Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
09-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #1

vanilla saturday

Morning everyone.

Hope you all had a good friday. Apologises for the no posting yesterday. Went to the pub straight after work to celebrate the end of my 4weeks training. Good night but rather alot of alcohol was consumed!!! but feeling fine this morning

We are doggy sitting 2 german shepards tonight at OH's mums house as they are away for the night so wont be on much today. Hoping to go to the tall ships in Greenock tomorrow aswell

Hope you all have a good day whatever you do.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #2

Re: vanilla saturday

Hi Pamela, those to come.

I'm currently at parents, while the car gets checked out - it has a rather noisy exhaust, so when I was here yest Dad phoned the garage, and they said to take it in this morning...

Parents were doing some voluntary stuff until the early hours of this morning at T-in-the-Park, so they are both sleeping, and I was asked to come in quietly to make sure I disturbed them as little as possible. Have to return to the garage for about midday, so hopefully they shall at least be awake by then!!! Thing is, they're doing a bit more of the same tonight, so they do have to catch up on as much sleep as possible while they can. After that they can worry about sleep patterns etc. Mum, being a teacher, is on holiday anyway, though Dad has booked Monday off to help him recover a bit more than otherwise...

Nothing much else to report as yet!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #3

morning Pamela, Kate and all to follow.
Congrats on finishing your training, Pamela, glad you haven't got a hangover. The tall ships sound great.
Kate i hope your car is fixed today. What voluntary work were your parents doing ?
I've been to a carboot this morning but didn't find any treasures
May go over to see an old friend later today.
Tomorrow we are hoping to take Kwame to a Paws in the park event, Malaika is in season so we are unable to take her.
Jerry has been fed and is out and about somewhere.
Check back in later.

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #4

Parents are Street Pastors Shelley - have been trained to be out on the town to help the emergency services etc keep people who have been out at night clubs and pubs and all the rest of it safe of a weekend - and deal with people who are unwell.

They give out flipflops to girls in horrendous high heel shoes at the end of the night, and have space blankets for freezing cold weather, and carry spikeys to go in their drinks bottles...

Apparently the main thing they were doing at titp last night was giving directions, but...

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #5

I've never heard of street pastors, Kate.
What an amazing thing to do and how practical, re the flipflops and space blankets.
Just back from a walk with her ladyship, was trying to show some people how she could sit and give a high five. Not a chance today though
Off to visit my friend now with some dolly bits and pieces to see if we can restore an antique doll.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #6

Hi Pamela, Squirrel, Shelley! Gorgeous day here: violent t'storms swept thru yesterday, dropped as much as 3" of rain in some places (not in the City, we only had .60"), and brought in cooler air and lower humidity. Sun and 26 C (79 F), much cooler than normal. Nothing going on, waiting for an afternoon grocery delivery.

Pamela, the tall ships sounds great; Squirrel, I too never heard of Street Pastors, what an excellent idea idea, you must be proud of them. Shelley, will Malaika be spayed when she's older? Good luck repairing the dolly!

Have a pleasant day!

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #7

I am Eileen - I couldn't do it - up til the early hours, dealing with all kinds of behaviour... all just a bit wild for me, though apparently no one is too old or young (well, within reason with the too young bit!!!) Not too surprised not many people know of them, they're relatively new - set up in 2003 from what the webpage says. Not sure what rules are re: web links, but... http://www.streetpastors.co.uk/Home/tabid/255/Default.aspx

That's the home page with all the info about how it was set up. It's a church based thing, as I guess the name suggests!!!

Catsey Veteran

09-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #8

Back from my friends, not able to repair the doll as i needed a bit i'd left at home.
Eileen, yes Malaika will be spayed, i'm filled with dread about it. We will need to wait 3 months now.
Nice and sunny here now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #9

Hi all! Had a good day here, not sure where it's gone. My gardening man came this morning because yesterday was so wet and then we took Monty out for his walk. We had a grocery delivery and OH watched the qualifying for the British Grand Prix this afternoon and I did some weeding in the garden.

Had a treat for supper, steak and chips, with a nice bottle of claret and l am feeling a little mellow now! Hope everyone else has enjoyed their Saturday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #10

They've just introduced the street pastors in my area squirrel (Telford). I think it's a fab idea and hopefully will lead to less 'incidents' on a weekend.