck for awhile enjoying the view. No news, all's quiet and peaceful. Broiled trout for dinner, new potatoes and curried cauliflower.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
17-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #2

Re: Strawberry Sunday

Hi Eileen... Yep, all going well over here. Quiet time mostly, beyond the normal Sunday routine, though am getting to go meet up with a couple of friends later.

Had a bit of a broken night last night, so on the sleepy side. Still, tis sunny after a day of thunder and wet yest, so...

Hope all goes well everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #3

Hi Eileen ..... guess everyone's out having a good time it is to be hoped!

Heavy showers here today and quite windy. Got wet taking Monty for his walk and he was a wet muddy little dog when we got him home - he looks rather like a drowned rat when wet but fluffs up nicely after a good rubbing!!!

We had a cooked breakfast this morning, so are having baguettes for supper with frankfurters and fried onions! Bit of a treat for us.

Hope everyone else had a good day?

(Sorry Squirrel, hello there - you posted while I was still typing!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
17-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #4

*laughs* Hi Angie - that one happens. Good to see you too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #5

Hi Squirrel, Angie. Mentioning frankfurters, commonly called hot dogs here, reminded me of a dish we had when I was a child: sliced hot dogs in split pea soup! I've not thought of that in years.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #6

Guess they are hot dogs also here .... usually served in a roll with horrid wet onions and mustard and ketchup!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #7

Hmmmm not thought of hot dogs in years .....Hmmm

Anyhow roast turkey crown here, have done the wallpapering today ....Yes Eileen I do wallpapering as well. Hung the pictures back up (after a bit of a change around) and now finished in the kitchen/breakfast room, but going to clean the kitchen doors down with sugar soap anyhow. Have cleaned the kitchen chair seats with dry shampoo too.

Its pouring down here or "upside down" rain its hitting the fround so hard it bouncing back up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
17-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #8

evening everyone, late check in for me aswell, was at the car auctions today which was good. We also bought a hooded litter tray for harris and skye today so its amusing at the moment watching them sniff about and try work out what it is.

Juts made pizza for dinner so away to have that. Enjoy your night x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #9

Some pictures of where I have been all weekend

Family activity tent (before opening) our team run 'make and take' activities (about 6000 people came into our tent over the weekend)

I saw the War of The Roses on my lunch break

A march past

and another (soggy Romans look particularly sad)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #10

evening all, back from the Northern Basenji society dog show. We don't show but took the dogs to see their breeders and relatives. Malaika was presented with two rosettes for doing her bronze and silver good citizenship.
Malaika was a bit grumpy for some reason and had to go have a lie down in the car She was much better after and met with two of her sisters and brother as well as various half siblings and dad. Kwame met his half brother and mum and was attacked by both :O He certainly recognised his breeder and was very excited to see her.
The only bad bit was a remark i overheard about us. Another breeder asked Kwame's breeder if we were going to show him, when she replied no i heard her say loudly "What a waste !" I replied no it's not he has a great home but wish realy i'd thought of something better to say .